+ Reply to Thread

Thread: A new lore Q&A?

RIFT Community Ambassador Talila's Avatar

Default A new lore Q&A?

Heya guys.

So I'm just wondering here. Back around a year ago we had some lore Q&A's with the Lore dev team come to us via a fansite (I think it was called Riftrp.net) and they were really awesome. I was thinking about if it would be possible to do one again, now that so much time have passed and a lot of new things have been revealed. However as I can understand the fansite which did them back then seems do have grown more and more inactive so I don't know if it's possible to get one through them/another fansite. If anyone who leads the site is about seeing this, throw in your two cents please?

So I wanted to ask, if you guys think we'd be able to come up with enough questions for a new one and then perhaps one more directed at those who can answer it: Can we have it done via the forum here perhaps?

Links to the previous Q&A's:
    1: http://riftrp.net/index.php?topic=1348.0
    2: http://riftrp.net/index.php?topic=1955.0

Was just thinking it'd be nice with a new opportunity to ask things, and then ponder about the answers ^^
    I went off to FFXIV. Here's my blog.

RIFT Community Ambassador Morvick's Avatar

I'm sure we could come up with questions, but a part of me thinks we'd be wiser to wait for information on Storm Legion, if only to have more targeted questions.

I'd enjoy a new Q&A, just wondering if we can't hold out a bit longer to have better questions.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zinbik View Post
    I also made other enhancements to certain aspects of the game for various reasons.

Rift Chaser

First question: Is there still a lore dev team?
    Feine / Dreamwing
    "No I in team"

RIFT Community Ambassador Morvick's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Feine View Post
    First question: Is there still a lore dev team?
    I haven't seen them around, but Elrar has passed things on to "The Lore Guy", who I'm lead to believe is an enigmatic shadowy figure nodding sagely in the corner of the offices.
    I think the last question bounced off said spectre writer was on the subject of Ascended pregnancies...? It's been a while.

If we compiled a list, either now or after some leaked info about Storm Legion, I'm sure someone would be happy to oblige us with answers. Otherwise they enjoy us sitting here theory-crafting (for example, I don't think they had previously asked themselves about the nature of Ascended pregnancies until we, the fans, dug real deep and opened that can of worms).
    Last edited by Morvick; 07-08-2012 at 10:53 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zinbik View Post
    I also made other enhancements to certain aspects of the game for various reasons.

I can see the point in waiting until Storm legion has hit, though I think if that is the case maybe it becomes too focused on Storm Legion. I'd ideally want to see a few questions to other parts of the lore as well.
    Perhaps we could have a smaller one that leads up to Storm legion, and then one that focuses on Storm Legion after it's launch (so we'll be able to catch up on the new additions to the lore etc).
    Just tossing ideas here, I don't know what's (if any of it) is realistic with the lore team, but it sure would be nice to have the opportunity to hear a bit more from them

/signed

I too would love to hear something by way of more info on existing things in Telara.

Storm Legion information would be awesome but we've had a lot of time to stew on things as they are and I'm sure we could all come up with very interesting and thought provoking questions, so please Trion oblige us!

Well since it seems like we're having a Q/A (yay! ) I'll write down one of my questions already so I don't forget it.

In the book "Codex Elementalism" I noticed this bit of text:
    "Death is entropy and decay. An end to creation, energy, substance, mind and knowledge.
    Death is a release. The energies of death are a part of natural cycle of Telara. But empowered
    by magic death is destruction out of control."

The bit that puzzles me is where it says "Empowered by magic", as I had previously thought that magic was the different energies from the plane. My question(s) are, what defines magic in the world of Telara? Where does it come from, how is it shaped?

Cool, would love to read this never knew about the old q/a, seen some info in there which I did not know yet(jeej)
    Sotiria, GM of Fade Legion.. Founder of Covenant(Argent)
    pew pew rogue
    4/4, 2/4, 1/5

+ Reply to Thread