+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Little Lore

Default Little Lore

I find the current Wiki's I know for Rift Lacking in the area of little lore. Is there a decent source online for the small stuff? Like stories from Rift Encounters. Stories from once or twice off quests. Info about various little nooks and crannies. Yea, the over arching big stuff is fun, but I kind of want to know little details about who that NPC is here and there, and what's going on in this Mob Area.

Plane Walker

Honestly I havent found one. Ive peiced together alot of the stuff ingame but unfortunately there isnt many good online references for alot of the fine detail for lore in Rift at least that Ive found. This forum has been useful though if there is a particular thing Im interested in. People often pick up things you miss in a playthough.

Plane Walker

and why not post what you might be interested in learning more of here in these forums, to see if others might know or who might have come across these things as well:)

RIFT Community Ambassador Talila's Avatar

The main source of Lore is the website here itself - riftgame.com - you can read about the races etc, and there are some smaller stories available too.
    Everything beyond that really relies on your ability to read and interpret quest texts and such. Rift's lore is very open to interpretations in some areas, so it's also worth to ask about on forums or in-game what people commonly think of a certain thing. I'd refrain from taking the quest texts as a word of law though, as there are several examples of the quests being used to actually help the player through the world, not so much tell a story.
    I went off to FFXIV. Here's my blog.

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Talila View Post
    The main source of Lore is the website here itself - riftgame.com - you can read about the races etc, and there are some smaller stories available too.
    Everything beyond that really relies on your ability to read and interpret quest texts and such. Rift's lore is very open to interpretations in some areas, so it's also worth to ask about on forums or in-game what people commonly think of a certain thing. I'd refrain from taking the quest texts as a word of law though, as there are several examples of the quests being used to actually help the player through the world, not so much tell a story.
    In my case I dont take quest text asa word of law because its colored by the bias of the quest giver and their experiances. One thing I really have liked about rift is often you need to dig deeper to get the whole truth of a thing. Telara is full of unknowns and mysteries and it adds a great aspect to playing the game and puzzling things out.

+ Reply to Thread