+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Davek and Defiants

Rift Disciple

Default Davek and Defiants

It's becoming a nightly occurrence to find Defiants in The Quill in Argent Glade. On some levels, I'm totally fine with that. But, when a Defiant (npc) patrol is walking down the street behind the bar, I've seen Davek go off his rocker, his fists go up, he's screaming about how evil they are, and he's charging out there to meet them headlong with nothing but his clenched fists and a headbutt. Not just Davek, but all those people in there. They are obviously Anti-Defiant.

The issue I have is when Defiants walk into the Quill and emote ordering a drink and carrying on a mild-mannered conversation with the friendly bartender. This isn't neutral territory, this isn't even contested territory, this is smack dab in the heart of Pro-Guardian territory. In fact, a mile down the road, Guardians are lobbing bombs at any Defiant heads they see peeking up out of the water.

I'm wondering if the problem is two-sided? Do Guardians show up in Defiant hubs and order a cappuccino from their mechanized Drink-O-Matic?

Don't get me wrong, I -love- cross-faction RP. What's the point of having angst between two sides if you can't play it? But, I just feel that there's better places for it, on both sides, that aren't smack-dab in the middle of another side's home turf. With the emote range as it is, attention could easily be garnered from outside the tavern and used to draw people out.

I've seen Davek punch a Defiant in the face, so it makes it hard for me to wrap my head around others claiming to come in and order a drink with absolute nonchalance.

Leaves on the Wind, RP-Heavy Guardian Guild on Faeblight
    Do you Merisioux? Rift's newest RP Addon!

I don't see them often myself. I think the problem is this. Many people like the philosophy of the defiant BUT don't like the baggage that comes with it, basically not living in an area that fits with their idea of what a High Fantasy hamlet should look like. So rather than taking the "good" with the "bad" they stretch the suspension of disbelief to the breaking point and off the Guardian land they go with out a btw.
    Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorius triumphs, even though checkered by failure... than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat.

+ Reply to Thread