+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Is Religion..

Default Is Religion..

....something they want to bring into the game? Choosing a god from one of the 5 dragon lords?

Telaran

That wouldn't make sense. Both factions are more at war with the dragon gods than each other. Perhaps choosing a god from the Vigil to pledge fealty to, but that would only work for The Guardians.

relegion, factions, subfactions all can make very nice lore and complex game mechanics and choices to be made. So in that respect i would like this deepening in lore and possibilities- if done right

The tough part would be making the choice significant when it comes to game play. At this stage, I think it would add an additional layer of complexity to the game without a clear benefit.

I think if each choice was its own faction it would add a depth and complexity to every aspect of the game and certainly help those who like to create backstories for their characters carry those stories forward into gameplay.

Just to reiterate... Telara has its own pantheon. The Blood Storm dragons are a threat to Telara, and not to be worshiped.
    Lindsay Morgan Lockhart
    Lore Lead - Defiants
    Trion Worlds, Inc
    "I learned at a very young age that the world is full of people who are terrified by knowledge and the power it bestows to the individual. Freedom is to be seized by those with the courage to think for themselves." - Asha Catari

http://www.twitter.com/missdoomcookie

Quote Originally Posted by missdoomcookie View Post
    Just to reiterate... Telara has its own pantheon. The Blood Storm dragons are a threat to Telara, and not to be worshiped.
    The Sigil = good(?), though not worth worshiping according to the Defiant
    The Blood Storm = bad, though not as absolutely bad as Regulos, since they want to remake the world, not totally destroy it

Amirite?

(I'd think some crazies would/should worship the Blood Storm though)

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Maeloda View Post
    The Blood Storm = bad, though not as absolutely bad as Regulos, since they want to remake the world, not totally destroy it

Amirite?

Yar, it's not an RPG without crazy cultists.

But I love that Telara'a pantheon doesn't include the dragon lords. It makes the planes the rifts connect to seem even more alien.

Back on topic, though, selecting a god would only work for one side, really. Unless the defiant got to choose which god they disliked most. It might be best left as a roleplaying thing.

Amirite?

Not to forget Regulos is a part of The Blood Storm itself.
    It is an ironic habit of human beings to run faster when we have lost our way.
    -Me? I am Someone, Somebody. Anybody. Anyone.

Amirite?

The Vigil. And yes, the Defiants turned from the Vigil in order to use magitech, as the Vigil strictly forbade its use, as it burns sourcestone, the raw matter of creation.

As someone else pointed out, The Blood Storm is the collective name for all six of the dragon gods, including Regulos. Regulos is definitely the baddest of the bad though, as he will destroy everything, consuming it, if given the chance.
    Lindsay Morgan Lockhart
    Lore Lead - Defiants
    Trion Worlds, Inc
    "I learned at a very young age that the world is full of people who are terrified by knowledge and the power it bestows to the individual. Freedom is to be seized by those with the courage to think for themselves." - Asha Catari

http://www.twitter.com/missdoomcookie

Sounds great, cant wait for our first raid wipe to any of the Blood Storm. We can raid them yes? Eventually? Please?! lol

The Vigil. And yes, the Defiants turned from the Vigil in order to use magitech, as the Vigil strictly forbade its use, as it burns sourcestone, the raw matter of creation.

As someone else pointed out, The Blood Storm is the collective name for all six of the dragon gods, including Regulos. Regulos is definitely the baddest of the bad though, as he will destroy everything, consuming it, if given the chance.
    Ah right, the VIGIL. Thanks.

"the Defiants turned from the Vigil in order to use magitech, as the Vigil strictly forbade its use, as it burns sourcestone, the raw matter of creation."
    ^ And this is what should be pushed as a very valid lore reason to choose the Guardians, even if one doesn't like the reliance on the Vigil. Even as a Defiant chooser myself, I recognize that the sourcestone issue is very contentious and more of a 'resource war' aspect of the faction conflict.

Great stuff, and thanks for your posts

Very interesting, I hope more info about the different gods/goddesses and the different dragons is eventually released!

Rift Disciple

They would have to make sure they counter balance any deity worship on the Guardian side, with something of equal worth on the Defiant side, which doesn't sound like the easiest thing to do when I think on it.

IB

I don't think this could work mechanically since the Defiants don't worship the Vigil; however, religion is always a key element of rp, especially for clerics.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast