+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Questions about the bosses of Hammerknell

Default Questions about the bosses of Hammerknell

Whenever I come across them I always think before we engage in batttle, "Where the heck did you come from anyway?".
    I find the Hammerknell lore very interesting. Learning about RKM and Estrode opened my eyes very widely, Vladmal also.
    But, I still don't know half the lore to almost every other boss.
    So my question for Murdantix, Matron Zamira, Zilas, Sicaron, Grugonim, Garau and Inwar is this: Where did they come from?

But for some more specific questions...
    1. Who impregnated Zamira? (Sort of got a lead on this. I think it was Sicaron, as they're next to each other in Hammerknell and... he uses "Unholy Contracts" :|. My second assumption would be Zilas... This is because during the Zilas fight, you have numerous Umbrals appearing that disable the crystals. These umbrals are VERY similar to Zamira's children. *SPOILER ALERT* My third assumption would be Zamira's death quote, "Who will take care of my babies?" <- Kind of implies there IS no father, and I don't even know who impregnated her.)
    2. How old is Zilas?
    3. Is Grugonim capable of communication or was he forced to serve the evil in Hammerknell? If so, who forced him to?

ANY information given about any of the above mentioned bosses would be very appreciated! Thanks in advance.

Shadowlander

Unfortunately, I don't think many of the bosses in HK aside from Estrode, RKM, and Akylios have much lore surrounding them--the general idea is that the death bosses are powerful souls that were used for runebinding and then freed during the Shade. Basically, they're filler bosses with minimal lore that just act as examples of the dwarven folly in Hammerknell. I would love for someone to tell me I'm wrong on this, though--I think Hammerknell is an incredible instance story-wise, and I would really like to see some backstory developed for the bosses, Sicaron in particular.

As for Grug, he seems to be a similar case, since leeches are native to the plane of death--think of other leeches you've seen in death rifts and lurking underground in Stillmoor.

Soulwalker

i cannot remember where i read this but soulrender zilas is fielding an army of undead to invade telara once hk doors are released
    Former Addiction Mage, RIP

Quote Originally Posted by Hatile View Post
    Unfortunately, I don't think many of the bosses in HK aside from Estrode, RKM, and Akylios have much lore surrounding them--the general idea is that the death bosses are powerful souls that were used for runebinding and then freed during the Shade. Basically, they're filler bosses with minimal lore that just act as examples of the dwarven folly in Hammerknell. I would love for someone to tell me I'm wrong on this, though--I think Hammerknell is an incredible instance story-wise, and I would really like to see some backstory developed for the bosses, Sicaron in particular.

As for Grug, he seems to be a similar case, since leeches are native to the plane of death--think of other leeches you've seen in death rifts and lurking underground in Stillmoor.
    Basically this.

They also provide a model for what beastly things (trash and sub bosses?) we could find in the Plane of Death.

These death beings are basically the former souls of Telarans (and possibly other lands/planets) that are corrupted into hopelessness and nihilism. Regulos mutates them into the beings we see here.

Or maybe that's just my wishful thinking. Because... I'd LOVE to see a Plane of Death that isn't 100% about purple+skeletons. I'd love to see more peaceful pockets, that we seem to see tiny glimpses of in the Perdeen expert rift and such.

+ Reply to Thread