+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Maelforge PoV and ancient Eth

Default Maelforge PoV and ancient Eth

With the new PoV from Maelforge I've been thinking about how the dragons could be subdued by mere mortals when they've taken down other worlds' gods. I've also had a fascination with the Convocation of the Ancient Eth Empire.

What I'm thinking is that while maybe the Convocation failed to allow apotheosis but maybe its the event that weakened the Blood Storm. Maybe the Blood Storm was closing in on Eth and in their desperation they did the Convocation and none were spared from the devastation, not even the Blood Storm.
    ima mage, trust me

It's an interesting possibility. They were, after all, dealing with MASSIVE amounts of power...something you would need if you are going to ascend your entire population into godhood...and if something goes wrong then I would say that the chances for a giant backlash are quite possible.

The other possibility is that being at the nexus of all the planes simply gives the people of Telara a greater "pool" of power to draw from, as opposed to other worlds, who presumably only touch a few...and by extension, making the Gods of those worlds possibly less powerful then the Vigil....or the mortals that live on Telara.

There are, of course, numerous other possibilities that I won't go into just now as well. ;)

I'm just trying to figure out how the Blood Storm came to be weakened. I'm just thinking that we're taking on the ArchFoes of Rift relatively early on in its life. What could be so powerful as to weaken them and then are we gonna get our hands on it or see whatever that is return in someway. That's why I think maybe the Convocation has something to do with it. Though it wouldn't explain why the dragons didn't return to their supposed unfathomable power over the epochs.
    ima mage, trust me

Plane Walker

Timeline doesnt work out. The Dragons were imprisoned prior to the rise of the Eth Empire. The convication is what ended the Eth Empire.

From what we get in the Droughtlands the Convication was actually an attempt by the Eth kings to turn at least themselves into 'gods' which I translate sort of as a super ascended.

It actually looks as if Telara may have been a trap for the Bloodstorm in the first place. Telara is rather unique in relation to its interaction with the planes. Also its incredibly rich in pure sourcestone. This would have made it highly desirable.

The other thing to take into account is the Vigil gods didnt actually face the Bloodstorm directly. This seems to suggest the Vigil had a plan when the Bloodstorm got here.

Why the Bloodstorm was so open to attack on Telara is hard to guess at this point. I very strongly suspect we will find out at some point though.

that's a good point about the vigil possibly having a plan.

im just trying to figure out, with 2 more of the 6 about to go down, how the blood storm became so weak. the convocation seemed the only thing of sufficient power to do that
    ima mage, trust me

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Selein View Post

im just trying to figure out, with 2 more of the 6 about to go down, how the blood storm became so weak. the convocation seemed the only thing of sufficient power to do that
    Its hard to say. It could be telara itself. Do remember that telara lies at a nexus between the planes. Its unique apparently in its richness of sourcestone and place in relation to the planes.

Most of the dragon prisons harness the power of a competing plan to seal the Dragon away. Perhaps the abundance of opposite planar energy was the cause. One crazy theory is that Telara itself was made as a trap for the Bloodstorm. The Bloodstorm would have certainly been making a name for itself at that point and the rich Telara would be one hell of a bait.

I mean if you think about it Telara defeating the Bloodstorm is probably the first time in Eons that 1000 years has passed and no worlds have been consumed.

Quote Originally Posted by Selein View Post

Already discussed. http://forums.riftgame.com/lore-tela...cestone-2.html

Long story short regarding Eth tech though. The lore is equally clear that the tech of the Eth Empire was simply the peaceful application of the war time tech they achieved during the first Bloodstorm. It is also equally clear that the Defiant are still trying to reach the same technological heights because the failure of the convocation lead to a dark age (technologically speaking) so it is more than possible that the Eth tech of the first invasion was simply that much more kick butt.
    Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorius triumphs, even though checkered by failure... than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat.

Quote Originally Posted by Galibier View Post
    Already discussed. http://forums.riftgame.com/lore-tela...cestone-2.html

Long story short regarding Eth tech though. The lore is equally clear that the tech of the Eth Empire was simply the peaceful application of the war time tech they achieved during the first Bloodstorm. It is also equally clear that the Defiant are still trying to reach the same technological heights because the failure of the convocation lead to a dark age (technologically speaking) so it is more than possible that the Eth tech of the first invasion was simply that much more kick butt.
    Agreed with this. All the Defiants are trying to do, is reach the level that the Eth Empire had, and surpass it. It's currently only a fraction as powerful.

However, with the addition of Kelari (and I suppose Bahmi) personalities in the mix, there will probably be some deviations from this tech line. "Planar Attunement" is one of the first.

+ Reply to Thread