+ Reply to Thread

Thread: dragons together

Rift Chaser

Default dragons together

Are the dragons working together with regulos or do they have their own agenda?

RIFT Community Ambassador Talila's Avatar

Some of the dragons are speculated to coorporate, but otherwise it's very much each dragon for their own. They all have their perfect envision of Telara, for example Greenscale (and The Aelfwar) wants to overgrow Telara completely, Regulos wants to eat Telara for dinner, Maelforge wants to set everything on fire..

That is also why sometimes when you see two invasion groups from two different planar factions they'll sometimes kill eachother.
    I went off to FFXIV. Here's my blog.

Rift Chaser

i see. thx

Soulwalker

Basically the dragons were all working together initially but then turned on each other. The only dragons we know to be working together at present are Laethys and Maelforge.

I think the only dragon that doesn't want to destroy Telara is Laethys. He/She is just a greedy sunova and wants all of its followers to be greedy. Basically, Telara's Ferangi Alliance.
    "I love being a father, but there are some things I miss: Silence, the absence of noise, one single moment undisturbed by the sounds of a childrens’ TV program called Doc McStuffins. There is no quiet anymore, there is only Doc McStuffins.
    — Ron Swanson, 2014

Quote Originally Posted by intrinsc View Post
    I think the only dragon that doesn't want to destroy Telara is Laethys. He/She is just a greedy sunova and wants all of its followers to be greedy. Basically, Telara's Ferangi Alliance.
    Well, Crucia wants to brainwash everyone into being her slaves. And Akylios just wanted everyone to be insane.
    "I get up early. And I don't go to bed until I've made some very poor decisions."

*Antaeus, Defiant Kelari - Faeblight RP-PvE
    Now available: Telara, as seen through screenshots of varying quality.

Quote Originally Posted by Xerokine View Post
    Well, Crucia wants to brainwash everyone into being her slaves. And Akylios just wanted everyone to be insane.
    Well, those are just actions with some sort of causality attached to it. We don't know what Crucia would do with the charmer's coil. Perhaps she does want everyone to destroy each other. Akylios was known for sucking peoples thoughts and leaving them as husks with no brains. If he got to everyone in Telara the world would surely go into decay and be overrun by nature and the effect of that is destruction.

Laethy's effect, if you look at humanities past of greed, yes, there is a lot of war driven by greed, but greedy people eventually realize they need some stability in order to keep being greedy, so they almost always find a way to co-exist while ripping each other off. But, again, they could just mindlessly destroy each other in their madness and then just realize afterwards what they did, but their greed would give them enough wealth to rebuild.
    "I love being a father, but there are some things I miss: Silence, the absence of noise, one single moment undisturbed by the sounds of a childrens’ TV program called Doc McStuffins. There is no quiet anymore, there is only Doc McStuffins.
    — Ron Swanson, 2014

RIFT Community Ambassador Talila's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Xerokine View Post
    Poor Akylios, he just wanted everyone to have fun
    I went off to FFXIV. Here's my blog.

Soulwalker

When the working day is done, Akylios just wants to have fun!

Quote Originally Posted by riftloreseeker View Post
    Are the dragons working together with regulos or do they have their own agenda?
    To answer your origional question....*grin* No...none of them are working with Regulos...in fact THEY turned on him during the War and helped to kick him out because each of them wanted Telara for themselves....and it is kind of hard to have something if it is destroyed

......and I've always felt a bit bad for Greenscale and Akylios...out of the whole bunch of bad, they seemed the "least bad" to me.....yet were the first to be killed. <Well, their mortal forms anyway...whether they are actually dead or not isn't quite certain...>

Quote Originally Posted by Talila View Post
    They all have their perfect envision of Telara, for example Greenscale (and The Aelfwar) wants to overgrow Telara completely, Regulos wants to eat Telara for dinner, Maelforge wants to set everything on fire..
    Overgrow it, burn it, then eat it.

Sounds like they all could work together.
    Retired from the forum community 12/19/2017

+ Reply to Thread