+ Reply to Thread

Thread: New Parade leaders (Phase 3 CotA)

Plane Walker

Default New Parade leaders (Phase 3 CotA)

Today I logged on to see the sights of the new Carnival Phase and notice we know have new guys leading the Dragon Parades. I saw their models in the Beyond the Ward video but I didnt expect to see them in game so soon.

From a lore perspective, the Defiant one is pretty easy to figure out. Big Magitech powered armor. VERY COOL. =D

The Guardian one interests me more though. Who or what are they? I dont think they are ascended. They remind me of War out of darkstriders. Perhaps some type of divine guardian? Soldier type version of the Messangers of the Vigil maybe?

RIFT Community Ambassador Talila's Avatar

When I saw the guardian ones, well first I was a bit spooked cause they sure are big.

But really it wouldn't surprise me if it turns out that they are some kind of cultists in disguise.. I mean the glowing eyes kind of.. Well I don't know. I suppose they just seem like they could be the work of a dragon.
    And we all know they aren't the best at hiding..

*scratches head*

How that would make sense with the defiant magitech though, no clue.
    I went off to FFXIV. Here's my blog.

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Talila View Post
    When I saw the guardian ones, well first I was a bit spooked cause they sure are big.

But really it wouldn't surprise me if it turns out that they are some kind of cultists in disguise.. I mean the glowing eyes kind of.. Well I don't know. I suppose they just seem like they could be the work of a dragon.
    And we all know they aren't the best at hiding..

*scratches head*

How that would make sense with the defiant magitech though, no clue.
    Hmm... I dont think they are cultists or anything like that. They stick out a bit too much. I mean really, you'd think the Sanctum Guards might notice the spinning glowing stones around the guys head if the 12 feet of height and the glowing eyes didnt make him stick out.

Im getting the feeling they are some kind of colossus which is why I having a feeling they might be a male variation on the Messangers. Their is one on the beyond the ward video too though I didnt notice it was fighting Defiants till I looked at it agian recently.

im willing to bet this is one of the reasons why defiants are more popular

+ Reply to Thread