+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Ember Isle Lore

Telaran

Default Ember Isle Lore

Thought y'all might enjoy this. Feel free to edit the page to make any corrections/additions.

http://rift.zam.com/wiki/Ember_Isle_Lore
    Bludwyng - ZAM Network Sr. Wikibase Administrator
    http://rifthead.com

Plane Walker

I loved reading all of this, thanks for the link, it gives insight of what is to come even if it might change a bit from the testing stage to the game.

One thing I noticed in this

The Campaign of Flame

Five mighty heroes came together and managed to bind Maelforge deep within the volcano of Mount Carcera Talos Roda, the Purifier; Karine, the Bard; Ula, the Reaver; Asias, the Cabalist, and Kamuzu, the Riftblade.[3][4]

is that I remember reading Kamuzu was a Chloromancer, not a Riftblader, unless what comes out as well is a chance for riftbladers to become chloromancers? which would be great to have all the callings opened up as well :)

and in this

In the chaos of that day, Anthousa's son, Jace, was left behind. He was captured by the Wanton and corrupted, later serving as Karris' right hand.[

with the newest little insight in Anthousa, it just feels that it was Jace's decision to stay, that he was already becoming 'corrupted' by Karris.

Quote Originally Posted by Mythue View Post
    is that I remember reading Kamuzu was a Chloromancer, not a Riftblader, unless what comes out as well is a chance for riftbladers to become chloromancers? which would be great to have all the callings opened up as well
    Correct. Kamuzu is the Chloromancer, and Nazim is the Riftblade. Moreover, Kamuzu is mentioned as fighting the Golden Maw in his biography; not the Wanton. Wonder if that's a mix-up.
    "I get up early. And I don't go to bed until I've made some very poor decisions."

*Antaeus, Defiant Kelari - Faeblight RP-PvE
    Now available: Telara, as seen through screenshots of varying quality.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Xerokine View Post
    Correct. Kamuzu is the Chloromancer, and Nazim is the Riftblade. Moreover, Kamuzu is mentioned as fighting the Golden Maw in his biography; not the Wanton. Wonder if that's a mix-up.
    Interesting, cuz I was looking at the book when I wrote that, but I will double-check it. Could be a simple typo on Trion's part that will be corrected before live. Thanks for catching it!

Telaran

You were right. the book text has changed and now says "Nazim, the Riftblade."

Plane Walker

We are going to get hit with a huge mass of lore in two weeks or so. Im really looking forward to it. Ember Isles is gonna go off!

Still cant decide who to take there first, my Guardian or my Defiant. Both sides look like they are gonna have such cool stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Bludwyng View Post
    You were right. the book text has changed and now says "Nazim, the Riftblade."
    *peers around suspiciously* Wonder if we're being watched.
    "I get up early. And I don't go to bed until I've made some very poor decisions."

*Antaeus, Defiant Kelari - Faeblight RP-PvE
    Now available: Telara, as seen through screenshots of varying quality.

Telaran

I am pretty sure SOME devs read this forum (missdoomcookie?) and am pretty sure that some devs are checking the Bugs (Rift) category over at ZAM as I have seen a few bugs that I forgot to report vanish in exactly the manner I mentioned they should. But, you never know, really.

Quote Originally Posted by Xerokine View Post
    *peers around suspiciously* Wonder if we're being watched.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bludwyng View Post
    I am pretty sure SOME devs read this forum (missdoomcookie?) and am pretty sure that some devs are checking the Bugs (Rift) category over at ZAM as I have seen a few bugs that I forgot to report vanish in exactly the manner I mentioned they should. But, you never know, really.
    They absolutely lurk the forums. Make your posts *count*!

And yeah the lore, as this is a new IP, is gonna be in flux. That's ok and I'll take that any day over WoW's lore problems.

+ Reply to Thread