+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By Myuriel

Thread: Reason for Kelari Leaving?

Default Reason for Kelari Leaving?

I've read some lore, but not all of it, and a question that continually plagues me is why the Kelari left the covenant? I don't think I've seen a mention of an exact reason as to why they split and high tailed it away.

The main reason is the following I believe. The elves saw themselves as the servanta of Tavril and the other gods, they saw their duty in service was to be the stewards of the wilds. The Kelari however over time came to see themselves as the spiritual equals of the gods that the other elves served. This idea of service is even seen in the term High Elves. The High Elves see those elves that have gone to live among the civilization and cities of the other races as having turned away from this duty, so to differentiate themselves from those elves who at least see themselves as subserviant to the gods but do not carry out this duty, they took on the name High Elves.

I actually find the Kelari quite interesting. If you look at how the lore has their power coming largely with pacts with spirits and "lesser gods", even their appearance and coloration to an extent, are very reminiscent of Michael Moorcock's Melniboneans.
    Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorius triumphs, even though checkered by failure... than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat.

Rift Disciple

I transcribed the book 'The First Pact' and put it on Zam, it tells a bit about how an Elf got involved with the first spirit, and where the First Schism began.

I couldn't have done this without the help of Elaenna of Faeblight. She had to fetch the book for me!

Leaves on the Wind, RP-Heavy Guardian Guild on Faeblight
    Do you Merisioux? Rift's newest RP Addon!

Soulwalker

Definately read 'The First Pact', it is a good little story and does give a bit of insight into how it all went down.

+ Reply to Thread