+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Morvick

Thread: Lore source

Shadowlander

Default Lore source

Hey guys!

I've recently returned back to rift after quitting after launch and have fallen in love with the game so much more than i originally had! The lore has really interested me and i want to find out more! The only problem is i can't seem to find anywhere that will tell me exactly what i want to know, in detail. I've rummaged through 'Rift wikipedias' and found nothing but plain descriptions of raids and characters rather than the lore behind them.

Could someone please link me to some websites that will tell me in-depth lore about each of the races, factions, Greenscale's Blight, Hammerknell and Alsbeth

Thank you!
    Last edited by Lisletbh; 02-08-2012 at 04:28 PM.

This gives nice little tid bits...some of it turns out to be a little "off" once you experience the quests but it is still pretty decent as a primer imo

http://rift.zam.com/wiki/The_Great_T...ary_%28Rift%29

It basically catalogues many of the books you can find in the game.
    Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorius triumphs, even though checkered by failure... than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat.

RIFT Community Ambassador Morvick's Avatar

Your best bet will be to actually experience all of the quests, dungeons, and raids that you can (make a toon on the opposite Faction to round out the storytelling and help eliminate bias). Also talk to all of the NPCs in your home faction's city.
    Direct research is always the best course of action.

As for a secondary source, those books that Galibier posted are nice supplements, though sometimes I feel like the Lore team wishes they could go back and change certain details.

As you approach level 50, save up 15,000 Planarite so that you can purchase Omen Sight right away. It allows you to see otherwise-nonexistent NPCs whose main role is to flesh out the Lore for you, and so that you can gather Twisted Artifacts. (I hope they add Twisted Books, too!)

Other than that, we're here, and will help you as best as we can. =]

Though this raises a good opportunity to produce a coalesced, cited, organized, detailed account of all Rift's Lore... what a project that would be!
    Last edited by Morvick; 02-08-2012 at 05:49 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zinbik View Post
    I also made other enhancements to certain aspects of the game for various reasons.

Shadowlander

Thanks guys! It's a shame i have to read quest text, i'd rather just read it all on one place and i'm level 42 so that's 42 levels of lore i've not read :/ Thanks anyway!

"It allows you to see otherwise-nonexistent NPCs whose main role is to flesh out the Lore for you..."

Wait, what? I knew about using the sight to see twisted artifacts, but NPCs? Obviously I missed that in the update notes didn't I

RIFT Community Ambassador Morvick's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Anasasiel View Post
    "It allows you to see otherwise-nonexistent NPCs whose main role is to flesh out the Lore for you..."

Wait, what? I knew about using the sight to see twisted artifacts, but NPCs? Obviously I missed that in the update notes didn't I
    Stroll through your faction's headquarters with the Sight active, and you can interact with some very peculiar and informative NPCs.

Such as in Sanctum, the Messenger of Tears (a large death squirrel) who says, "Weep for those who were killed without reason."
    Last edited by Morvick; 02-09-2012 at 05:38 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zinbik View Post
    I also made other enhancements to certain aspects of the game for various reasons.

+ Reply to Thread