+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Lutinz

Thread: Have Ley Lines ever been mentioned in the lore?

Plane Walker

Default Have Ley Lines ever been mentioned in the lore?

for I came across this when reading an article about earth energies.

Rifts
    As a rule, major ley lines donít cross each other. When they do, the cross section is called a nexus point. At this intersection, rifts are formed, which is a tear in reality.

The size of the rift would be in accordance to the stress of the reality of the environment around the nexus point proportional to the ley lines that cross. To simplify this statement, let me explain it this way. If two small ley lines crossed in a remote locations, a small rift, if any, would appear. However, an area such as Stonehenge that has a number of very strong major lines crossing it and numerous minor ones tend to create larger and even multiple rifts.

Frequency of rift openings is determined by the relative strength of the nexus point. If a strong magical nexus exists, the chance to split Reality occurs more often.

Ascendant

Don't you have to follow the ley lines in the Life Saga quest (Guardian Side) in order to kill the tree dude in Stillmoor? I haven't done it in a while, but it was something like that.

Plane Walker

not sure Sariina, the Guardian I play is still only at level 25; I do hope so though.

Yes you do have to follow the ley line for the Life saga as a Guardian but that's the only time I recall any quest saying anything about the ley line
    Myrmidon Xillean Tormeng, Lord of War
    Dimensions: Planar Study Spec: 61/10/5
    PA: 900 | Score: 11120 | Tradeskills: All Grandmastered
    4/4 GP | 4/4 DH | 5/5 GSB | 5/5 RoS Conqueror | 11/11 HK | 2/4 RotP | 1/8 ID
    Characters: Xillean R90, Phantasmal R72, Eylisa R68, Kattie R74

Ascendant

Ley Lines would apply much more to the Lore of the game.

As, some Magic-Class(es?) should have the ability to locate them ( training dependent) and have some skills evolve that would allow their use - effect on mana use and / or recovery, or casting abilities, or SP.

I would like to see that and the challenge of dark vs. light magicks.

Quote Originally Posted by Sariina View Post
    Don't you have to follow the ley lines in the Life Saga quest (Guardian Side) in order to kill the tree dude in Stillmoor? I haven't done it in a while, but it was something like that.
    Yes, you have to follow ley lines in this quest... -> sweet nechtan
    Capes
    Cloaks

Thoroar - Narcissia - Ricroar - Swimella
    I'm @Icewatch, /hug me!

Yep the Aelfwar Saga.

Telara itself is a massive crossing between all 6 Planes, the 'Nexus of the Planes', and likely is unique within the whole universe of this (what I call the) 'Nexus Plane'.

Ley lines are mostly invisible, but I wouldn't mind some ability attached to detecting them in the future. As it is now, this is likely what Orphiel tracks with this magical scope on top of Meridian. Might the Rift world have space and planets? I think so, but 'ley lines' are where all the planar stuff comes into play.

Plane Walker

Hmm, isnt the sagespire built on a nexus. Thontic's shrine there uses the energies from the different Planes to cancel each other out and as such protect the area from Planar incusion. Its the reason all the portals open around it during the questing there because a lich has thrown the shrines balance out of whack.

Plane Walker

Shyla Starhearth wants you to seal a rift in Stillmoor and then to use the Dowsing Rod to track the ley lines of planar power to the ritual of Nechtan. Once the ritual is found, disrupt it and destroy the creature whose power clouds the mind of the Aelfwar.

the ley lines of planar power were found in water?
    Last edited by Mythue; 06-08-2012 at 05:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mythue View Post
    Shyla Starhearth wants you to seal a rift in Stillmoor and then to use the Dowsing Rod to track the ley lines of planar power to the ritual of Nechtan. Once the ritual is found, disrupt it and destroy the creature whose power clouds the mind of the Aelfwar.

the ley lines of planar power were found in water?
    I think the dowsing rod is just wording for 'rod that detects power', not water.

Plane Walker

"The mention of the ritual of Nechtan explains much. I have read of this faer creature, it has the appearance of a great troll, but its power is far greater than its brutish strength and tusks. This creature creates lotus flowers that makes mortals forget their lives.

This creature is not of our world, and cannot cross over easily. Hylas must have his mages channel the energy of the Plane of Life to keep his followers deluded. Take this dowsing rod and seal a life rift. Follow the lines of power.
    Completion Text
    With the sweet nectar of forgetfulness removed, the Aelfwar may now begin to wake up. We must take this opportunity to save our lost allies."

I wonder now after reading more of this quest, if a Lotus flower is still considered aquatic in Rift. :) and when the ley lines were followed how did they seem.

Ascendant

Is that a Guardian-only plot? I can't recall any reference to ley-lines in Defiant lore.
    Regardless of what happens, people will always be unhappy. Be thankful for what you have and always be constructive.
    Quote Originally Posted by A Poster View Post
    good or the best
    This quote offers insight into why there are so many perceived balance issues. To some, it doesn't matter how good something is; if it isn't the best, it isn't worth using.

Quote Originally Posted by Caydin View Post
    Is that a Guardian-only plot? I can't recall any reference to ley-lines in Defiant lore.
    Yes, it is part of the Guardian Aelfwar Saga - this particular section was the Stillmoor one.

+ Reply to Thread