+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree4Likes
  • 2 Post By Galibier
  • 1 Post By Xenoheart
  • 1 Post By Xenoheart

Thread: Looking for a reference to the extended prophecy

Plane Touched

Default Looking for a reference to the extended prophecy

When I did the meditations on life quest, I thought it was cool that we got an extended version of the prophecy, but I wish I had recorded it in some way, because I can't find it on the net for the life of me. Does anyone have a reference for this? From a Guardian perspective, this is pretty important information, and I wish I could revisit it.

Thanks in advance!

Plane Walker

I cant remember this quest. What level/zone is it in? Im leveling a few alts at the moment who havent done all the zones yet so if one is close to the quest I can write it down as I do it.

RIFT Community Ambassador Morvick's Avatar

Luckily for you, I wrote it down into a simple Notepad file. :]

"The brood stirs... and the Ascended is here to put an end to the dragons.
    The ward falls... and the Ascended will do battle with the Destroyer.
    Utopia is undone... and the Ascended will lead us to the Promised Land."
    Quote Originally Posted by Zinbik View Post
    I also made other enhancements to certain aspects of the game for various reasons.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Lutinz View Post
    I cant remember this quest. What level/zone is it in? Im leveling a few alts at the moment who havent done all the zones yet so if one is close to the quest I can write it down as I do it.
    It's level 50, the quest takes you to several places, and it's part of the Life Epic Quest chain, right before you go into GSB and kill Prince Hylas and Greenscale.

Thanks a lot, Morvick. You rock. Also, note the ascended in the prophecy are not labelled defiant or guardian.

Quote Originally Posted by Randhi View Post
    Thanks a lot, Morvick. You rock. Also, note the ascended in the prophecy are not labelled defiant or guardian.
    Aye, that didn't escape my attention. Leaves 1 of 2 options:
    1) They are truly neutral and people have been misinterpreting their Messengers
    2) They only acknowledge the Guardian Ascended as being such, ignoring the Defiant

And, your welcome. I'm glad I could help.
    Last edited by Morvick; 03-01-2012 at 06:55 AM.
    I also made other enhancements to certain aspects of the game for various reasons.

I personally think it means:

1)We'll take care of the other dragons. Ward falls (aka return to Death content later on, ahahaahaa), Regulos reaches through and only the Ascended can defeat him etc etc. Like River of Souls on overdrive.

2)It means all Ascended, a neutral prophetic remark that is cryptic in its own way. This prophecy is however directed towards those faithful in the Vigil, so I doubt it would ever say a line like "And Ascended faithful with Ascended heritics confront the Destroyer". Um, no. That would mean validation of those mutants. ;)

"Utopia is undone... and the Ascended will lead us to the Promised Land." is also an interesting line. I know what it could TYPICALLY mean, but the lore theorycrafter in me has a crazy idea.

What if this Telara is, more or less, truly lost...undone? What if the Guardians are just supposed to safeguard whatever remains of the pristine conception of Telara, and carry it over to another realm, land, or otherwise? I'm trying to think of what would:
    a)keep Telara zones as we know them, as they are, without requiring changes to reflect the passage of time and plot developments
    b)get the Guardians to explore even further past Ember Isle, on a large scale

Maybe this can be all a large test, to clense this part of Telara of the dragons before moving onto a large Exodus of the faithful to the Promised Land? "Clean up your mess, prove yourselves, and you will show you are ready to move on."?

Well first off, who is "Us?" Who is being led to the Promised Land?
    The Faithful?
    The Messengers?
    The Vigil themselves?
    All of the creatures on Telara?

Perhaps the Gods created Telara to be their own paradise, a land they promised to themselves for once they could safely live on it? *shrug*

Quote Originally Posted by Maeloda View Post
    I personally think it means:

1)We'll take care of the other dragons. Ward falls (aka return to Death content later on, ahahaahaa), Regulos reaches through and only the Ascended can defeat him etc etc. Like River of Souls on overdrive.

2)It means all Ascended, a neutral prophetic remark that is cryptic in its own way. This prophecy is however directed towards those faithful in the Vigil, so I doubt it would ever say a line like "And Ascended faithful with Ascended heritics confront the Destroyer". Um, no. That would mean validation of those mutants. ;)
    I actually think the Vigil mean both. They can see the various slivers. They had to know that until the fail safe device this timeline was lost. I believe that they simply do not have the power to make enough ascended and that even ascended alone are not enough. Remember the Vigil never uses the term heretic, the most fanatical mortals do. The Messengers never damn the Defiant, they weep for them.

I do not think this is the weeping of a just parent at their wayward child. I believe the Vigil are far more complicated than that. I think this is the weeping of a parent who, for the good of all, had to force a child from their home so that child could follow another path so that the world could be saved. I think all the talk of "heretics" and the like is simply the interpretation of flawed mortals trying to place the actions of the Vigil into a context they can understand with their limited view of the world.

The defiant are just as limited, don't get me wrong. They mistakenly place the responsibility of the more heinous acts of the Guardians at the feet of the Vigil.
    Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorius triumphs, even though checkered by failure... than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat.

Plane Walker

I have a feeling that the Vigil play on a level that only Orpheal may know the extent of.

I also have a feeling that the Vigil may be inclined to tell us what we need to hear rather than neccesarily tell us the truth. I do think however the Vigil genuinely cares for Telara.

Again there is so much mystery to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Lutinz View Post
    I also have a feeling that the Vigil may be inclined to tell us what we need to hear rather than neccesarily tell us the truth. I do think however the Vigil genuinely cares for Telara.
    A good point.

Would you tell a terminally-ill patient the depressing truth, or beef up the "false" hope to stoke in them the courage to fight? I'd go for the white lie, myself.

And I'm sure they care about it greatly. So much of their essence and effort was infused into the planet, how could they not care about something that took so much of them to make? The Vigil have not abandoned their singular greatest creation, but must be blocked from communicating in some way (thankfully the Messengers exist to ease that silence).

Quote Originally Posted by Morvick View Post
    A good point.

Would you tell a terminally-ill patient the depressing truth, or beef up the "false" hope to stoke in them the courage to fight? I'd go for the white lie, myself.

And I'm sure they care about it greatly. So much of their essence and effort was infused into the planet, how could they not care about something that took so much of them to make? The Vigil have not abandoned their singular greatest creation, but must be blocked from communicating in some way (thankfully the Messengers exist to ease that silence).
    After reading this, I kinda had a big epiphany moment.

Question: why are the vigil not fighting to help us like they did before?
    Question: why do the vigil use messengers and we must wait till death to recieve the vision?

We stick with what we know about the dragons and "true forms" to answer this question.

We know the dragons are stuck here, because they were imprisonhed in telera. We also know that when the dragon avatar is destroyed, their spirit is banished back to their realm safely beyond the ward (which is what happened to regulo's when his dragon avatar was destroyed).

This is the exact reason why I think the vigil are so mysterious with their visions and their messages using messengers and things we can only see with omen (or quantum) sight. The same ward that keeps the expelled spirits of the dragons from entering our world is the same thing that prevents the vigil from direct interaction with our world. Only when we die are our spirits released and we can more easily communicate with the vigil or their messengers (thus why you only see the messengers during death or using various sight abilities). Thats why we received the vision when the guardians died and became ascended.

When we destroy the dragons, i believe they will work with regulos once more to destroy the ward. It will be then that the vigil will be able to directly help us again after the ward is destroyed. Maybe we will gain more powers with direct connection to them as we take the war directly to the planes themselves. Just my thought.
    Xenohart
    http://www.fractureguild.enjin.com/ | twitch.tv/xenohartgaming
    4/4 TDQ | 4/4 FT | 5/5 EE | 4/4 GA | 3/3 IG | 4/5 PB | 2/4 BOB 4/4 minis
    I just make it look easy sometimes. ~Daglar

FOUND IT!

Tome of the Vigil (Book)
    An ancient book of history
    The Vigil is made up of he most powerful deities of all Telara. They have protected Telara from the elemental threats throughout history, either through their inspiration of the heroic souls that first fought the dragons of the blood storm, or through the divine creation of the ward that protected Telara for these past centuries. As the ward imprisons the draconic gods, it also prevented the Vigil from taking a direct hand in the threads that now assail Telara. The Vigil has a plan for their followers, one that will lead to a golden age upon Telara, but it is up to the Guardians to enact this.

Tavril - The Land
    Bahralt - The Sea
    Thedeor - The Sword
    Mariel-Taun - The Heart
    Thontic- The Sea

This is the tome of the vigil in game. It explains why we cant contact the vigil directly anymore and why we are on our own until the dragons are destroyed.
    Xenohart
    http://www.fractureguild.enjin.com/ | twitch.tv/xenohartgaming
    4/4 TDQ | 4/4 FT | 5/5 EE | 4/4 GA | 3/3 IG | 4/5 PB | 2/4 BOB 4/4 minis
    I just make it look easy sometimes. ~Daglar

Quote Originally Posted by Xenoheart View Post
    FOUND IT!

Tome of the Vigil (Book)
    An ancient book of history
    The Vigil is made up of he most powerful deities of all Telara. They have protected Telara from the elemental threats throughout history, either through their inspiration of the heroic souls that first fought the dragons of the blood storm, or through the divine creation of the ward that protected Telara for these past centuries. As the ward imprisons the draconic gods, it also prevented the Vigil from taking a direct hand in the threats that now assail Telara. The Vigil has a plan for their followers, one that will lead to a golden age upon Telara, but it is up to the Guardians to enact this.

Tavril - The Land
    Bahralt - The Sea
    Thedeor - The Sword
    Mariel-Taun - The Heart
    Thontic- The Sea

This is the tome of the vigil in game. It explains why we cant contact the vigil directly anymore and why we are on our own until the dragons are destroyed.
    I want to give you my internets. But I need them for homework and Rift. >_>

+ Reply to Thread