+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Looking into Rift's Future. (speculation)

Default Looking into Rift's Future. (speculation)

<This is a basic idea to develop> {{{ I wont be surprised one bit if, in future expansions, that Rift takes us to the source of the invading planes, the age old "take the fight to them" thing, to defeat them on their own turf and attempt to stop them from "rifting" in. However to do that, with ONLY 2 factions working constantly against each other, battle for control of each plane would be interesting to see develop. Control of a plane, for example, the plane Fire would give ALL Defiants or Guardians a bonus to fire resists. Afterwords, all players of the defeating faction (Defiants) can complete a quest line will grant the player an item for a bigger bonus as long at their faction (Defiants) is in control of that plane. If the opposing faction (Guardians) manages to take control of the plane of fire after the item disappears (or becomes inactive) and the battle to regain control again starts a series of raids including a PVP(Guild vs Guild) fight that also has to defeat the plane's leftover army that was hiding after the initial raid to take control of the plane. If no Guild disputes control then control is given. }}}
    I would love to develop this idea further but i dont work for free anymore.
    "Just tune in, turn off, drop out, drop in, switch off, switch on, and explode." TrollBait goes here.
    Dahbee's Law: No matter what gets discussed, voted on, or put into the game, someone will whine.
    Dahbee's Law #2: A good gnome is a dead gnome.

Quote Originally Posted by Dahbee View Post
    <This is a basic idea to develop> {{{ I wont be surprised one bit if, in future expansions, that Rift takes us to the source of the invading planes, the age old "take the fight to them" thing, to defeat them on their own turf and attempt to stop them from "rifting" in. However to do that, with ONLY 2 factions working constantly against each other, battle for control of each plane would be interesting to see develop. Control of a plane, for example, the plane Fire would give ALL Defiants or Guardians a bonus to fire resists. Afterwords, all players of the defeating faction (Defiants) can complete a quest line will grant the player an item for a bigger bonus as long at their faction (Defiants) is in control of that plane. If the opposing faction (Guardians) manages to take control of the plane of fire after the item disappears (or becomes inactive) and the battle to regain control again starts a series of raids including a PVP(Guild vs Guild) fight that also has to defeat the plane's leftover army that was hiding after the initial raid to take control of the plane. If no Guild disputes control then control is given. }}}
    I would love to develop this idea further but i dont work for free anymore.
    That's a great idea, however I think that the "controlling" faction should have to deal with the denizens of the plane trying to take over every so often as well as the opposing faction. Likely they'd put some sort of shifting vulnerability window on the process, so that very little "wee hours of the morning takeovers" happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkfae View Post
    That's a great idea, however I think that the "controlling" faction should have to deal with the denizens of the plane trying to take over every so often as well as the opposing faction. Likely they'd put some sort of shifting vulnerability window on the process, so that very little "wee hours of the morning takeovers" happen.
    (Bold)there that, but then there is the PVP of the game. When the guardians and defiants fight the denizens see that as an opportunity to and jump on the secret attack and do some backstabbing themselves, its part of war, see 2 enemies fighting and thus becomes the enemy of my enemy is my friend, thereofore the weakest enemy is the focus of the extra attack force. Thats not to say the weaker force cant call in reinforcements to change the tide of battle, however the denizens can change sides or even strike at both at the same time. There is so many variants to this scenario.
    As for the wee hours attacks, there is an old saying....C'est la vie. (damn thats evil!)
    Last edited by Dahbee; 01-22-2011 at 10:39 AM.
    "Just tune in, turn off, drop out, drop in, switch off, switch on, and explode." TrollBait goes here.
    Dahbee's Law: No matter what gets discussed, voted on, or put into the game, someone will whine.
    Dahbee's Law #2: A good gnome is a dead gnome.

I've just noticed that PvP vulnerabilities for places that the warring factions can take and hold are more and more prevalent in the current generations of MMOs, and it's a mechanic that a lot of people (i.e. less most of the hardcore PvPers) really have taken to. It wouldn't surprise me if we see such here too.

+ Reply to Thread