+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Nightfall

Soulwalker

Default Nightfall

As I understand, Nightfall believes Telara is doomed and wants to work to further ascend and leave before all is lost. I understand why Dominion and Oathsworn are battling but what I don't understand is why Nightfall thinks fighting in conquest will help them accomplish their goal.

Has someone dug up something I missed? Is there something on the battlefield the factions want or just battling over beliefs?

Soulwalker

From what I undestand they don't believe that Telara is doomed, quite the opposite.

They think that Ascended have too much power at their disposal and as such, should leave it as soon as the Blood Storm is defeated in order to avoid infighting and ideologies such as Dominion's - Ascended supreriourity over common folk.

Dominion want the Ascended to become the new rulers of Telara, and Oathsworn are pretty much do what Ascended were doing before - defending Telara against planar foes.

The Nightfall believe that the Ascended prescense on Telara threatens the survival of the native people because the ascended have become too powerful and are fighting the other two factions to remove them from Telara through force.

http://www.riftgame.com/en/video/fea...video-v27.html

Soulwalker

Hmm. So are the Nightfall against protecting mortals from the planes all together? Why else would they conflict with the Oathsworn. And by the bio rift gives of Nightfall I have a pretty strong impression they just want to ****.

http://www.riftgame.com/en/game/pvp/conquest.php

edit: screened g t f o
    Last edited by Brutana; 07-07-2012 at 03:21 PM.

Soulwalker

Unless they feel they, as ascended, are a greater threat to mortals than the monsters from the planes.

Soulwalker

Also, this is a direct quote from Clint Ravensworn, THE Nightfall representative.

"We of Nightfall have a simple belief: Telara is doomed. We can only hold off the elementals and ancient evils for so long. We must find a way to transcend these realities, to ascend further before the complete destruction of all slivers of Telara."

+ Reply to Thread