+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 21

Thread: Infernal Dawn

  1. #1
    Telaran chant's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    59

    Default Infernal Dawn

    So the golden maw and wanton cults have teamed up- Maelforge promises to help reforge Laethys if he is helped to escape.
    So will we fight both dragons in the new raid 'Infernal Dawn'?

    If this is true it'll be interesting to see how this plays out

    Someone who was also wondering this had me look at this image to see if I could make out the names of the bosses. A bit difficult to see so maybe one of you can take a crack at it http://i44.tinypic.com/2vtaxkw.png

  2. #2
    Plane Walker Rizz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Stockholm, Sweden
    Posts
    437

    Default

    http://i39.tinypic.com/ra85u8.png is a bit clearer imo, there's a thread up on it here
    Rathi@Gelidra <Invictus>
    IRotP: Conqueror | NM TD: 4/4

  3. #3
    RIFT Community Ambassador Morvick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Behind you.
    Posts
    3,294

    Default

    Maelforge and Laethys are attempting to make babies (lawl), and in the Raid itself you kill Laethys first and, when Maelforge sees her die, the red dragon flies into a rage. Breaking his bonds, he becomes your next challenge to kill.

    So after ID, we'll have only Crucia and Regulos to kill. Arguably the two most dangerous dragons of them all (I imagine the Crucia fight to be nothing but crowd-control spells and stuns -- oh how the QQ will fly!).
    Quote Originally Posted by Zinbik View Post
    I also made other enhancements to certain aspects of the game for various reasons.

  4. #4
    Prophet of Telara Kaelani's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    1,137

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by chant View Post
    Someone who was also wondering this had me look at this image to see if I could make out the names of the bosses. A bit difficult to see so maybe one of you can take a crack at it http://i44.tinypic.com/2vtaxkw.png
    The questline for Infernal Dawn is shown as:

    Drowning In Flames
    * Defeat Warboss Drak
    * Defeat Maklamos The Scryer
    * Defeat Rusilia Dreadblade
    * Defeat Ituziel
    * Defeat The Ember Conclave
    * Defeat Laethys
    * Destroy Maelforge's Eggs
    * Defeat Maelforge
    Last edited by Kaelani; 03-09-2012 at 10:26 AM.

  5. #5
    Plane Walker
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    479

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kaelani View Post
    The questline for Infernal Dawn is shown as:

    Drowning In Flames
    * Defeat Warboss Drak
    * Defeat Maklamos The Scryer
    * Defeat Rusilia Dreadblade
    * Defeat Ituziel
    * Defeat The Ember Conclave
    * Defeat Laethys
    * Destroy Maelforge's Eggs
    * Defeat Maelforge
    If your curious about lore on the bosses this video has some. Just a warning there are some spoilers about the raid and what the cults are up to in it.

    http://www.gamespot.com/rift/videos/...-rift-6365053/

  6. #6
    Plane Walker
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    479

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Morvick View Post
    Maelforge and Laethys are attempting to make babies (lawl), and in the Raid itself you kill Laethys first and, when Maelforge sees her die, the red dragon flies into a rage. Breaking his bonds, he becomes your next challenge to kill.

    So after ID, we'll have only Crucia and Regulos to kill. Arguably the two most dangerous dragons of them all (I imagine the Crucia fight to be nothing but crowd-control spells and stuns -- oh how the QQ will fly!).
    Im really looking forward to Crucia. She strikes me as the most cunning of the dragons.

    It actually occured to me that the new city zone may be linked to her. If you read her story, she subverted an powerful nation at the start of the Bloodstorm War and it was only the Vigil stepping in and freezing her armies in IPP that stopped them sweeping across Telara.

    The thing is we have no idea where they came from. They werent the Mathosians because we know they were still tribes and in conflict with Crucia. They also werent the Eth cause those guys were Nomads in the south. This means there was a nation out there we know nothing about out that sounds like it was somewhat devoloped....

    So where did they come from?

  7. #7
    Ascendant Xenoheart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    2,532

    Default

    I'm actually hoping these new zones have stuff in line with river of souls. I like the raids but it'd be nice to have some that explore other things in telara besides just one raid per dragon type deal. I think it'd be wicked fun to have a raid in that new futuristic city. Imagine what that raid would be like.
    Xenohart
    http://www.fractureguild.enjin.com/ | twitch.tv/xenohartgaming
    4/4 TDQ | 4/4 FT | 5/5 EE | 4/4 GA | 3/3 IG | 4/5 PB | 2/4 BOB 4/4 minis
    I just make it look easy sometimes. ~Daglar

  8. #8
    Plane Walker
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    479

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Xenoheart View Post
    I'm actually hoping these new zones have stuff in line with river of souls. I like the raids but it'd be nice to have some that explore other things in telara besides just one raid per dragon type deal. I think it'd be wicked fun to have a raid in that new futuristic city. Imagine what that raid would be like.
    It could be interesting. I agree it would be nice to take a bit of a break from the dragons but I think that the momentum of the story currently is looking at us finishing off the current Bloodstorm dragons (except maybe Regulos) by the end of this year. Having said that Id expect a Crucia raid to be in IPP so if this new zone has a raid it seems likely that it wouldnt have Crucia in it.

    It would be interesting if it was the city of Crucia's minions though. Crucia always struck me as smart and if she is watching things right now I dont see her risking a direct confrontation with so many of her kin droping.

  9. #9
    Plane Walker Yolen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    496

    Default

    If Maelforge is male and Laethys is female... why are they called Maelforge's eggs?
    Grim Yollidan the Insomniac, Blightweald EU
    WARNING! Treating my posts too seriously is not advised. Reading may cause headaches, anger, disbelief and nausea. If you find yourself in any of these conditions, please consult your psychotherapist... or your mom. Also cry a river and use a steamboat to cross it. You have been warned!

  10. #10
    Rift Master McWaffles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    601

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lutinz View Post
    It could be interesting. I agree it would be nice to take a bit of a break from the dragons but I think that the momentum of the story currently is looking at us finishing off the current Bloodstorm dragons (except maybe Regulos) by the end of this year. Having said that Id expect a Crucia raid to be in IPP so if this new zone has a raid it seems likely that it wouldnt have Crucia in it.

    It would be interesting if it was the city of Crucia's minions though. Crucia always struck me as smart and if she is watching things right now I dont see her risking a direct confrontation with so many of her kin droping.
    Sounds to me like a good introduction for a new race. IDC bout the lore of it, just want a new race/class/souls to play around with.
    Last edited by McWaffles; 03-11-2012 at 04:15 PM.
    "You're just realizing the fault of your species, human beings are the most untrustworthy, backstabbing creatures on this planet. Except for bears."

  11. #11
    Rift Disciple Coxswain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    California
    Posts
    159

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Yolen View Post
    If Maelforge is male and Laethys is female... why are they called Maelforge's eggs?
    duh, he's the baby daddy
    Erymi, Zalfiqar, Veirah, Imyre
    Mage, Rogue, Cleric, Warrior
    Faeblight

  12. #12
    Plane Walker Hijati's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    442

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Yolen View Post
    If Maelforge is male and Laethys is female... why are they called Maelforge's eggs?
    Because Laethys is dead when you reach the eggs so he is the only dragon remaining that has a right to them ...so they are his.
    I hold everyone back!!!
    Hijati-60 Cleric, Hijitity-60 Warrior, Britania-60 Mage, Lizvana-60 Rogue
    Grim Awakening 2/4
    Frozen Tempest- 4/4 Endless Eclipse 5/5

  13. #13
    Plane Walker
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    479

    Default

    It would be curious if Mealforge and Leathys had little baby bloodstorm monsters. I find myself somewhat curious at this point at the relationship between the two. Originally I just assumed that this was a allaince of conviniance. It just worked well for both groups. I cant help but wonder if the two dragons in some twisted way actually 'like' each other.

    We do something to piss Mealforge off enough to make him break free of his bonds. Killling his girlfriend and his children would do the trick.

  14. #14
    Ascendant Galibier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    10,460

    Default

    When I heard baby dragon all I could do is think of the damn cute baby ice dragon in EQ2, that then of course turns into this big world freezing thing it takes 24 raiders to kill.
    Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorius triumphs, even though checkered by failure... than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat.

  15. #15
    Ascendant Galibier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    10,460

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Xenoheart View Post
    I'm actually hoping these new zones have stuff in line with river of souls. I like the raids but it'd be nice to have some that explore other things in telara besides just one raid per dragon type deal. I think it'd be wicked fun to have a raid in that new futuristic city. Imagine what that raid would be like.
    Well they could do something similar surrounding Kain. They could also do cool stuff (imo) if they ever decided to do away with the RvR aspect. I had the following idea. You have a storyline where Cyril goes totally over the top alla the twisted artifacts, non-ascended curfews, ascended only privies etc., basically over the edge alla Kain. You have Orphiel become so obsessed over ascension that he too tips over the edge.

    Zareph is now back in our world, though he does not want to leave the RoS cave. Maybe this is enough to have him come out? His love of Telara and Asha more powerful than his shame at what he has become? We then have not the guardians or the defiant but rather the free telarans and two new raid zones. One full of raging religious fanatics and the other of technological phatasmagoria .
    Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorius triumphs, even though checkered by failure... than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts