+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Heritage Question

Default Heritage Question

So, I have a plan for a character, but there are a few missing puzzle pieces that I need to find out first to see if this is plausible.

First off, how long do High Elves normally live? I've seen articles both on the official website and Telarapedia that simply state they have 'long life spans'. Is there anymore specific information? What is 'old', what is 'middle aged' and what is considered 'adult'? In the article about them discovering the Pre-Mathosian humans, they state that 'they evolved in what seemed like overnight to the elves'- does this mean their race as a community, or a dozen and a half related elves over several centuries, living over the consecutive years?

Secondly, I've read info on how the High Elves were the first to find the (future to be) Mathosian humans, and quickly bonded with them, like all things they find in nature. (See the above evolution comment) They seemed to have peaceful relations with them for extended periods of time, even after the humans 'grew up' and became the Mathosian Empire.

If that's the case, would it be plausible that cross breeding would occur between the two civilizations? If that's the case, when is this most likely to have occurred, and how old would the child be in the current time line? The reason I ask is that I very much enjoy playing my High Elf, and want to RP this character, but the guild that she is in (that I love and won't be parting with any time soon) is mostly Mathosians, and I think she would feel out of place. Would it be unreasonable RP wise if I were to make her half High Elf, half Methosian? There are plenty of sliders to change her up a bit (make her ears shorter, make her height shorter, etc) and I don't personally see it as a big issue since the two races have values very close to one another and have been peaceful allies for hundreds (if not thousands) of years.

Just looking for some opinions from the Rp community, so thank you for any constructive input you can add!

"Overnight" doesn't seem like an indication of a generational time length to me. A half elf would probably be, to me, at most as old as the height of the Mathosian Empire as the High Elves are characterized as being a bit secure in their superiority. Before human civilization they were "just like things they found in nature", ie, animals. Clever creatures, but...you watched them and taught them like a pet.

Maybe a bit weird.
    Quote Originally Posted by Foxcalibur View Post
    Verily, Maelforge did say, "Suffer all the bros to come at me!"

Yeah, that piece is canon.

Quote Originally Posted by Meharial View Post
    "Overnight" doesn't seem like an indication of a generational time length to me. A half elf would probably be, to me, at most as old as the height of the Mathosian Empire as the High Elves are characterized as being a bit secure in their superiority. Before human civilization they were "just like things they found in nature", ie, animals. Clever creatures, but...you watched them and taught them like a pet.

Maybe a bit weird.
    Hmm.. well thank you very much for the response! I appreciate the thoughtful insight. I'll have to think about it some more. From the texts that I read, it seemed more like the elves thought of the pre-mathosian humans as children that needed to be taught how to live on their own. That's an interesting perspective you have.. I guess I may have to wait until more solid lore info comes out.

A timeline would be fantastic right about now x.x hehe. Going to see if I can find one.
    Last edited by Alexial; 01-21-2011 at 07:51 AM.

Telarapedia has one that they've started, however there are no hard dates. One has to consider that it typically takes at least a decade for an empire to come into it's own, so you can kind of get a rough idea of time lengths from there. You can't, however, get much of an idea of the life spans of the races yet. =/

+ Reply to Thread