+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Will we see a difference between the original Bahmi and the Human/Bahmi offpsring.

Default Will we see a difference between the original Bahmi and the Human/Bahmi offpsring.

But Bahmi's decision to aid Telara was also marked with tragedy. The placement of the Ward meant he and his companions would never be able to return to their homeland; despite this they stayed, and fought valiantly. With the Ward in place, and peace returned to Telara, Bahmi's people settled in the canyons, breeding with humans and forming a new race.
    So we know that the original Bahmi race entered into Telara from the Plane of Air and began to mix with the humans soon after, but are there any full-blooded Bahmi left or will we see only the mixed raced in-game? It would be interesting to see a few original Bahmi still living as a lore-rich comparison to what they used to be and what they are now. Also, are the pictures of the Bahmi we see in the 'Race' section, depictions of the Bahmi as they truly are or is that what they look like as human/Bahmi offspring?

And yes, the Bahmi are teh sexah. ;)

I think all players will be the result of humans and bahmi breeding, however I wouldn't rule out to meet a part of their group / clan that managed to keep their blood pure. Or well who knows maybe during the course of progressing / lvling through the game. Players manage to figure out a way to unlock the ward and experience the orginal bahmi in terms of a dungeon, region, alternative plane.

Regards,
    Kalbuir

The Bahmi from the Plane of Air are called Shalastiri. Unless referred to as such, it's probably one of the human/Shalastiri mixed breeds.

Maybe we'll see the original Shalastiri, I dunno. I don't think they've shown us any yet though.

My guess would be that we will be limited to playing the hybrids although I'd hope we could eventually come across the pures somewhere down the line, possibly in the form of an expansion/update as the lore begins to expand.

Rift Disciple

I really don't think we will be able to play a Shalastiri, theres probably none left alive for one thing. Another would be how powerful they would be.
    I can't see the devs cheapening the race in order to make them playable. I feel it would undermine the whole section of Lore that pertains to them.

just my 2 cents

"The Bahmi cover themselves in very intricate and magical tattoos called "sefir". The application of sefir is all that remains of the Bahmi's elemental heritage, and they recognize great accomplishments in a Bahmi's life." Quote from the Bahmi page, on the Rift site. From this we can tell that the Bahmi will not look too much like the Shalastiri. They have stated that you will encounter the Shalastiri, and guessing since they are from the plain of air most invasion forces from the plane of air will have Shalastiri in it. The Shalastiri will not be a playable race at the start of the game since all 6 playable races have already been released. They could add more races later, however they already have a hybrid Shalastiri so I would think they would add something different.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalbuir View Post
    I think all players will be the result of humans and bahmi breeding, however I wouldn't rule out to meet a part of their group / clan that managed to keep their blood pure. Or well who knows maybe during the course of progressing / lvling through the game. Players manage to figure out a way to unlock the ward and experience the orginal bahmi in terms of a dungeon, region, alternative plane.

Regards,
    Kalbuir
    I doubt it... I definitely think we'll be limited to playing the hybrids, and it change to the original Bahmi elemental form... I sure hope we can see them a NPCs thou... I'm curious on how they look like
    --------------------boom chicka wah waaaw--------------------

Ah if ever there is a lineage quest that lets you see the original lore timeline from the eyes of your ancestors, that would be a brilliant place to have the Shalastri visible. Then again, what does an air elemental look like? A tornado? A Judi Dench? A Robin Williams?

What could Trion do that would thrill us and make us salivate even more for the chance to play our own ancestor? Or maybe there is a travel form for the Bahmi that reflects this lost heritage? That would kind of rock too.
    "Strive for perfection - settle for excellence."
    "Yes way, Ted!"

+ Reply to Thread