+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Xerokine

Thread: ZAM interveiw and Ember Isles (Possible Spoilers)

Plane Walker

Default ZAM interveiw and Ember Isles (Possible Spoilers)

Interesting interview on ZAM.

Warning there are some SPOILERS though they are pretty minor.

http://rift.zam.com/story.html?story=28182

So now we know what Leathys and Maelforge are doing. We just dont really know why. Trying to create a counter to the Ascended maybe?

Plane Walker

Im guessing no one wants spoilers:P

Plane Walker

there is a Dwarf in Firesand that walks around with a book of magic. From this book he casts a spell that creates Dragon Roosts. From these dragon roosts little dragons are born, five or so at a time. I wonder if he is connected to what Leathys and Maelforge are doing.

Quote Originally Posted by Lutinz View Post
    Im guessing no one wants spoilers:P
    It sort of sheds a bit of light on the egg shells event, but brings with it questions about how egg shells (or rather eggs) are present prior to them actually mating.

Or, do dragon Gods reproduce without mating? Was Maelforge's seed taken to Laethys at an earlier time? Were the egg shells damaged eggs that would have been fertilised later at EI? And more importantly, doesn't explain the other bit of info we had from a dev panel stating that a chest of gold being taken to EI was literally Laethys. Unless that info actually meant Laethys' eggs rather than Laethys herself.

Quite a mystery still. But thanks for the info.
    Last edited by Anuhart; 11-07-2011 at 07:03 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by View Post
    You obviously know nothing about Laethys, have you tried him?
    I don't log in anymore.

Plane Walker

Well it didnt specificly state that they were mating, just trying to create a new race. I maybe some form of breeding or it be something else.

What Im wondering at this point is why. They both have potent armies. Why the need to ally for it? This makes me think they are doing what they are doing for a specific reason. Im thinking A) to create something that can break open their prisons or B) something to counter the Ascended who at this point are clearly a threat.

Plane Walker

"What Im wondering at this point is why. They both have potent armies. Why the need to ally for it? This makes me think they are doing what they are doing for a specific reason. Im thinking A) to create something that can break open their prisons or B) something to counter the Ascended who at this point are clearly a threat".

for B) they could be realizing that they are more powerful together than separate
    Last edited by Mythue; 11-08-2011 at 06:20 AM.

Greenscale, trapped alone in Stillmoor, with only Aelfwar expedition even attempting to let him out (or at least harness his power like a tool...). DEAD.

Akylios, trapped under Hammerknell, yet starting to get free. Ascended break through the Abyssal invasions and presence on Moonshade, defeat the huge darkness within Hammerknell, and slay Abyssal leadership and Akylios himself. DEAD.

The cults need to get their dragons out, and they need to do so NOW. Regulos and Crucia are more special cases, as Regulos is beyond the Ward (needing just a rift large and powerful enough to get through, for all his energy), and Crucia seems still content to play things behind the scenes in her 'prison'.

So the Golden Maw and Wanton, who both have been TRYING to free their dragons, find themselves in a predicament - every effort to free the dragons while working alone has failed (as seen mostly in Shimmersand and Droughtlands). They can't do this alone, and they know it.

So... the Golden Maw will help free Maelforge from Ember Isle, if the Wanton help with Laethys. Problem for them is whether they will actually keep at their word? ;) Just as the Endless/Abyssal alliance, I'm sure one side is working to betray the other (Golden Maw...), and the other side is using the first side just for their manpower and tools (Wanton...).

Sidenote: Just as how 1.0 was Greenscale/Regulos, 1.1 was Regulos, and 1.2-1.5 was mostly Greenscale/Akylios, 1.6-1.10+ish should mostly be Maelforge and Laethys content. In fact, I believe we may see a Maelforge raid in either 1.7 or 1.8, then at least 2-3 patches regarding Laethys or Crucia.

Quote Originally Posted by Maeloda View Post
    Problem for them is whether they will actually keep at their word? ;) Just as the Endless/Abyssal alliance, I'm sure one side is working to betray the other (Golden Maw...), and the other side is using the first side just for their manpower and tools (Wanton...).
    It really can't end any way except in betrayal. Laethys and her followers wish to own everything in the world. Maelforge and his followers wish to burn and destroy everything in the world. You can't own what's been destroyed; that's why Crucia attacked Regulos in the first place, back during the Age of Dragons. In the end, either the Wanton will want to destroy what the Maw owns, or the Maw will get pissed at not being able to own the stuff the Wanton destroys, and the alliance will end.
    "I get up early. And I don't go to bed until I've made some very poor decisions."

*Antaeus, Defiant Kelari - Faeblight RP-PvE
    Now available: Telara, as seen through screenshots of varying quality.

+ Reply to Thread