+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Meharial

Thread: Does the Elemental Planes only exist as a connection to Telara or other worlds?

Default Does the Elemental Planes only exist as a connection to Telara or other worlds?

The dragon and their elemental planes continue to try to attack Telara. They do this as if they were bound to Telara alone.

Have the planes invaded other worlds as well other than Telara?

Why do they want Telara so badly?

Lets Go Rift. Hope Archeage can do something next. Lets Save Rift

Rift Disciple

I believe Telara is the richest yummiest concentration of sourcestone they have come across.

From the History lore page:

"All was peace and plenty. Telara long lay like a field, the worst strife no more than a wind whipping the tall grass. Yet this field was far too fertile to go unclaimed for long. So rich with sourcestone, so set between the planes, so young, Telara was nearly consumed."

And:

"The Blood Storm roamed the cosmos, cracking worlds for their sourcestone like marrow from living bones. Their trail of annihilation led them to Telara, and in the forms of vast dragons, the Blood Storm fell upon our world in a frenzy of greed."

Leaves on the Wind, RP-Heavy Guardian Guild on Faeblight
    Do you Merisioux? Rift's newest RP Addon!

Plane Walker

Mealforge's PoV suggests that not only had they consumed many worlds prior to Telara but killed the gods of those worlds as well. Infact one of the things that excited Mealforge about Telara was it was said that Thedeor was particularly strong. He was expecting one hell of a fight.

As for the planes and their relation to other worlds, I dont think we are sure yet. It really depends on what the other planes are actually like. Are they a singular world or perhaps an alternate parrallel universe with there own unique worlds. Hell it could be something completely different.

I think its also worth adding that there is lore suggesting that the Planes havent always been ruled by the Dragons. We really have no idea where the Gods or the Bloodstorm originally came from.

The way that it seems is that Telara is the only world that touches ALL the planes. Presumably, other worlds do touch them, but only a few <For ex. I could see a world that only touched the planes of water and air looking a lot like IPP>. The Vigil just got lucky and found the one spot to make their world that touches them all....probably increasing their power. Who knows, it may turn out that the Vigil aren't "native" to Telara at all, but are survivors of the multitude of pantheons of other worlds the Bloodstorm have already ravaged.

Quote Originally Posted by GothWulfe View Post
    The way that it seems is that Telara is the only world that touches ALL the planes. Presumably, other worlds do touch them, but only a few <For ex. I could see a world that only touched the planes of water and air looking a lot like IPP>. The Vigil just got lucky and found the one spot to make their world that touches them all....probably increasing their power. Who knows, it may turn out that the Vigil aren't "native" to Telara at all, but are survivors of the multitude of pantheons of other worlds the Bloodstorm have already ravaged.
    That's actually quite possible, imo. Rift always has this theme of 'refugees from fallen lands, seeking refuge and strength to recover', and to have the creators of Telara itself follow this theme is VERY interesting. I mean, we can generally assume what kind of world Tavril came from ;). It would also explain their (relatively) light in-fighting between their followers, and why the gods would have allowed it. They may have simply been on 'truce' while creating the world, and then after and during the Blood Storm Wars, they fully realized how much they need to act as one divine unit.

I really do like the idea of heading to other non-destroyed/half-destroyed worlds, with their own races, societies, geography (like how different Outlands is to Telara), and gods. Yet always with the common theme of rifts and the planes, and with Telara itself at the center of the larger conflict.

Plane Walker

I find it really interesting in relation to this that we can assume from Leathys's story that several of the races in the Bloodstorm armies are from destroyed worlds rather than being native to the planes. The Kobalds, the Goblins and those death plane dog guys could all be examples just like the ogres.

Its also interesting to the extent that there may be alot more groups out there with an interest in Telara than just the Bloodstorm. Telara is a Jewel and its not beyond possiblity that races or gods from these other worlds may have an interest in Telara now. Perhaps the Bloodstorm isnt the only thing the Ward was keeping out.

I find it really interesting in relation to this that we can assume from Leathys's story that several of the races in the Bloodstorm armies are from destroyed worlds rather than being native to the planes. The Kobalds, the Goblins and those death plane dog guys could all be examples just like the ogres.

Its also interesting to the extent that there may be alot more groups out there with an interest in Telara than just the Bloodstorm. Telara is a Jewel and its not beyond possiblity that races or gods from these other worlds may have an interest in Telara now. Perhaps the Bloodstorm isnt the only thing the Ward was keeping out.

We are told through books that Kobolds were made from Maelforge's teeth. Also that Goblins were originally flame spirit/creature type beings from the plane of fire, who took fleshy form once 'trapped' on Telara by the ward.

Quote Originally Posted by View Post
    You obviously know nothing about Laethys, have you tried him?
    I don't log in anymore.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by tro44 View Post
    The dragon and their elemental planes continue to try to attack Telara. They do this as if they were bound to Telara alone.

Have the planes invaded other worlds as well other than Telara?

Why do they want Telara so badly?
    Well, they are bound to Telara - five of the six Blood Storm gods are/were stuck somewhere on the planet. In fact, we know the location of all five now: Greenscale in Stillmoor, Akylios in Hammerknell, Crucia in Iron Pine, and Laethys moved from Shimmersand(?) to join Maelforge on Ember Isle.

Even those that died left a lot of their power this side of the Ward, hence the dragon mote event.

As noted, Telara is far from the first place the dragons sought to consume. The difference is that here Crucia attempted to turn the rest of the dragons against Regulos, and the entire group turned against each other and, divided, fell.

Quote Originally Posted by Maeloda View Post
    That's actually quite possible, imo. Rift always has this theme of 'refugees from fallen lands, seeking refuge and strength to recover', and to have the creators of Telara itself follow this theme is VERY interesting. I mean, we can generally assume what kind of world Tavril came from ;). It would also explain their (relatively) light in-fighting between their followers, and why the gods would have allowed it. They may have simply been on 'truce' while creating the world, and then after and during the Blood Storm Wars, they fully realized how much they need to act as one divine unit.

I really do like the idea of heading to other non-destroyed/half-destroyed worlds, with their own races, societies, geography (like how different Outlands is to Telara), and gods. Yet always with the common theme of rifts and the planes, and with Telara itself at the center of the larger conflict.
    The Vigil being a collective of surviving gods would also explain their reluctance to face the Bloodstorm head on and their penchant for circumvention. They've seen what lays down that road, barely escaped with their lives, it didn't work then so there is no reason to expect it to work now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Foxcalibur View Post
    Verily, Maelforge did say, "Suffer all the bros to come at me!"

Yeah, that piece is canon.

+ Reply to Thread