+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree3Likes
  • 3 Post By Foxcalibur

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Drowning in Snow is complete

1.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #1
    Ghost Writer in the Sky Foxcalibur's Avatar

Cool Drowning in Snow is complete

Heya Lorehounds!

Drowning in Snow, part 6 is now up on Tales of Telera, and you can find it right 'ere:

http://www.riftgame.com/en/world/fic...-in-snow-6.php

As with the Boar Spear, I welcome any feedback and/or questions from youse guys!

-FOXY
    Last edited by Foxcalibur; 12-19-2011 at 12:12 PM.

Capitalisation of callings and abilities destroys immersion.
    Feminism is the radical notion that women are people.

How? If you are writing about something that is a bonafide profession in real life it is not improper to capitalize. Ex. "When the other Officers arrived on scene they observed the blood in the foyer." Also if the term is being used as a title "Cleric Galibier" it is doubly appropriate.

Also if I am speaking of a weapon. "He was shot with a Glock 9mm." you capitalize Glock. I see at least spells as "proper names". Censure to me is similar to the Crimson Bands of Cytorak (comic book geeks name the character...)
    Last edited by Galibier; 12-20-2011 at 08:47 PM.
    Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorius triumphs, even though checkered by failure... than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat.

Capitalisation is fine, the fact Uriel shouted the names of her spells was the main issue with the story for me - only because nothing else in the lore suggests that casters call the names of their spells (and some are far too unwieldy to do so with: "Stream of Reclamation", for example). Id've been fine with identifying the spells as she cast them (or even describing then telling us what the spell was so we have a chance to work it out for ourselves).

Aside from that, liked the story very much! Think I preferred the Boar Spear angle with an unknown, but I've liked all of the Unseen saga so this was a welcome addition. If I may suggest something for another story - a tale with a historical angle, taking place perhaps in Port Scion or to do with the imprisoning of a dragon, perhaps, would be fascinating.
    Mage PvP build guides:
    Sc/Pyro - mobile DPS, ChloroChon - support for low ranks

I think the writer may have been channeling an old literary convention. If you read some old pulp novels and comics (my reference was to Dr. Strange) they will say things like "behold. You are bound by the Crimson Bands of Cytorak." Certainly a mouthful but a convention of some history.
    Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorius triumphs, even though checkered by failure... than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat.

+ Reply to Thread