+ Reply to Thread

Thread: The Rest Of Telara

Default The Rest Of Telara

"The Shade rendered much of Telara inaccessible to explorers. The civilized territories are now bordered by impassible mountains on the north and west, on the east and south by seas churned into deadly frenzy as the very world is thrown into turmoil."

Has anyone encountered any mention of the rest of the world of Telara in any source to date (i.e. the graphic novels? Obscure developer posts?) Probably a pointless quest for information, I suppose I'm just curious about the rest of the world and how other...continents? Lands? Ocean kingdoms? are dealing with the threat of the Rifts. Surely the entire population of Telara can't be confined just to "the civilized territories"?

Rift Disciple

Hopefully the current endgame will allow us to break through those barriers, allowing us the rediscover those lands in coming expansions. That's a great way to build/expand the world, as well as add new races that be elsewhere on the world.

In the new article on the Mathosian Empire, it says:

In Thonticís name we sent merchants out from Port Scion, to ply the storming seas and trade with the strange folk of distant lands.
    Sounds like a confirmation of other intelligent peoples across the sea.

RIFT Fan Site Operator EntreNous's Avatar

Sounds like a confirmation of other intelligent peoples across the sea.
    Heck, even it it was Kelari Isle ... that'd be neat!

WikI has a real pretty continent map that shows more then our in game map ... mine anyways ... LOL.
    I can't wait to see Shimmering Sands ... the home of Asha/Orphiel and the DSC!!!

...the term "home" is used loosely
    Last edited by EntreNous; 01-18-2011 at 09:40 PM.
    RiftRares ... A work in progress.
    Rogue on FaeBlight
    8/8 RR's ... 4/4 DH ... 4/4 GP ... 5/5 GsB ... 5/5 RoS ... 2/4 RotP ... 10/11 HK

Quote Originally Posted by EntreNous View Post
    Heck, even it it was Kelari Isle ... that'd be neat!

WikI has a real pretty continent map that shows more then our in game map ... mine anyways ... LOL.
    I can't wait to see Shimmering Sands ... the home of Asha/Orphiel and the DSC!!!

...the term "home" is used loosely
    Could be the Kelari Isles. But in context the quote seems to be referring to the time between the end of the Blood Storm Wars and the beginning Shade War. Were Kelari "strange folk" to Mathosians of the time? Seems like they would have fought together against the Dragons, unless the Kelari decided to stay isolated on their archipelago. Speaking of which, I wonder where exactly those islands are. Or if they even exist after Akylios got grumpy. Need more lore, Trion!

Oh, and I agree about Shimmersand! Can't wait to dig up some more Eth history there!
    Last edited by EtherCrux; 01-18-2011 at 10:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by EtherCrux View Post
    Could be the Kelari Isles. But in context the quote seems to be referring to the time between the end of the Blood Storm Wars and the beginning Shade War. Were Kelari "strange folk" to Mathosians of the time? Seems like they would have fought together against the Dragons, unless the Kelari decided to stay isolated on their archipelago. Speaking of which, I wonder where exactly those islands are. Or if they even exist after Akylios got grumpy. Need more lore, Trion!

Oh, and I agree about Shimmersand! Can't wait to dig up some more Eth history there!
    now this is just a 100% guess ...
    If you can ever check out the screenies that are floating around that shows Telara ripping apart ... you can see the continent ... just to the right is a semi-large island. I guess that woul be maybe east/south east to Port Scion.

That might be Keli <<<???>>>
    Rogue on FaeBlight
    8/8 RR's ... 4/4 DH ... 4/4 GP ... 5/5 GsB ... 5/5 RoS ... 2/4 RotP ... 10/11 HK

now this is just a 100% guess ...
    If you can ever check out the screenies that are floating around that shows Telara ripping apart ... you can see the continent ... just to the right is a semi-large island. I guess that woul be maybe east/south east to Port Scion.

That might be Keli <<<???>>>
    Hm, I haven't seen those particular screenshots. Are talking about this?
    I think you can kind of see it off the coast of Freemarch if I remember correctly. Looks like a lighthouse or something. And the Kelari would have to be pretty crappy sailors to have a tough time escaping something so close to shore.

Quote Originally Posted by EtherCrux View Post
    Hm, I haven't seen those particular screenshots. Are talking about this?
    I think you can kind of see it off the coast of Freemarch if I remember correctly. Looks like a lighthouse or something. And the Kelari would have to be pretty crappy sailors to have a tough time escaping something so close to shore.
    Nope not that one ... Let me go hunting ... brb
    Rogue on FaeBlight

Here's the best shot I have ... i don't have many.
    See the sorta upsidedown bommerrang????

that!

btw ... you can you see really good/clear on a lot of older E3 2009 vids.
    Last edited by EntreNous; 01-18-2011 at 11:45 PM.
    Rogue on FaeBlight

Here's the best shot I have ... i don't have many.
    See the sorta upsidedown bommerrang????

that!

btw ... you can you see really good/clear on a lot of older E3 2009 vids.
    Ooh, good eye!

explorers not ascended as explorers would become planetouched while we cant

+ Reply to Thread