+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Who are the pantheon of the vigil? Has anyone found a List of the gods?

Default Who are the pantheon of the vigil? Has anyone found a List of the gods?

Who are the pantheon of the vigil? Has anyone found a List of the gods?

"Words May Dazzle, But Actions Will Tell"

Soulwalker Chakravartan_Marilith's Avatar

I've not seen a complete list of the Vigil's names, but you can find some of them in the descriptions of the various classes. So far I've found three:

Bahralt, Patron of the Dwarves
    Tavril, Patron of the High Elves
    Thedeor, God of Storms and Justice

I'm not certain that the titles for Bahralt and Tavril are official, but Thedeor's is listed in the Shaman class description. Hopefully others can provide the names of the missing gods? I seem to remember there being five, all told...but I could be wrong.

RIFT Fan Site Operator EntreNous's Avatar

Tavril - God of Nature.
    Bahralt - God of Crafting/Creation.
    Thedeor - God of the Sword.
    Mariel-Taun - Goddess of the Heart.
    Thontic - God of the Sea.
    RiftRares ... A work in progress.
    Rogue on FaeBlight
    8/8 RR's ... 4/4 DH ... 4/4 GP ... 5/5 GsB ... 5/5 RoS ... 2/4 RotP ... 10/11 HK

Rift Master

Quote Originally Posted by EntreNous View Post
    Tavril - God of Nature.
    Bahralt - God of Crafting/Creation.
    Thedeor - God of the Sword.
    Mariel-Taun - Goddess of the Heart.
    Thontic - God of the Sea.
    That's awesome, thanks - I think Thedeor sounded better as: God of Storms and Justice

I saw the majority, if not all of these names mentioned in the Mathosian Empire history article. I really like the Lore in this game and I'm glad Trion are finally sharing it all with us, I especially liked the stuff about Cyril Kalmar - he's my hero!

Tavril is referred to as both a God and a Goddess in game, however.

Quote Originally Posted by Aieru View Post
    Tavril is referred to as both a God and a Goddess in game, however.
    As a deity, they can probably be whichever they want to be.

Rift Chaser

Tavril appears to be a treeant; at least that's the form (s)he takes during the Elf quest in Mathosia. Perhaps there isn't a clear distinction in gender among trees!

Actually the list is more like this:

Tavril- The Land
    Thedeor- The Sword
    Mariel-Taun- The Heart
    Bahralt- The City
    Thontic- The Sea

As lore reads and via podcast. Tavril isn't the Goddess of Nature she is the Goddess of the Land and there is a difference. She was once patron to the High Elves long ago and was female at the time. However, gender may not be an issue to the Gods. She is described as a motherly figure and is the main source of strength to the rest of the Vigil.

Also Bahralt is of the city and is the patron to Dwarfs. He guides in crafting/building but hes not a God of a profession lol.

Soulwalker Chakravartan_Marilith's Avatar

Default To clarify...

Quote Originally Posted by Damonisk View Post
    Tavril isn't the Goddess of Nature she is the Goddess of the Land and there is a difference. She was once patron to the High Elves long ago and was female at the time...She is described as a motherly figure and is the main source of strength to the rest of the Vigil.

Also Bahralt is of the city and is the patron to Dwarfs. He guides in crafting/building but hes not a God of a profession lol.
    I'm not certain I understand the distinction you're trying to make, Damonisk. If we take your statement that Bahralt is "of the city" and "patron to dwarves", this puts me in the frame of mind for an avatar manifestation. Are you contending that the gods of the Vigil are more appropriately viewed as aspect manifestations of the world of Telara, rather than external divinities (such as the Blood Storm dragons)? This would make more sense given the titles you attribute to the Vigil.

Telarapedia has gathered together most, if not all, of the information on the Gods thus far - both the Vigil and the Blood Storm pantheons. They're listed on the Gods page here, and each God has their own page with expanded information. Hopefully that can help those interested in using the Gods in their character stories have a better idea of who the Gods are. =)

Quote Originally Posted by Chakravartan_Marilith View Post
    I'm not certain I understand the distinction you're trying to make, Damonisk. If we take your statement that Bahralt is "of the city" and "patron to dwarves", this puts me in the frame of mind for an avatar manifestation. Are you contending that the gods of the Vigil are more appropriately viewed as aspect manifestations of the world of Telara, rather than external divinities (such as the Blood Storm dragons)? This would make more sense given the titles you attribute to the Vigil.
    It's sort of inverted. The gods created Telara together and what they added to the world is an expression of them or perhaps even parts of themselves. The dragons come from the planes that intersect at, but are separate from, Telara and just want to completely consume it.

+ Reply to Thread