+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: How is Maelforge standing alone, but he's in a alliance with Laethys?

Default How is Maelforge standing alone, but he's in a alliance with Laethys?

Okay so Maelforge is basically the one in the Blood Dotrm (besides Regulos) saying he stands alone and he doesnt need anyone. http://www.riftgame.com/en/world/not.../maelforge.php

So why ingame are Laethys and Maelforge are working together?

It some sort of thing like Regulos/Crucia or something?

Like many a thing of big bad evil guys I think that is a lot of bravado. When not eating worlds in "normal" space they are fighting amongst themselves so one nust keep up appearances /wink.
    Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorius triumphs, even though checkered by failure... than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat.

Lol That makes sense. xD

He stands alone.

...his cult does not. In fact, they're trying their hardest to wake him up, with Laethys' help.

Quote Originally Posted by Maeloda View Post
    He stands alone.

...his cult does not. In fact, they're trying their hardest to wake him up, with Laethys' help.
    So Laethys is just doing it out of the kindness ( if she has any kindess) in her heart?

Telaran

Think of it this way...

Laethys is the girl Maelforge knocked up after a one-night stand, and is obsessed with him now. She prepared everything for him and is trying to get his approval, even going so far as to use his element to make her underlings part of his crew (yo dawg, I herd u like fire, so I put fire on my minions so they can burn while you burn). Meanwhile he just shrugs her off, hoping she'll stop calling and go away (and not sue for child support in the process.... knowing how greedy Laethys is, that'll be one heck of a bill...)

Hence why after you kill her AND the eggs does he wake up and say "ohai, food!" ...Probably after thanking us for saving him from the dreadful Telaran Court System.
    Slatesplit

<Invidious>

Quote Originally Posted by Luscarion View Post
    Think of it this way...

Laethys is the girl Maelforge knocked up after a one-night stand, and is obsessed with him now. She prepared everything for him and is trying to get his approval, even going so far as to use his element to make her underlings part of his crew (yo dawg, I herd u like fire, so I put fire on my minions so they can burn while you burn). Meanwhile he just shrugs her off, hoping she'll stop calling and go away (and not sue for child support in the process.... knowing how greedy Laethys is, that'll be one heck of a bill...)

Hence why after you kill her AND the eggs does he wake up and say "ohai, food!" ...Probably after thanking us for saving him from the dreadful Telaran Court System.
    This made made laugh out loud for real ( people looked at me like o.O) XD

That is a interesting way to put it and oddly enough, it makes sense!

Think of it this way...

Basically this.

lol

It does help to see the dragons as them ALL HATING EACH OTHER.... but also sometimes having partnerships.
    Crucia + Regulos = the sharp or ruthless ones that move onto bigger and much larger scope things
    Laethys + Maelforge = jock and rich girl they stamp under the losers
    Akylios is the crazy guy no one wants to touch, let alone manipulate.
    Greenscale is the big olf that can be easily directed in one way or another, or even just serve as a distraction (hello Regulos..).

Greenscale and Akylios are too chaotic to work with anyone, so Regulos takes advantage of them (GSB/Moonshade/Hammerknell/RD), and so does Crucia (IPP/AP).

We're fighting the 'middle of the pack' ones that hold the power to potentially run over Telara with their sheer strength. Regulos is the big bad, but its clear ever since things like Fall of Lantern Hook that Maelforge or Laethys are still big threats.

Crucia and Regulos are the empire runners though . Green/Aky are the first trials of the Ascended, Mael/Laethys are the progression into greater power, and Cru/Regulos are the endgame of the first 'Act' of Rift.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Maeloda View Post
    Basically this.

lol

It does help to see the dragons as them ALL HATING EACH OTHER.... but also sometimes having partnerships.
    Crucia + Regulos = the sharp or ruthless ones that move onto bigger and much larger scope things
    Laethys + Maelforge = jock and rich girl they stamp under the losers
    Akylios is the crazy guy no one wants to touch, let alone manipulate.
    Greenscale is the big olf that can be easily directed in one way or another, or even just serve as a distraction (hello Regulos..).

Greenscale and Akylios are too chaotic to work with anyone, so Regulos takes advantage of them (GSB/Moonshade/Hammerknell/RD), and so does Crucia (IPP/AP).

We're fighting the 'middle of the pack' ones that hold the power to potentially run over Telara with their sheer strength. Regulos is the big bad, but its clear ever since things like Fall of Lantern Hook that Maelforge or Laethys are still big threats.

Crucia and Regulos are the empire runners though . Green/Aky are the first trials of the Ascended, Mael/Laethys are the progression into greater power, and Cru/Regulos are the endgame of the first 'Act' of Rift.
    I highly doubt Crucia and Regulos are working together. If I'm not mistaken in my lore delving, Crucia was the one who got the rest of the broodawgs to turn against each other and cause their downfall in the first place.

This, in turn, gets me to wonder this: What exactly was her motive to cause the strife? She's known as the tactical one, ergo she must've seen the dissension in the storm as the downfall of the pack. Normally one doesn't make a move that would call for the downfall of both themself and their siblings without some sort of massive power play or vantage gained from it.

So, to recap:
    Greenscale = Fat kid looking for cake... "OMNOMNOMHUNGRYNOMNOMNOM"
    Akylios = "&(#@!GH&D(*H)&HR*HENFON)&#H)&*H$@&*#HDFUENFO yes I can make sense out of this."
    Laethys = "Where's my child support, Maelforge?! And aren't the babies precious?"
    Maelforge = "D***it, Laethys, it was ONE NIGHT! *to the ascended* please kill me... I've had it with her! I don't care if the world burns anymore or not, so long as I don't see her again!"
    Crucia = ...wtf are you planning? Tricksy...
    Regulos = emo dragon of emoness. Seriously, he cut himself to the bone. Multiple times. Really, the Lord of Death? "I'll enjoy tearing apart your soul!!! ....But I'll let you live for now... so I can do it later.... yeah..." Definitely emo...
    Slatesplit

<Invidious>

I highly doubt Crucia and Regulos are working together. If I'm not mistaken in my lore delving, Crucia was the one who got the rest of the broodawgs to turn against each other and cause their downfall in the first place.

This, in turn, gets me to wonder this: What exactly was her motive to cause the strife? She's known as the tactical one, ergo she must've seen the dissension in the storm as the downfall of the pack. Normally one doesn't make a move that would call for the downfall of both themself and their siblings without some sort of massive power play or vantage gained from it.

So, to recap:
    Greenscale = Fat kid looking for cake... "OMNOMNOMHUNGRYNOMNOMNOM"
    Akylios = "&(#@!GH&D(*H)&HR*HENFON)&#H)&*H$@&*#HDFUENFO yes I can make sense out of this."
    Laethys = "Where's my child support, Maelforge?! And aren't the babies precious?"
    Maelforge = "D***it, Laethys, it was ONE NIGHT! *to the ascended* please kill me... I've had it with her! I don't care if the world burns anymore or not, so long as I don't see her again!"
    Crucia = ...wtf are you planning? Tricksy...
    Regulos = emo dragon of emoness. Seriously, he cut himself to the bone. Multiple times. Really, the Lord of Death? "I'll enjoy tearing apart your soul!!! ....But I'll let you live for now... so I can do it later.... yeah..." Definitely emo...
    These are some funny descriptions but they fit so well. xD

But Crucia was mated to Regulos, so there is some room for them to work together.

Just doubt Regulos would work with her after what happened......

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Rosalia View Post
    These are some funny descriptions but they fit so well. xD

But Crucia was mated to Regulos, so there is some room for them to work together.

Just doubt Regulos would work with her after what happened......
    If Crucia was once mated to him, then was the first to turn on him, there's DEFINITELY something she knows / is working on that's got her attention so much as to cause the downfall of the Dragons and get herself locked away. I have a feeling there's something looming in the midst that she was afraid of. Something that, even with the combined power of the dragons, was not enough...

Something more powerful and more dangerous than Regulos could ever dream of....

Either that or she was sick of his performance in the sack. I mean, seriously, if I had to be worried about breaking my partner's hip, shoulder, spine or other portruding bone, I'd look for another one myself...
    Slatesplit

<Invidious>

Quote Originally Posted by Rosalia View Post

Just wondering where you found that....

Quote Originally Posted by GothWulfe View Post
    Just wondering where you found that....
    In game ( I forgot where) one of the NPCS said it.

And you can find it here. http://www.faeblightinn.com/blurbs.htm

I never said that Crucia and Regulos were actually working together.

Crucia wants her own empire on Telara to last forever. In perfect stillness and worship towards her. She doesn't want anything to end... except anything that might oppose her, and that likely includes Regulos.

Regulos wants an empire... just to destroy it all in the end. It's a means to an end. He doesn't want some empire to last forever... he just wants to convince every existing thing that they must end, and to embrace necrotic energy and just DIE. Anyone who takes in his energy either gives up on existing/life, or they feel a passion to share this nihilistic belief with everything else in existence. This is why he has the more outright dangerous cultists - they can infiltrate any organization, or they can organize in great numbers to overhelm an area. I think the Endless Court existed in some form for millenia, but were largely stomped out before the Shade happened. Once the Shade hit Mathosia, Mathosians joined the cult in droves, opening themselves to the power of the Destroyer.

Long story short... Regulos wants everything to end (for some reason), and Crucia wants a state where everything that exists, exists exclusively for her. They are opposites in this regard.

I always saw crucia as the lying, manipulative, cunning, corrupt one. I imagined, if the dragons represented sins/emotions, she would be envy or idleness. She wanted regoulos to kill the other dragons so she could have telara to her self. She also stood back from all the commotion that turning her siblings on regoulos caused.
    Just an idea, probably all wrong .
    Capes
    Cloaks

Thoroar - Narcissia - Ricroar - Swimella
    I'm @Icewatch, /hug me!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast