+ Reply to Thread

Thread: The first Prophet of Travil

Plane Walker

Default The first Prophet of Travil

I am wondering if anyone knows who this first prophet of Travil is that is a statue in the Mirror of Ages.

I took a screenshot of this

http://imagesofrift.files.wordpress....of-travil1.jpg

they carry a sword and seem more to be male than female, I thought of Thedeor when I saw it:)

Rift Disciple

I've looked, and looked, and looked, and looked ever since I started playing, and I can't find a name or a story behind the statue. It seems to be a big part of Elven culture that is short of any details.

Right now, ICly, my character plays it off as the place and the story is so old that the truth has been lost to time. She tells her own story of it, which could just be an old legend passed down with no truth in it at all.

If you find out any details, please share!

Leaves on the Wind, RP-Heavy Guardian Guild on Faeblight
    Do you Merisioux? Rift's newest RP Addon!

Plane Walker

There are a bunch of artifacts related to it and I remember vaguely the quest giver who sends you there briefly saying something about him but it is somewhat vague lore wise. It would be nice to learn more.

Plane Walker

Cerys Amare, in Argent Glade was the first I think to tell of this prophet in the Mirror of Ages.

"A scared place for the High Elves. Deep within the grove lies a pool of pure water, from which rises an ancient petrified statue of the first prophet of Tavril."

yesterday when playing, my character came across the Realm of the Fae, which she jumped into. The first quest was the Land of the Seasons

http://rift.zam.com/en/quest/1434226...and-of-Seasons

and she saw the Shrine of Thontic, which was of a hooded man? carrying a sword. She was not strong enough to travel through this realm and does not know enough ones as yet to form a group. So she wonders, what do the other shrines look like, and are they similar to this statue of the first prophet in the Mirror of Ages, and do they change when you see them with omen sight.

and the Land of the Seasons quest seems to hold many mysteries like why would the freedom of the faeries cause destruction, and what seasons are with each shrine.

"The Godless faeries seek to make their own realm beyond the sight of the gods or dragons. Their freedom is our destruction. Find the ancient shrines of the Gods that the High Elves erected in an earlier age."

and this part in the description of the quest,

This realm is not another dimension, but a part of the land of Telara that has drifted away from the harmony of the Vigil. The godless faeries seek to make their own realm beyond the sight of the gods and dragons. Their freedom is our destruction.

Find the ancient shrines of the gods that the High Elves erected in an earlier age. As the gods have joined together to form the power of the Vigil, so should your blessing energize the ancient shrines and bring the Realm of the Fae back into harmony.

is this still lore? the part that says the Realm of the Fae is not another dimension...

Rift Disciple

The way the lore reads, Twyl has sorta stolen a bit of Telara and made it his own. It's not another dimension as far as you step through a blue telephone booth and go to another time and place, but instead it's actually a bit of Telara that has been stolen and housed within faerie magic.

"...Most never find their way out, but the truly unfortunate wander through the labyrinth and into a stolen world of madness and torment.

The faeries have ripped away a piece of Telara, bending it to their will in every aspect, from its physics to its weather. This kidnapped land is the Fae Lord Twyl’s playground and stronghold, and he calls it the Realm of the Fae."

Something else interesting about Faeries, that Joseph the Mystic says after you complete "Meditations on Life" for the Life Epic Quest,

"The faerie were once the pinnacle of all races, and ruled over our world and many others. But time moved on and they didn't."

I wonder at what point faerie's ruled Telara? The Druid in Sanctum says faeries come in two groups, those corrupted by Greenscale (Twyl and his RoTF minions, and some from the Plane of Life) and then those uncorrupted (Druid summonings). That could be why the faeries' freedom would be such a bad thing, they are corrupted and powerful.

The statues in RoTF don't change with Omen sight, or they didn't when I ran through there with it on. Each statue is the same as the Vigil altars you find periodically in sanctum (Owl for Mariel-Taun, Trunk/Glowy orb for Tavril, Sword for Thedeor, flat table for Bahralt)

Realm of the Fae is one of my favorite zones, and I run in-character groups through it all the time. I have to push aside my own having completed it, but it's always a fantastic bit of story to elaborate on.

Leaves on the Wind, RP-Heavy Guardian Guild on Faeblight
    Do you Merisioux? Rift's newest RP Addon!

Plane Walker

"(Owl for Mariel-Taun, Trunk/Glowy orb for Tavril, Sword for Thedeor, flat table for Bahralt)"

The statue in the Mirror of Ages might be of Thontic then? I have seen the symbols of Mariel-Taun and Tavril within the bottom of this statue so I am going to go back and see of the others.

I do look forward to travelling in this Land of the Fae, my character has finally made it to Sanctum, and speaks/listens to everyone there now.

and Myuriel, do you know any lore of the New Covenant made?

Plane Walker

The Realm of the Fae was the first instance I did in Rift and it blew me away like no other instance Ive ever done. Its amaziing in its atmosphere.

Im curious what exactly the High Elves were like before they came to serve Travil. Im pretty sure I read that she created them in the first place just as Bahvalt created the Dwarves.

"The faerie were once the pinnacle of all races, and ruled over our world and many others. But time moved on and they didn't."

This line is very interesting and one I cant even remember seeing. It suggests that the Fae played a much larger role in our world (we knew the planes had a much larger presence in the past). It also suggests other worlds are connected to the same locations as Telara meaning that the planes link to potentially all other worlds. I find this particularly interesting after our recent lore infusion on the Ogre.

Plane Walker

[B"]Im pretty sure I read that she created them in the first place just as Bahvalt created the Dwarves."[/B]

I believe this too Lutinz, that the elfs were created from Travil, and were created before Travil joined with the Vigil, and if Travil is the land, then created from the land?

The faerie seem to be of air, especially the ones with wings.

Plane Walker

one thing I don't remember in playing a defiant mage and am curious of now, if she were to go into the Realm of the Fae on the Defiant side would she see what a Guardian would see? I tried to go into this just now, but the server was going down.
    Last edited by Mythue; 04-04-2012 at 06:52 AM.

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Mythue View Post
    one thing I don't remember in playing a defiant mage and am curious of now, if she were to go into the Realm of the Fae on the Defiant side would she see what a Guardian would see? I tried to go into this just now, but the server was going down.
    You would probably see the normal instance stuff. I dont know how much of Hylas you would see at the end and the stuff connected to the Guardian life quests wont spawn without someone with the quest. All the zones and atmosphere of the place you'd see though I was pretty awesome.

+ Reply to Thread