+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Eboni, 'lost city'

Default Eboni, 'lost city'

http://forums.riftgame.com/lore-tela...a-looking.html

http://rift.zam.com/story.html?story=26120

Is charmers caldera the entrance to Laethys prison? Eboni was called 'the charmed city' and was turned into a volcano to imprison the dragon god of greed.

"Perhaps this has something to do with the strange golden magma that flows within the volcano and pulses with intense magical energy. Arcane scholars know that Crucia and her sister Laethys are bitter rivals, so why would the discovery of so much magical gold please a high-ranking subject of the Storm Queen?"

"Kamuzu Sagta (from Eboni) was venerated, not as a priest, but as one of the first great Eth Mages. He taught his art and philosophy of mortal empowerment to the students who flocked to the charmed city. And when the great golden dragon was brought low, it was his equations and thaumaturgy that bound her in place."

"Richest of the ancient Ethian holds was Eboni, its queen Callista the dazzling gem atop a city of treasure. She and her fathers and mothers before her wrested untold bounties from the earth, and so made Eboni prosperous and fortified beyond the dreams of other Eth. The royal family had grown demanding in their tastes, and Callista was no different—it is said that as a girl she had a dollmaker’s hands struck off for making her a doll of porcelain and not gold.
    Shortly after the Blood Storm first darkened the sky, Callista began erecting statues of golden dragons on every street corner. Passersby would find themselves wanting more: more wealth, more lovers, more power. And they grew ever more certain that their neighbors, their loved ones, their children had things they did not. All Eboni fell to squabbling, then to crime, then slaughter in the streets.
    Soon, the few survivors lived like jackals amid the decay. When Laethys’s army walked into the city, they dropped scraps of copper in their wake, and the people hailed them as saviors.
    Eboni became the stronghold of Laethys, at whose bidding Callista had built the statues. After Amardis and her comrades turned the city into a volcano to imprison Laethys, they found Callista surrounded by flows of magma, scrambling on hands and knees in the dragon’s horde. Clutching treasure to her bosom, piling it on though she had more than she could carry, heedless that everything around her had already melted to glittering slag.
    As the molten gold reached her, Callista did not scream but smiled, still beautiful. “Now I shall be like Laethys. Sheathed in radiance.”

Sword of Telara

It was the entrance, yes. However, Laethys did something so incredibly ballsy after Caelia's little speech that I have to tip my hat to her: she escaped. She actually melted herself down, using the volcano, and spread herself across Telara when it erupted. That's why there were coins falling from the sky in 1.2, and affecting the minds of the common people. With their purpose unknown, the Golden Maw was able to acquire most of the coins, and have been safeguarding them ever since. That is, presumably, the reason behind the Wanton Maw alliance - the Golden Maw want Maelforge to reforge Laethys, in exchange for his freedom.
    Last edited by Terram; 02-26-2012 at 01:05 PM.

wooOoo thnx for the info; I had no idea

Does this have anything to do with Caduceus Rise and all the gold piles?
    Last edited by chant; 02-26-2012 at 10:57 PM.

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by chant View Post
    wooOoo thnx for the info; I had no idea

Does this have anything to do with Caduceus Rise and all the gold piles?
    As I understand it Lethys needs a new body. In Caduceus Rise, we see the Wanton Maw trying to set things up to allow Lethys to possess Caduceus as her new body. At least that was my understanding of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Lutinz View Post
    As I understand it Lethys needs a new body. In Caduceus Rise, we see the Wanton Maw trying to set things up to allow Lethys to possess Caduceus as her new body. At least that was my understanding of it.
    It's all about dragon energy

I still wonder what will happen with the Aelfwar and Abyssal at this rate..

+ Reply to Thread