+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Questions on some mobs in EI

Default Questions on some mobs in EI

So I'm guardian and unsure if defiance have this covered, but what's the story with the Merfolk around EI? There are some south of the island (daily, unmask innocent fish lol) a goodly bunch to the east (elite daily) and a mermaid songstress way to the north that you have to swim past on your way to the daily there who looks like she's enthralling npcs in the water.

Does anyone have any lore for this?

Also, while we're up north, what's the deal with the water mobs and the two headed turtles? It's been bugging me for ages.
    60Rog/PR64 - Cleared - FT | EE
    1-button TOTALLY AFK Rogue and Cheerleader for Blitz!

There is a quest for the big turtle abominations, I'm pretty sure it's a random daily but I haven't done EI dailies in like forever now.

As for the sirens and NPC's, iirc there was a quest on PTS with these. I didn't do it myself but remember people QQing about it. But these were the people who were QQing that normal mobs on EI were chewing them up in HK and P8 gear. There were a few quests disabled when EI launched, some of them did get fixed and introduced.

I also wonder what's going on with the ogres at Gilded Strand doing some voodoo stuff with jeweled spirit mobs, they didn't seem to be a part of anything.

Quote Originally Posted by View Post
    You obviously know nothing about Laethys, have you tried him?
    I don't log in anymore.

Aye done that quest, but it didn't really explain it. Just asked you to get the water squid to dispel the turtle monstrosity. Still didn't explIn what the plan ws there.

Rift Disciple

The Defiant do have a quest to do with the Sirens north of Ember Isle. Servants of Ithkus, they're drawing on the power of the spirits (their song enthralls them, and they give up their power to her so long as she continues to sing) and using it to protect themselves and corrupt the nearby Sourcewells. We convince the spirits to stop listening and kill the sirens, then kill a miniboss in the nearby temple.

Thanks! Just what I was looking for

Quote Originally Posted by Anuhart View Post
    There is a quest for the big turtle abominations, I'm pretty sure it's a random daily but I haven't done EI dailies in like forever now.

As for the sirens and NPC's, iirc there was a quest on PTS with these. I didn't do it myself but remember people QQing about it. But these were the people who were QQing that normal mobs on EI were chewing them up in HK and P8 gear. There were a few quests disabled when EI launched, some of them did get fixed and introduced.

I also wonder what's going on with the ogres at Gilded Strand doing some voodoo stuff with jeweled spirit mobs, they didn't seem to be a part of anything.
    I believe that voodoo stuff is about creating Laethys' armor. It is very close by where you destroy the one piece during the EI earth event and the golden extrusions look very similar. Most likely they are somehow harnessing the earth spirits to imbude the amor with energy/power or using them in fasioning it. At least the ones that I have noticed where all right there at one of the amor things.

+ Reply to Thread