+ Reply to Thread

Thread: A Hypothetical Question

Plane Walker

Default A Hypothetical Question

If Sylver and Orphiel were to create a machine, similar to the Failsafe, that could take you back to a time when Telara was considered a Utopia, would you travel it.

RIFT Community Ambassador Morvick's Avatar

Pre-Bloodstorm Wars?

Hm. Probably not. The presence of an Ascended in those times might be problematic and have powerful "butterfly effects".

Plus, Ascension dictates that the souls you use be... well, from dead people. What if you travel back in time and meet one of the people whose soul you have harnessed? Would you lose those abilities, or would you have owner-like mastery over that person's free will? Would you be bonded?

Would everything divide by zero? *shrug* Odd things could happen, for sure.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zinbik View Post
    I also made other enhancements to certain aspects of the game for various reasons.

From in-character PoV, no. I wouldn't travel back. I returned to Telara to help out during some tough times, and going back in time would feel too much like abandoning them.

So, unless I could take everyone with me and form some new colony, I wouldn't do it.

Mmmm, pet dinosaurs.
    Eshlon@Greybriar

Plane Walker

"Plus, Ascension dictates that the souls you use be... well, from dead people. What if you travel back in time and meet one of the people whose soul you have harnessed?"

I guess this depends on how you view what a soul is. In Terminus, it is referred to as spirit anima by the technicians there who extract this from the Ascended Guardian Ravagers.

Plane Walker

and I am reminded now too, who or what were considered Guardian Ravagers.

Plane Walker

and bleh...

from this..

In Terminus, it is referred to as spirit anima by the technicians there who extract this from the Ascended Guardian Ravagers.

I should have said when I read the dialogue of the technicians there my thought was souls were being referred to as spirit anima.

+ Reply to Thread