+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Regulos' Plot?

Default Regulos' Plot?

So, I know the basis of the lore in RIFT, but perhaps a lore-junkie can help me finish the puzzle.

Ok, I understand that Telara is basically the crossroads for the elements; death, life, fire, etc.. But I don't understand... Regulos is the god of death, correct? What was his agenda with Telara? Why does he want to take it over? In the opening cutscene you hear the leader of the Defiant say,"To great of a prize it attracted the hunger" (Of Regulos). Why is Telara such a prize to Regulos?

Halp please Thank you.
    Trying to Install RIFT on Linux? Read my guide! Here:http://forums.riftgame.com/showthrea...ith-Winetricks

"I don't use drugs, I am drugs."

Because Regulos is HUNGRY!!

If you play League of Legends, think of Regulos as Kog'maw. He's hungry. He eats. That's it!

In all seriousness though, I do think that's the actual answer. Death comes for us all is something often said... and Regulos has come for Telara.

I am Rinleigh.
    I am Defiance.
    <3

Does Regulos perhaps become stronger by taking souls of ascended? That would seem viable. I suppose he's sort of the embodiment of the unsatisfactory of human nature, taking things to fill the void will never be full.

I'm just thinking off the top of my head.
    Last edited by Cheeb; 01-22-2011 at 01:48 PM.
    Trying to Install RIFT on Linux? Read my guide! Here:http://forums.riftgame.com/showthrea...ith-Winetricks

I thought you knew the lore? Or paid attention during the cutscene?

The bloodstorm consume wolrds.

Telara was created at the nexus of the planes, a place of great power, the juiciest of prizes for the bloodstorm.

When they came the first time the normal citizens with aid from the Vigil created a ward to protect Telara and imprisoned the dragons.

Aedraxis cracked the ward, hence the rifts. The ascended were the Vigil's way of providing Telara a way to fight back.

Edit: Regulos seeks only oblivion, the destruction of everything. The other dragons have different motives, you can find all of this on the lore pages of the website.
    Last edited by Auld; 01-22-2011 at 07:17 PM.

RIFT Fan Site Operator EntreNous's Avatar

Auld hit it pretty well !!!

Here's a bonus quote, I think is a real good quick overview.

"The Blood Storm, a pack of baleful gods, were drawn to Telara by the magical sourcestone the Vigil had used in it's forging. Regulos, the mightiest of the Bloodstorm, wanted to devour Telara, but the lesser gods rebelled and fought amongst each other for control of the planet. The gods and people of Telara united against them, banishing Regulos and caging the others in elemental prisons." - Chronicals
    RiftRares ... A work in progress.
    Rogue on FaeBlight
    8/8 RR's ... 4/4 DH ... 4/4 GP ... 5/5 GsB ... 5/5 RoS ... 2/4 RotP ... 10/11 HK

Quote Originally Posted by Auld View Post

Telara was created at the nexus of the planes, a place of great power, the juiciest of prizes for the bloodstorm.

When they came the first time the normal citizens with aid from the Tavril created a ward to protect Telara and imprisoned the dragons.
    Yes, but what is this "Power" what makes Telara so special? Perhaps we ascended can harness it for ourselves? Or maybe its something we can't reach, something only the Bloodstorm has use for.

Also, how did we imprison dragons?

Quote Originally Posted by Cheeb View Post
    Yes, but what is this "Power" what makes Telara so special? Perhaps we ascended can harness it for ourselves? Or maybe its something we can't reach, something only the Bloodstorm has use for.

Also, how did we imprison dragons?
    What makes Telara so special is the ... Sourcestone.
    The Eth harnessed it ... it's what powers their machinery.
    The Guardians use it to comune with the gods.

A good example of imprisoning the dragons can be found on the zone page ... Iron Pine Peaks

There's a lot of storyline and lore in the pages of the main website. I highly suggest reading those.
    Rogue on FaeBlight
    8/8 RR's ... 4/4 DH ... 4/4 GP ... 5/5 GsB ... 5/5 RoS ... 2/4 RotP ... 10/11 HK

Thank you EntreNous!

Do you happen to know if there is any more lore on the Sourcestone at all? I'll continue you looking but it would be nice if you had some information readily available.

Much Appriciated.

Thank you EntreNous!

Do you happen to know if there is any more lore on the Sourcestone at all? I'll continue you looking but it would be nice if you had some information readily available.

Much Appriciated.
    Sourcestone is learn about all through Terminus as a newb Defiant.
    Check this page at our Lore Blog ... it'll get you started. Terminus: Kokes Hold
    Rogue on FaeBlight

Thank you EntreNous!

Much Appriciated.

Hi Cheeb,

Have you played a beta yet? Its explained well in-game, I suppose if you havent been one of the lucky ones that would explain your questions. A lot of the struggles in game are over the sourcestone, the new area in beta 5 "Scarlet Gorge" is a mine for sourcestone and the defiant/guardians/death plane/earth plane are all fighting over it.

The game sort of revolves around it I suppose.

Quote Originally Posted by Auld View Post
    Hi Cheeb,

Have you played a beta yet? Its explained well in-game, I suppose if you havent been one of the lucky ones that would explain your questions. A lot of the struggles in game are over the sourcestone, the new area in beta 5 "Scarlet Gorge" is a mine for sourcestone and the defiant/guardians/death plane/earth plane are all fighting over it.

The game sort of revolves around it I suppose.
    No, Beta 5 will be my first beta event, I can't wait sounds like a lot of my questions will be answered.

And the gods of The Virgil used the Sourcestone to create Telara.

"Of all the worlds in the universe, only Telara was constructed entirely of sourcestone at an unprecedented nexus of the elemental planes. Elemental energies that come into contact with sourcestone become tangible, and Telara, so heavily influenced by every element, boasts incredible diversity and wealth.

Telara’s resources are capable of providing its people endless prosperity, if only they could share the wealth and keep the world safe from those who would plunder it. "

Rift Master

...and the question comes to mind: Why it was built this way?
    looks like Telara, with every defiant and guardians on it, its just bait for regolus....

err....because it makes for a dramatic story with lots of conflict?

Rift Master

Quote Originally Posted by Pretext View Post
    err....because it makes for a dramatic story with lots of conflict?
    now, dont break the suspension of disbelief walls with all this logic please

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast