+ Reply to Thread

Thread: When did the shade happen?

Soulwalker

Default When did the shade happen?

I thought the shade was the event just before you spawn in the game which caused the state of the world in that timeline but i saw some other npc's talking about it in the present

Ascendant

I think you're right... the shade was what they call the rift event that happened the day of the Guardian starting zone... ie Aedraxis opening the death rift.

When the dragons came the first time, that's called the blood storm.

Miss DoomCookie - head lore writer for .. um .. defiant I *think* (don't hate me miss doomcookie)
    wrote a timeline that's as official as we're gonna get (Right from the writers themselves)

http://forums.riftgame.com/lore-tela...-timeline.html

Unfortunatly, it doesn't refer to the shade as such.

The NPC's talk about it all the time in the present.. but not in the present tense.. at least, i've never seen them as such. Do you see them talking about it as if its happening now.

From said post:

20 years before present day: Aedraxis uses the machines built for him by Orphiel Farwind to crack the Ward, unleashing the power of Regulos onto Telara in an event that would become known as the Shade. This triggers the beginning of the rifts. The heroes of the Guardians are returned for the first time to stop Aedraxis from completely handing Telara to Regulos. Many are taken up from Telara at that time to be presented with a vision from the Vigil. However, others, such as Cyril and Shyla, remain on Telara to defend it from the rifts.
    So the short answer is 20 years ago
    Telarans on class balance: Rock is overpowered. Paper is fine. - Scissors

Ascendant

yep. that's the section. Would have been the cherry on top to come out and say "known as the shade"... just to clear up any confusion.. but yeah.. 20 years from present. In other words, when you finish the first rift in the starting area of guardians, you are transported 20 years into the future.

+ Reply to Thread