+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Where are the dragons imprisoned?

RIFT Fan Site Operator EntreNous's Avatar

Default Where are the dragons imprisoned?

Can someone shed some light on where all of the Dragons are imprisoned at?

During the Bloodstorm wars ...
    "The people of Telara caught the Blood Storm off guard. The Age of Dragons lasted centuries, yet the dragons were too embittered to join forces. One after another, great heroes imprisoned the dragons, and at last, banished dread Regulos to the planes."

We know Crucia was buried in her city under the ice at 'Iron Pine Peak' by the first Shaman and Pyromancer ....

"Now, that valley is filled with a nearly bottomless lake of ice, pierced only by the highest spires of that awful city, as if Crucia’s very claws surge desperately from her prison."

We know Aklios is under the sea ...

"The Shade struck Telara, and Akylios’s deep-sea prison began slowly cracking, driving the seas into a swirling frenzy."

If the other dragons were imprisoned in their natural habitat - sort to say - do we know about where thay are?
    How about the other dragons?
    Where are they?
    RiftRares ... A work in progress.
    Rogue on FaeBlight
    8/8 RR's ... 4/4 DH ... 4/4 GP ... 5/5 GsB ... 5/5 RoS ... 2/4 RotP ... 10/11 HK

I was under the impression that the Dragons were imprisoned on the other side of each Rift into their worlds. And the End Game was set up around literally going into these Rifts and walking the Bloodstorm's planes to defeat them and permanently close off the Invasions to our world.

This, for me, ushers me back into the age of EQ and the Planes but I don't know if they were planning on literally doing this. As we go on and level throughout the zones, lore wise, the story is creeping closer to Regulos and his Minions (This is why I am under the assumption that the Dragons are tearing free and we need to stop them).
    Shagroth, GM of Myth

a Belmont Guardian Guild
    http://www.Myth-Guild.net

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Shagroth View Post
    I was under the impression that the Dragons were imprisoned on the other side of each Rift into their worlds. And the End Game was set up around literally going into these Rifts and walking the Bloodstorm's planes to defeat them and permanently close off the Invasions to our world.

This, for me, ushers me back into the age of EQ and the Planes but I don't know if they were planning on literally doing this. As we go on and level throughout the zones, lore wise, the story is creeping closer to Regulos and his Minions (This is why I am under the assumption that the Dragons are tearing free and we need to stop them).
    It has been stated multiple times that all of the dragons aside from Regulos are imprisoned on Telara:
    "Helped by their gods, the mages of Telara fashioned the Ward, a magical barrier around the world. The Ward would protect Telara from the planes, keeping the peace by imprisoning the captured Blood Storm and preventing the return of Regulos.

As far as them being imprisoned within their own element, it doesn't appear so:
    "For centuries, Greenscale has raged against his sterile, lifeless prison, as his faerie servitors leech off his power to fuel their wicked games. If freed, he may crush them for their impudence or reward their ruthless drive."

Taken from the zone Preview of Iron Pine Peak:

"There is indeed magic behind the endless frost: Crucia, the Dragon of Air, lies entombed beneath the ice in her temple-city, and the sorcery that holds her has seeped cold into the very mountains, giving winter an eternal home in Iron Pine Peak."

There is also significantly more lore on this page: http://www.riftgame.com/en/world/zones/iron_pine.php
    Definately worth reading.
    Last edited by Aryt; 01-16-2011 at 08:17 PM.

Soulwalker

This is one thing I've been really wondering about. We get the idea that the dragons, except for Regulos are imprisoned on Telara, yet they directly correspond to the planular forces invading Telara.... At first thought I figured the 'rift raids' would be going into the planes and fighting the dragons, but not sure how that is, if they are imprisoned in Telara somewhere. I look forward to more info through lore and quests, on exactly how the dragons are linked to the particular planes. Are the cults bringing the particular planular rifts into existence because in doing so it cracks the Telaran prisons of the particular corresponding dragon? That seems my best guess.

Check the game map, look for where it says 'Here Be Dragons'. Countless heroes have found that works in the past.

And what are the prisons made of, anyway? Akylios being under the sea is not a good move unless there's something separating him from all that water, and his prison was described as cracking...

Maybe it's punishment? To always feel that which you control, but not be able to control it due to some... godly... barrier?

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Masterweaver View Post
    And what are the prisons made of, anyway? Akylios being under the sea is not a good move unless there's something separating him from all that water, and his prison was described as cracking...

Maybe it's punishment? To always feel that which you control, but not be able to control it due to some... godly... barrier?
    Problably each dragon is imprisioned at an element that weaken its powers. Crucia (wind) is imprisoned in ice. Dragoscale (life) is imprisioned at a barren land (desert?).

So, the water dragon will problably be imprisoned at a vulcano and the fire dragon bellow the sea.
    Last edited by joha; 02-11-2011 at 05:38 PM.

Except that it's stated outright that Akylios' prison is under the ocean. What the thread, mate? Stupid move on the Vigil's part, putting the water dragon in water...

And it's also implied that it's icy because Crucia is imprisoned, not the other way round.

Sooo.... maybe the elements act as a power dampener? You can control your element here but since there's such a huge amount you can only control this far? And that's why Greenscale is the only dragon not planted in his element; it's rather stupid to expect life to make an overloading containment. Unless you count the fae who have been leeching off of him.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Masterweaver View Post
    Except that it's stated outright that Akylios' prison is under the ocean. What the thread, mate? Stupid move on the Vigil's part, putting the water dragon in water...

And it's also implied that it's icy because Crucia is imprisoned, not the other way round.

Sooo.... maybe the elements act as a power dampener? You can control your element here but since there's such a huge amount you can only control this far? And that's why Greenscale is the only dragon not planted in his element; it's rather stupid to expect life to make an overloading containment. Unless you count the fae who have been leeching off of him.
    Maybe he's a freshwater dragon. Sea breaks in and he dies from the salt...

I think the idea of each dragon being imprisoned in their own element is probably correct.

Laethys lead the charge on the Eths in the Blood storm war. Since the Ethians are also the ones that invented current day magitech it can be assumed that Laethys was one of the first dragons imprisoned.

If Laethys was one of the first dragons imprisoned, then it would make sense that she was imprisoned in the desert. The Ethians are described as nomadic, and they endlessly wander the desert, but the Malthosians also describe the Eth to never leave the desert lowlands. So either Laethys is imprisoned in the desert or the Eth left the desert for the first time to imprison her elsewhere... My money is on the desert.

We can also look at Regulose. In a way he was imprisoned in his own element as well. Since he want's to destroy all things, his natural element is the void, and coincidentally he was also the only dragon to be banished back to the void. Perhapse they were sending him back to his own element...

Also we could approach this from anyother angle and say that each of the dragon lords need something else in order to fulfill their desire for Telara. Fire needs something to burn, Water needs heat to change forms, air needs resistance to be felt, earth needs fire to mold it, life needs the void to fill, Death needs something to destroy.

If the members of the blood storm were imprisoned in their own element it would be a form of torture, because the only thing that the dragons would be left with would be their own element, and they wouldn't have the capacity to make more of their own element... water isn't formed in water, air can only be compacted to a certain point, fire needs fuel, earth needs space to expand, etc. This would be very boring for those dragons, all they would do is sit around with the same fire, earth, water, etc. and never be able to create new molecules of their substance.

Those dragons could be imprisoned by a ward within their own element - perhaps aided by the gods of the Vigil. That would also enhance the story of the guardian belief the gods will help them thwart Regulos and bring the planes back in balance.

JMO
    Last edited by Jorun; 02-12-2011 at 09:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jorun View Post
    Those dragons could be imprisoned by a ward within their own element - perhaps aided by the gods of the Vigil. That would also enhance the story of the guardian belief the gods will help them thwart Regulos and bring the planes back in balance.

JMO
    You're... misinformed.

The dragons are EVIL creatures, vile gods of the planar realms that seek nothing but to turn Telara into their own idea of 'paradise'. We know that Crucia is trapped beneath the frozen lake of Iron Pine Peak, high up in the frigid mountains for instance. ALL of the dragons were captured and imprisoned upon Telara itself, forever seperating them from their home domain. It is said that Greenscale, the dragon of Life was imprisoned in a place desolate and without life so i can imagine they did the same things for most of the others.

Quote Originally Posted by Akeche View Post
    You're... misinformed. .........
    Ok - I'm wrong - it was all my imagination - my own opinion - move along

I'll admit I haven't read every piece of lore yet, but the impression I have, especially from the opening cinematic, is that it was the alliance of the Telaran races, including the Eth and their magitech, that imprisoned the dragons rather than the Vigil. It was the Vigil that put the Ward in place keeping Regulos out.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast