+ Reply to Thread

Thread: So what is Crucia's angle?

Shadowlander

Default So what is Crucia's angle?

I have been trying to piece this one together, and the other dragons have some clear goals for participating in the blood storm.

Regulos feeds off death and the souls of the fallen; Maelforge revels in combat, Greenscale despises civilization and prefers to create savage wilds; Laethys lusts after wealth, and Akylios endlessly seeks knowledge.
    But what about Crucia? Her guiles seem to be mind control, possibly with the goal of obtaining an army? The little lore there is on her indicates she is/was a brilliant tactician, but none of this seems to really play into her wanting to wreak havoc across the planes with the other gods.
    Thoughts, ideas, or something I missed?

Crucia can constantly hear our thoughts and the thoughts of other sentient things. In some ways, she's like Akylios who wanted to impose a 'song' on the worlds. It just so happens that our individuality, our own 'melody,' is like scraping fingernails on a chalkboard to Crucia. The only way to fix it, is to replace everyone's hopes, dreams, ambitions, peculiarities with her own. She wants to be the only conductor and if everyone was 'her' then mission accomplished, no?
    Quote Originally Posted by Foxcalibur View Post
    Verily, Maelforge did say, "Suffer all the bros to come at me!"

Yeah, that piece is canon.

She seeks to control people basicly. Part of the rivalry between Laethys and Crucia is that Laethys inspires her worshipers and love her with passion, Crucia domonates the minds of her servents to worship her. Both end with the same result but totaly different approch to the matter.

Crucia loves to dominate everything, hence her sly and stratigic nature. One being that studies her in IPP believes that the Icewatch are unknowingly serving Crucia as her bodygaurds because she does not want to be released yet. It was in a journal I found in the level 52 cave going through the portal. I donot remember what color it was that lead to the journal.

Regulos believes that all things must go to extinction. Maelforge would love to burn everything, let life come back and burn it all again in a never ending cycle. Greenscale wants there to be constant life and always a struggle to survive, basicly a survival of the fitest to the extreme. Akylios seeks all knowledge and secrets. Laethys wants all the treasures in the universe and to be admired by her worshipers. Crucia wants to dominate and enslave everything.

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Turrant View Post
    She seeks to control people basicly. Part of the rivalry between Laethys and Crucia is that Laethys inspires her worshipers and love her with passion, Crucia domonates the minds of her servents to worship her. Both end with the same result but totaly different approch to the matter.

Crucia loves to dominate everything, hence her sly and stratigic nature. One being that studies her in IPP believes that the Icewatch are unknowingly serving Crucia as her bodygaurds because she does not want to be released yet. It was in a journal I found in the level 52 cave going through the portal. I donot remember what color it was that lead to the journal.

Regulos believes that all things must go to extinction. Maelforge would love to burn everything, let life come back and burn it all again in a never ending cycle. Greenscale wants there to be constant life and always a struggle to survive, basicly a survival of the fitest to the extreme. Akylios seeks all knowledge and secrets. Laethys wants all the treasures in the universe and to be admired by her worshipers. Crucia wants to dominate and enslave everything.
    Total Domination. Her frozen army is a good example. When Crucia first arrived on Telara her first act was to seize control of the minds of an entire nation. Within a very short time that entire nation became like a huge hive mind with her at the center.

Crucia definately strikes me as the most cunning and sly of the Dragons. She was only beaten because she was out manauvered by the best Warlord that Telara has ever seen. I think we will find her prison as much a fortress to protect her as it is a prison to hold her. If she can reach beyond it and free her armies she could quite concivably win without ever having to leave her prison.

On a seperate subject, Greenscale was often associated with the vice of Gluttony. I think he wanted rampent chaotic life with him at the top of the food chain. Much of his life minions often seem to have growths on them almost like parasites of cancers. Life devouring itself endlessly. At least that was my take on it.

hmm so using the 7 sins...

wrath-maelforge
    averice-laethys
    sloth-crucia
    pride-regulos
    lust-none, maybe alsbeth if anything
    envy-akilyos?
    gluttony-greenscale

forgive the spelling of the dragons

crucia doesnt have any need to show herself, her followers are many, and powerful, she doesnt need to be released...so, when it comes to her turn to die, i think well have to release her in order to kill her. and she doesnt want that to happen until regulos is dead.

The seven sins don't really apply very well due to Akylios.
    They're really more like the "dark" side of the elements.

If we do go with the 7 sins I'd switch things actually.
    I would actually switch Regulos and Crucia.
    Crucia is well known for her pride. The main reason she has not made any actual attempts to escape, is because she feels assured in her own might, her own capability to manipulate others.
    She doesn't simply hang back, she actively manipulates.

Regulos on the other hand is known as the devourer.He does not need to take an active role since he simply feeds off the results of his siblings and enemies actions.

He is described as being a bloated form. I think that fits Sloth quite nicely.

I definitely think many people are on the same page with crucia.

She is the most intelligent of the dragons and I think she knows what we have done with all her eyes out there and what we are going to do and what regulos is up to.

1) I do believe the icewatch is somehow being manipulated to protect her prison from being accessed or from her being released. As long as she is imprisoned, then we have to take out the other dragons--her competition. This also means that the ward is working, and regulos cannot devour our world.

2) I think she knows what regulos is up to. They are both very smart and I think they will ultimately seek to utilize the ascended against the other. This sounds perfect going witht he loore considering that crucia and regulos once used to be lovers. I'd love to see them get their rivalry on when that raid comes out.

3) Hive mind, controls so many people and possibly players, air element...this fight is gonna be nasty throughout the entire raid when it occurs.
    Xenohart
    http://www.fractureguild.enjin.com/ | twitch.tv/xenohartgaming
    4/4 TDQ | 4/4 FT | 5/5 EE | 4/4 GA | 3/3 IG | 4/5 PB | 2/4 BOB 4/4 minis
    I just make it look easy sometimes. ~Daglar

RIFT Community Ambassador Talila's Avatar

Crucia is one of my favorites, can't really blame her for wanting to control so many delicious minions.
    So much she can get done in a day, if only I had those abilities irl xD
    There has been some occasions of the storm legion and the endless cult working together as well, so it will be very interesting to see what happens next
    I went off to FFXIV. Here's my blog.

I'm always curious why most Storm Legion commanders wearing magneto like helmet.Does any of you know the reason? As I know Crucia can manipulate others mind like Xavier maybe the commanders are wearing this stuff to decrease/prevent Crucia's manipulation meanwhile they can still serve her.
    RemoveBuff a simple addon for replacing cancelbuff command.
    Addons updated for 4.3: RiftMeter, BiSCaL, RiftActionBarCooldowns, GCDDisplay
    Gadgets 0.11, updated for 4.3
    Softcap values for current prime (Level 60), Why trion bankrupted in nutshell
    a.k.a Aileenbor <Special Olympics> @ Icewatch

RIFT Community Ambassador Talila's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by aileen View Post
    I'm always curious why most Storm Legion commanders wearing magneto like helmet.Does any of you know the reason? As I know Crucia can manipulate others mind like Xavier maybe the commanders are wearing this stuff to decrease/prevent Crucia's manipulation meanwhile they can still serve her.
    That could very well be the case, at least I'm fairly certain they'd be doing anything they could to resist her powers. Given that they might be walking around on top of her prison, I could imagine it would be prioritised.
    I went off to FFXIV. Here's my blog.

I assumed that Crucia's control is like Reaper indoctrination in Mass Effect, save for the visions etc (which is more Akylios' domain) and 'dark tendrils' (which is more Regulos' domain).

So I wouldn't be surprised at Legion leaders and agents wearing protective gear/enchantments, if only to be able to remain a 'capable servant'. Her true power would likely shatter those protections though, and only strongly willed Ascended (like us! lol) and maybe a few mortals (like those who beat her in the first place!) could even resist it.

All of the dragons place a brainwashing effect on their cultists though - its just that Crucia prefers to empty your mind (become a drone or at least someone completely fine with becoming a drone), instead of fill it with some sort of 'passion'.

Sword of Telara

Remember the Overmind, before it was retconned into an abused stepchild? That galactic terror, the bane of all life?

That, but with less mucus.

If you go to the level 50 cave east of Chancel of Labors in IPP, there's a portal device.
    If you click on it twice it'll turn blue. You then go into the portal and you end up in a hidden area in the Chancel of Labors.

In that area there is a little stand with a book on it. It is Chekharoth's Journal.
    It reads.

"From the beginning there has been a flaw in the prison, a crack that the divine Crucia could protect her mind through. Incorporeal and free, she can stormtouch lesser minds and take control of their mind, and leave them with remnants of her thoughts and strategy, her power. Such a being could have conquered empires, but it has never come to pass in our history. Why is that?

She does not want to be freed. It is the only reason. Alone in her prison she is protected from the interference of mortals and meddling divinities. This is the secret to the Icewatch. They are not her jailors, they are her unknowing protectors.

She is a consummate strategist; ruthless, divinely intelligent, and immortally patient. Unlike the rest of the dragons she is not ruled by her base hunger, she needs no sacrifice, no treasure, she has no agenda but complete dominance of creation.

My eyes have been opened. I see all history with her guidance as part of it. The destruction of the Eth, the rise of Mathosia, the war that brought the rifts, even the coming of the Ascended. Her plan.

I sense the end game. There will be conflict between the dragons, between the Ascended, the planes will converge. And from the ashes she will rise and rule eternally. I will do my part."

I don't know who Chekharoth is, I don't believe he's actually in the game, but this book implies that everything up till now has been masterminded by Crucia.
    The Ascended showing up (don't know how the Defiant Ascended factor into this since they are from the future, unless she planned in that timeline knowing they'd go back in time to another timeline for her to complete her plan in the past) All the wars on Telera, apparently have been her doing.
    Which seems to imply she's a greater force than Regulos, if this book is true.

Quote Originally Posted by hardy83 View Post
    If you go to the level 50 cave east of Chancel of Labors in IPP, there's a portal device.
    If you click on it twice it'll turn blue. You then go into the portal and you end up in a hidden area in the Chancel of Labors.

In that area there is a little stand with a book on it. It is Chekharoth's Journal.
    It reads.

"From the beginning there has been a flaw in the prison, a crack that the divine Crucia could protect her mind through. Incorporeal and free, she can stormtouch lesser minds and take control of their mind, and leave them with remnants of her thoughts and strategy, her power. Such a being could have conquered empires, but it has never come to pass in our history. Why is that?

She does not want to be freed. It is the only reason. Alone in her prison she is protected from the interference of mortals and meddling divinities. This is the secret to the Icewatch. They are not her jailors, they are her unknowing protectors.

She is a consummate strategist; ruthless, divinely intelligent, and immortally patient. Unlike the rest of the dragons she is not ruled by her base hunger, she needs no sacrifice, no treasure, she has no agenda but complete dominance of creation.

My eyes have been opened. I see all history with her guidance as part of it. The destruction of the Eth, the rise of Mathosia, the war that brought the rifts, even the coming of the Ascended. Her plan.

I sense the end game. There will be conflict between the dragons, between the Ascended, the planes will converge. And from the ashes she will rise and rule eternally. I will do my part."

I don't know who Chekharoth is, I don't believe he's actually in the game, but this book implies that everything up till now has been masterminded by Crucia.
    The Ascended showing up (don't know how the Defiant Ascended factor into this since they are from the future, unless she planned in that timeline knowing they'd go back in time to another timeline for her to complete her plan in the past) All the wars on Telera, apparently have been her doing.
    Which seems to imply she's a greater force than Regulos, if this book is true.
    It's the Lv 50 questline to finish off Iron Pine Peak, actually. Visiting that cave is part of it (and rep dailies, as well).

I don't really think she's a 'greater force' exactly - every cultist likely regards their dragon god as above all the others. What I DO think is that due to her manipulations (NOT always successful imo), the dragons and cults and even entire civilizations have turned against each other over time, which makes her a force to be reckoned with.

And I do think that the Defiants are a chaotic force interrupting with her plans. I tend to see it as this:

Guardians = take care of the problems of most of Telara, and safeguard it for the future. Weakeness is that they are too predictable, and therefore the stronger dragons (Regulos, maybe Crucia) would clearly overwhelm them if the Defiants didn't exist. The Guardians are however still very needed, as they cherish Telara as *valuable just as it is*, instead of wish to transform it into something else (like many Defiant wish to).

Defiant = take care of fixing the situation in order for the dragons to not have some surprise attack on Telara. Even though the Eye of Regulos in Stillmoor can be done by both factions, imo it is more Defiant canon. They also head into locations not just for the purpose of retaking the land, but to *gain more power* in order to overcome the dragons (even Ember Isle can be argued for this). They will likely be the ones to put a wrench in Regulos and Crucia's plans, while the Guardians take canon actions to protect the existance of Telara itself.
    Look at the purposes of the Unseen vs. the Sanctuary Guard, and you'll see what each faction is 'ment' to do.

Crucia will still go down, almost 100% likely in a raid. lol

+ Reply to Thread