+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Info|Lore: Plain and Simple

Default Info|Lore: Plain and Simple

I've never been a man big on the Lore of games, perhaps because it's too far and would take far to long to get caught up in, but I have a very strong feeling this game will pull me in, and i would most definitely like to absorb as much of the lore as i possibly can.
    (Keep in mind i have not read a single bit of Lore; I'm looking for A. Direction to the Lore or B. A Rift Crazed player's idea of what went down"

What I want to know:
    1. I want to know who the Big Shots are for each Faction, Who is the leader, who is the bad *** that comes out of no where and turns the tides of battle
    2. I want to know about all the little battles and arguments that led to there BEING two factions.
    3. I want to know How the rifts started occuring (Not literally but from each perspective)

I don't just want to play this game, I was to be a PART of it.

-I was going to include a lot more
    Last edited by Krypt; 01-23-2011 at 11:47 AM.
    Don't simply try to do the minimum; Bite off more than you can Chew, THEN CHOMP

A good place to start is here. http://telarapedia.com/wiki/Timeline

You'll learn about all the different gods, how the factions were formed, and everything else leading up to the current game date.
    Malachi of Deicide | Defiant on Sunrest

RIFT Fan Site Operator EntreNous's Avatar

Seriously ... all of your questions can be answered by reading the main site pages.
    The best place to start is ... MAIN SITE

*might possibly edit in some answers later*
    Edit 1. sorry forgot to add the link ... I scrolled up the page and grabbed it for you. Here it is ... MAIN RIFT SITE
    Last edited by EntreNous; 01-23-2011 at 02:30 PM.
    RiftRares ... A work in progress.
    Rogue on FaeBlight
    8/8 RR's ... 4/4 DH ... 4/4 GP ... 5/5 GsB ... 5/5 RoS ... 2/4 RotP ... 10/11 HK

Quote Originally Posted by Dart View Post
    A good place to start is here. http://telarapedia.com/wiki/Timeline

You'll learn about all the different gods, how the factions were formed, and everything else leading up to the current game date.
    Thanks Dart, Appreciate it.
    Quote Originally Posted by EntreNous View Post
    Seriously ... all of your questions can be answered by reading the main site pages.
    The best place to start is ... MAIN SITE

*might possibly edit in some answers later*
    I figured as much, Why not assume i'm lazy? Which in this case i was I wanted a link and that's what i received.

Quote Originally Posted by Krypt View Post
    Thanks Dart, Appreciate it.

I figured as much, Why not assume i'm lazy? Which in this case i was I wanted a link and that's what i received.
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHA ... your to lazy to scroll up and click the big RIFT logo ...NOW THATS FUNNY !!!!!
    Rogue on FaeBlight
    8/8 RR's ... 4/4 DH ... 4/4 GP ... 5/5 GsB ... 5/5 RoS ... 2/4 RotP ... 10/11 HK

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA ... your to lazy to scroll up and click the big RIFT logo ...NOW THATS FUNNY !!!!!
    No need to be a troll, sure he could look up, click the RIFT logo and then search the site for all the information he needed, but what he wanted is someone to summarize it up for him so he wouldn't have to go through everything we did.

Lol.

The main rift site is pretty good but requires you to sift through a lot of stuff and make a lot of inferences. For quick references and chronological order I'd suggest going here and here. If you'd like a more in-depth but still ordered look at lore, check this site.

Keep in mind though,that at this particular point in time, the lore isn't yet fully comprehensive and not all of the "official" sites agree on everything. In addition, there are also a lot of allusions and holes (seemingly purposefully) in the lore that allow each individual to kind of fill in the blanks on their own.
    Nymaeria < Hate > : Level 50 Eth Cleric (Sentinel/Warden/Justicar) on Briarcliff
    Rhendali < Hate > : Level 50 Eth Rogue (Riftstalker/Bladedancer/Ranger) on Briarcliff

Quote Originally Posted by Dart View Post
    No need to be a troll, sure he could look up, click the RIFT logo and then search the site for all the information he needed, but what he wanted is someone to summarize it up for him so he wouldn't have to go through everything we did.
    He wasn't being a Troll. I too, am often stunned by how lazy people are. That's why I rarely take the time to answer lazy @#$%'s.

Not our jobs to spoon-feed the gibbering masses. My opinion is that if you want to play a beta for a game you may end up buying, you should do a little research on your own.

More power to those that want to waste their time on this, have fun and peace.

If you got nothing nice to say, why bother saying it at all?

Thanks for the post i was looking for some of this info

Hmm. Peculiar i clicked the big rift logo and i wasn't taken directly to The Lore, Shoo fly.

Now, I'm almost sorry I tried to seriously help you to begin with, by telling you that the Main Site was the best place to start.

Why not assume i'm lazy? Which in this case i was I wanted a link and that's what i received.
    I still think it's funny as hell that you called yourself to lazy to look at the pages!! ... I may even use it in a sig ... it's that epic!!!

Hmm. Peculiar i clicked the big rift logo and i wasn't taken directly to The Lore, Shoo fly.
    My bad! ... I will try and help you with better directions.
    Once you click the RIFT banner at the top of the Forums, it will take you to what is called the home page. Now there will not actually be any lore on that particular page, but what it does have is what some might call ... interesting. Now what you want to do next is take a look along the top edge of the page, just below the RIFT banner. On that header line you will see some blue link boxes. Place you hand on your mouse and slowly scroll over them. As you scroll some will open up to show more choices. Spend a few minutes checking out those listings, until you see one that you'd like to start with ... For me I just dove right in haphazardly and went with "Zones", but you can choose whichever you'd like.

Goodluck and if you ever need any futher help ... don't hesitate to ask.

BTW .. I was glancing down the Lore Forums and about 5 thread boxes down was a post called .... RIFT Website Lore Summerized". This might be something handy for you. I haven't actually seen it myself, but from the replies n the thread, it could be a goodie!!! Here's a link to it.... http://forums.riftgame.com/showthrea...ore-summarised
    Last edited by EntreNous; 01-23-2011 at 08:39 PM. Reason: forgot the top quote
    Rogue on FaeBlight

Now, I'm almost sorry I tried to seriously help you to begin with, by telling you that the Main Site was the best place to start.

I still think it's funny as hell that you called yourself to lazy to look at the pages!! ... I may even use it in a sig ... it's that epic!!!

My bad! ... I will try and help you with better directions.
    Once you click the RIFT banner at the top of the Forums, it will take you to what is called the home page. Now there will not actually be any lore on that particular page, but what it does have is what some might call ... interesting. Now what you want to do next is take a look along the top edge of the page, just below the RIFT banner. On that header line you will see some blue link boxes. Place you hand on your mouse and slowly scroll over them. As you scroll some will open up to show more choices. Spend a few minutes checking out those listings, until you see one that you'd like to start with ... For me I just dove right in haphazardly and went with "Zones", but you can choose whichever you'd like.

Goodluck and if you ever need any futher help ... don't hesitate to ask.

BTW .. I was glancing down the Lore Forums and about 5 thread boxes down was a post called .... RIFT Website Lore Summerized". This might be something handy for you. I haven't actually seen it myself, but from the replies n the thread, it could be a goodie!!! Here's a link to it.... http://forums.riftgame.com/showthrea...ore-summarised
    I didn't even realize You were the same person that posted the first one, i thought you were a random troll coming in here.
    My apologies.

I don't spend 100% of my time on these forums, and i know there is a lot of people that literally do, so i assumed i would get an enthused Rift fan to either give me a link or type a summary, it doesn't matter how many threads have been opened before, It's a forum, You don't run out of room.
    anywho i apologize for telling you to shoo, I didn't realize you were the third poster trying to help

I didn't even realize You were the same person that posted the first one, i thought you were a random troll coming in here.
    My apologies.

I don't spend 100% of my time on these forums, and i know there is a lot of people that literally do, so i assumed i would get an enthused Rift fan to either give me a link or type a summary, it doesn't matter how many threads have been opened before, It's a forum, You don't run out of room.
    anywho i apologize for telling you to shoo, I didn't realize you were the third poster trying to help

AWESOME !!!
    Hopefully things are going well for you!?!?!
    Rogue on FaeBlight

AWESOME !!!
    Hopefully things are going well for you!?!?!
    Yeah, i'm actually quite enjoying myself. Currently have 2 14s, Rolled a Rogue (Assassin/Riftwalker/Nightblade) and didn't really like it that much, no CC not enough burst early on, then i rerolled a Warrior (Champion/Beastmaster/Riftblade) and i am Looovin it.

I can't wait for February 24th!

+ Reply to Thread