+ Reply to Thread

Thread: A Rift Community Chat

Plane Walker

Default A Rift Community Chat

http://replayirc.com/home/past-event...re-chat-july-2

at the very end...

<%captaincursor> The Vigil is something that is greater than mere elemental forces.

This thread has "A Rift Community Chat" title. I expected to find here list of IRC channels where people could gather to discuss RIFT. Instead, I got a link to almost two years old chat transcript and a quote from said transcript.

Sorry, my tele-o-pathic is broken. This thread does not make sense. Did you accidentally half of your post?
    Feminism is the radical notion that women are people.

RIFT Community Ambassador Talila's Avatar

I'm not saying it's aliens.. But it's aliens.
    I went off to FFXIV. Here's my blog.

The answer is obvious. Magnets.
    Abbess, Petals of Mariel-Taun
    Avatar provided kindly by Cakuu! <3

Plane Walker

A better title could have been "Transcript" then

I posted the link here because I think these interesting to read, these talks of the Lore with the writers, and even though it is 2 years old, it seems consistent still with the lore on Rift's main site. I am not sure how many of these are out there, it would be nice to have others or see more of these too.

The little quote at the end I liked because it told something of the Vigil and what I noticed since reading this, in the Book of the First Mages, it is mentioned the elemental forces can be corrupted so perhaps the Vigil cannot be? or wish not to be? -shrugs-

"The answer is obvious. Magnets".

" I'm not saying it's aliens.. But it's aliens."

In this transcript as well, both missdoomcookie and captcursor say they like visual storytelling, this means to me that the art throughout Rift tells of the lore as well.

In creating yet another character, in the Guardian starting zone, in the Sanctuary of Re-birth, there is a pad of five points, and orbs? the spirits of the Vigil, hover over these, and above this, chained to this pad, are twin figure heads, beast-like? that extend up, into a large blue like crystal.

I wonder of the meaning behind this
    Last edited by Mythue; 03-25-2012 at 04:39 AM.

+ Reply to Thread