+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Underwater Zone

Soulwalker

Default Underwater Zone

Hey I know you Devs pay attention to these forums, so I thought I'de just come out and say it....I think you should develop some underwater zones. Lots of games have them, and they are always a challenge, fun and rewarding. Could easily tie it in with Ember Isle, or within one of the icy places in the game.

Usually underwater combat is slow and sluggish, but Rift has got it right and i'd like to see some sort of underwater zone too.

Ps shouldn't this be in the suggestions forum? Dunno if you wanted to discuss lore or not.
    Last edited by Sandalphon; 11-22-2011 at 10:26 AM.

I don't care about lore. Or if a zone is underwater or not. The act that you added SO MUCH underwater breathing items/abilities with Waves of Madness event (and lots of Water resist) I'm disappointed there are no underwater fights in HK. Sadface.
    Misterwar <-Virus-> 5/11 Warborne <Yakisoba> 5/11 Warborne <Apotheosys> 0/11

I've also considered this, and I love underwater stuff too
    if some of the weather news map ads they have are any indication they might add an underwater zone named Tempest Deeps in the future

Tempest Deeps sounds like an awesome name. It could also tie in why no ships come back from sailing.

Ascendant

There is a underwater city off the coast of ember isle. East coast. swim out and you should find it. I believe it is home to a rare spawn elite mob currently. But its a full blown ruined city along the lines of Atia.
    Last edited by Khelendross; 11-22-2011 at 01:18 PM.
    Planar Breach Support Open World PVP and PVE!
    Sourcewell and PVP Rift Objective Based PVP A more resource efficient way of adding Open World Objective based PVP!
    Ember Isle Open World Style PVP Repurposing Lets do something with this amazing zone!

Atia? Whowhatwhenwhere?

Rift Disciple

Default The Forgotten City

Quote Originally Posted by Khelendross View Post
    There is a underwater city off the coast of ember isle. East coast. swim out and you should find it. I believe it is home to a rare spawn elite mob currently. But its a full blown ruined city along the lines of Atia.
    Found this yesterday and hung around for a bit. But didn't find the elite mob. I had the underwater breathing apparati on (necklace) and didn't see anything spawn. was super happy I found it though because that was what I was looking for. I mean I was looking for something... Didn't know if i'd find anything.

anyway, I'll post coordinates when I get home.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Drazzzen View Post
    Found this yesterday and hung around for a bit. But didn't find the elite mob. I had the underwater breathing apparati on (necklace) and didn't see anything spawn. was super happy I found it though because that was what I was looking for. I mean I was looking for something... Didn't know if i'd find anything.

anyway, I'll post coordinates when I get home.
    I'm sure there is a good reason for its existance. It may be the future home of a sliver perhaps. Seems like a good candidate. It could also play a role in a future dungeon or raid.
    Planar Breach Support Open World PVP and PVE!
    Sourcewell and PVP Rift Objective Based PVP A more resource efficient way of adding Open World Objective based PVP!
    Ember Isle Open World Style PVP Repurposing Lets do something with this amazing zone!

how far out on the east coast is it?

+ Reply to Thread