+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Port Scion book referances ember isle...and Shi-Ming?

Default Port Scion book referances ember isle...and Shi-Ming?

The Port of Scion (Book)

This book describes the rise of Port Scion as the greatest trade city in the Empire of Mathosia.
    By the pen of Bursar Markan Paige, Scholar of Economics:

It may be hard to imagine the world without Port Scion, it being so central to trade between the Mathosian Empire and the lands beyond the seas. Where would we be if we could not trade the lumber of the Granitewood for the limestone of the Kelari Isles? Or the ores of the Scarlet Gorge for the spices of the Shi-Ming? But there was a time when our great tread city was once just a small harbor in which humble fisherfolk convened to speak of the ups and downs of the changing sea currents and weather patterns....

This is an excerpt from the book in game about port scion.

I was particularly interested when it mentioned the kelari isles (which is in referance to ember isle). However...the spices of Shi-Ming? Where is that? and only accessable by boat of course as is mentioned by the importance of port scion and trade with Shi-Ming. Will telara be getting some asian flavor added? Nice...so long as we dont get panda monks like some other game...
    Xenohart
    http://www.fractureguild.enjin.com/ | twitch.tv/xenohartgaming
    4/4 TDQ | 4/4 FT | 5/5 EE | 4/4 GA | 3/3 IG | 4/5 PB | 2/4 BOB 4/4 minis
    I just make it look easy sometimes. ~Daglar

Yes. Clearly there is another continent that was cut off after the Port Scion wend down.

It's also weird that all the dragons are trapped within Talera and Ember Isle but none trapped on this
    Shi-Ming continent.

My guess is that Shi-Ming might be where we fight Regulous, but if not, I have no idea what enemies we'd face over there. Maybe a third faction. lol Who knows.

Quote Originally Posted by Xenoheart View Post
    The Port of Scion (Book)

This book describes the rise of Port Scion as the greatest trade city in the Empire of Mathosia.
    By the pen of Bursar Markan Paige, Scholar of Economics:

It may be hard to imagine the world without Port Scion, it being so central to trade between the Mathosian Empire and the lands beyond the seas. Where would we be if we could not trade the lumber of the Granitewood for the limestone of the Kelari Isles? Or the ores of the Scarlet Gorge for the spices of the Shi-Ming? But there was a time when our great tread city was once just a small harbor in which humble fisherfolk convened to speak of the ups and downs of the changing sea currents and weather patterns....

This is an excerpt from the book in game about port scion.

I was particularly interested when it mentioned the kelari isles (which is in referance to ember isle). However...the spices of Shi-Ming? Where is that? and only accessable by boat of course as is mentioned by the importance of port scion and trade with Shi-Ming. Will telara be getting some asian flavor added? Nice...so long as we dont get panda monks like some other game...

I don't believe it is referencing EI with the Kelari Isles passage. The Kelari Isles sunk into the ocean. That's why they have that refuge in Freemarch. Several of the NPCs there will tell you what happened if you read what they have to say Ember Isle was a distant island that was discovered by Dwarven and Kelari explorers long ago and they were forgotten about.
    Last edited by Laeris; 03-06-2012 at 01:57 PM.

Ah yes that makes sense. I hope Shi-Ming didn't sink into the ocean too :-) maybe they'll be involved in the new cooking craft because of their famous spices lol.
    Xenohart
    http://www.fractureguild.enjin.com/ | twitch.tv/xenohartgaming
    4/4 TDQ | 4/4 FT | 5/5 EE | 4/4 GA | 3/3 IG | 4/5 PB | 2/4 BOB 4/4 minis
    I just make it look easy sometimes. ~Daglar

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Laeris View Post
    I don't believe it is referencing EI with the Kelari Isles passage. The Kelari Isles sunk into the ocean. That's why they have that refuge in Freemarch. Several of the NPCs there will tell you what happened if you read what they have to say Ember Isle was a distant island that was discovered by Dwarven and Kelari explorers long ago and they were forgotten about.
    That isn't quite correct.

Going from the Defiant story quests there it is definitely part of the Kelari homeland. It was just part of a larger chain of islands; it was the other, smaller, islands in the chain that were totally destroyed in the tidal waves following the rifts appearance. The Kelari fled the island as many of the spirits there got corrupted and went on a rampage - corrupting many of the the Kelari in turn.

Read Anthosa Mona's little story here for some more background: http://uk.riftgame.com/en/world/nota...s/anthousa.php
    Last edited by Kedon; 03-06-2012 at 03:40 PM.

+ Reply to Thread