+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Anything in the lore that explains why Defiants are blue?

Default Anything in the lore that explains why Defiants are blue?

Is it something in their diet?

Rift Master

Mine seems to be purple...

Although I did select a pretty pale white colour a year ago. I've only ever seen my char being white around two times. It seems I'm perma-purple!
    A remnant of special olympics world first hammerknell - 27th July 2011 - Best raid ever to be opened. I was a mighty warrior tank. Had many friends and was appreciated in the community.

Looking back at RIFT is bittersweet. Ah damn.

mines nice natural orangey pink
    s

RIFT Community Ambassador Maelystra's Avatar

My 3 defiants are the same colour as my Guardians...what you talking about?
    Well the bahmi leans a bit to the purple side...

Hehe...assuming that you are talking about the faction color and not character color, they aren't....they are red

Soulwalker

considering you mentioning their diet, i presume you're talking of the Bahmi and the Kelari,

In Lore, The Bahmi are the descendants of a love between the Eth and the shalastir<a race of semi-elementals if i understood correctly> while they mostly resemble their eth forefathers the bahmi <named after warlord bahmi> retained a few of their shalastir rituals and traditions, i can imagine due to their planar air forefathers their skin still has a large attunement to the plane of air and thus shows their skin to be raning in any form of colour the element air is depicted.

As to the Kelari,
    The Kelari are a group of high elves who seperated themselves from the followers of the vigil due to their affinaty with spirits, which was forbidden within the ranks of the vigil's followers, once arrived on ember isle the "Kelari" found the isle to be stuffed with spirits and quickly bonded with them, as their friendship lasted many years before they had to leave the isle i can imagine the Kelari to be exposed to extreme levels of planar influence, changing their appearence, the Pikari are a fine example of the high adaptability of the elven body, as the Kelari were easily transformed, but the farclan dispite their slightly distant approach to the isles elements were not affected in any form.

<this is all on a afaik basis, any critique is welcome>

Rift Disciple

..but the farclan dispite their slightly distant approach to the isles elements were not affected in any form.
    It affected their fashion sense. Have you seen those hats?!

(In all seriousness, a great summary. Thank you!)

Leaves on the Wind, RP-Heavy Guardian Guild on Faeblight
    Do you Merisioux? Rift's newest RP Addon!

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Torvas View Post
    considering you mentioning their diet, i presume you're talking of the Bahmi and the Kelari,

In Lore, The Bahmi are the descendants of a love between the Eth and the shalastir<a race of semi-elementals if i understood correctly> while they mostly resemble their eth forefathers the bahmi <named after warlord bahmi> retained a few of their shalastir rituals and traditions, i can imagine due to their planar air forefathers their skin still has a large attunement to the plane of air and thus shows their skin to be raning in any form of colour the element air is depicted.

As to the Kelari,
    The Kelari are a group of high elves who seperated themselves from the followers of the vigil due to their affinaty with spirits, which was forbidden within the ranks of the vigil's followers, once arrived on ember isle the "Kelari" found the isle to be stuffed with spirits and quickly bonded with them, as their friendship lasted many years before they had to leave the isle i can imagine the Kelari to be exposed to extreme levels of planar influence, changing their appearence, the Pikari are a fine example of the high adaptability of the elven body, as the Kelari were easily transformed, but the farclan dispite their slightly distant approach to the isles elements were not affected in any form.

<this is all on a afaik basis, any critique is welcome>
    The only part that's "wrong" is that the Vigil hadn't been formed yet, the Kelari abandoned their duty to Tavril only as they had no special connection to the other gods. Other than that a good summary.

+ Reply to Thread