+ Reply to Thread

Thread: rift creatures

Rift Chaser

Default rift creatures

are the rift creatures working for regulos? if yes, why are they attracking regulos followers in the rifts?

RIFT Community Ambassador Talila's Avatar

It depends on which planar type they are. Some planar forces aren't allied, and will attack eachother no matter what. Typically planar beings work for a cult that may/may not have something to do with a dragon, such as the Endless for Regulos.
    I went off to FFXIV. Here's my blog.

It is funny when the rift creatures attack enemies they are supposed to be friends with.

Like a life rift opening in the middle of an Aelfwar camp. Elf fight!
    Mr. Sassy Baskets, come here I want you

Quote Originally Posted by mrsbuttsack View Post
    It is funny when the rift creatures attack enemies they are supposed to be friends with.

Like a life rift opening in the middle of an Aelfwar camp. Elf fight!
    Aelfwar camp dudes were just jelly.

Yeah, but I try to roleplay myself out of that by remembering that the Aelfwar don't exactly have wonderful relations with Life, but rather try to bend it to their will. (they don't even fully 'worship' Greenscale, but rather want to siphon off his energy to cover the world in his energy)

Keep in mind that Greenscale's objective was a chaotic wilderness where everything tried to kill everything else, all the time. So Lifespawn attacking other Lifespawn makes a lot of sense.
    "I get up early. And I don't go to bed until I've made some very poor decisions."

*Antaeus, Defiant Kelari - Faeblight RP-PvE
    Now available: Telara, as seen through screenshots of varying quality.

Rift Chaser

is greenscale in league with regulos?

Doubt it since hes imprisioned by death, there are a few fae that decided to defect though as seen in Runic Decent and around Hammerknell

Rift Chaser

thanks all

Plane Walker

We see a few examples of planar creatures out from under the thumb of the Dragons. Even more lately.

Interestingly the invasions on Ember Isle give us a taste of what seems to be the powerstruggles going on behind the scenes now the Water and Life Dragons are out of the way.

Either way Im looking forward to seeing more Atrophinus. I love that mead swilling Satyr.

It seems there's a bunch of factions trying to throw themselves up as the new ruler of Water and Life, trying to replace Akylios and Greenscale. I'm still wagering that we haven't seen the last of those two. Regulos wasn't exactly defeated once and for all when he was destroyed 1500 years ago, after all.
    "I get up early. And I don't go to bed until I've made some very poor decisions."

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Xerokine View Post
    It seems there's a bunch of factions trying to throw themselves up as the new ruler of Water and Life, trying to replace Akylios and Greenscale. I'm still wagering that we haven't seen the last of those two. Regulos wasn't exactly defeated once and for all when he was destroyed 1500 years ago, after all.
    An interesting side note, the water boss (whos name I cant remember apart from it starting with I) seems to have been sealed inside Telara. A couple of the Keepers comment on it. Perhaps the Dragons werent the only planar powers to be sealed away on Telara.

Id also be interested to see if these new powers are former servants or rivals of the Dragons or if they are infact lesser gods like listed in the book you get in the Guardian Water Saga.

Quote Originally Posted by Lutinz View Post
    An interesting side note, the water boss (whos name I cant remember apart from it starting with I) seems to have been sealed inside Telara. A couple of the Keepers comment on it. Perhaps the Dragons werent the only planar powers to be sealed away on Telara.

Id also be interested to see if these new powers are former servants or rivals of the Dragons or if they are infact lesser gods like listed in the book you get in the Guardian Water Saga.
    Ithkus, eh? I'm not surprised. We've already seen that many of the dragon's lieutenants or stronger followers were imprisoned like they were. It's seen in Abyssal Precipice, too; when one of those lieutenants needs to be freed to find out where Akylios was imprisoned. It might be something like that; Ithkus was another Tidespawn too powerful to be destroyed - or she was already starting to corrupt the planet's core and needed to be stopped before it was too late. Something like that.

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Xerokine View Post
    Ithkus, eh? I'm not surprised. We've already seen that many of the dragon's lieutenants or stronger followers were imprisoned like they were. It's seen in Abyssal Precipice, too; when one of those lieutenants needs to be freed to find out where Akylios was imprisoned. It might be something like that; Ithkus was another Tidespawn too powerful to be destroyed - or she was already starting to corrupt the planet's core and needed to be stopped before it was too late. Something like that.
    I actually am finding myself more interested in the potential of rivals to the Dragons rather than Lieutenants. I am sure there are highly likely to be Lesser Gods and the like that disliked the Dragons. After all there was a time proir to the rise of the Dragons when other forces would have dominated the Planes. Im really curious about what was their when the Dragons werent around. Surely there are likely to be exiled or suppressed powers lurking in the shadows who now can make thier move with the Dragon out of the way. We could be seeing the start of some major power struggles happening in the planes.

+ Reply to Thread