+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Potential Spoilers about Leathys

Plane Walker

Default Potential Spoilers about Leathys

Ok, so I though that Leathys was stuck underneath a volcano. Then I was watching this again and I noticed this bit:

Note that this video has spoilers on the ember isle's lore.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bfri5...layer_embedded

4:10 - 4:25

O.O

Ok. Did I hear that right? Leathys is a chest of GOLD!?!?!

That sort of blew me a way. Perhaps Leathys isnt sealed inside a physical location after all but in a different physical form. Maybe she needs Mealforges aid to return to her original form.

I did hear that right didnt I?

Rift Disciple

What i heard is that they are CARRYING a Gold Chest....but i could hear wrong

Plane Walker

They said "a chest of gold - which is literally [Laethys] - being moved". This could be a lot of things. Did her imprisonment scatter her power in the form of gold, and it now needs to be recollected to free her; perhaps by throwing the coins into Charmer's Caldera?

This throws back to the original dungeon description for it:
    "The volcano’s insides are only accessible to veteran Ascended, who will encounter an even more dangerous landscape of jagged rocks and lava with a curious sheen of liquid gold. Crucia’s monstrous thralls patrol here, led by the huge gargoyle Gronik and his harpy brides. Worst of all, a Legion commander named Caelia is at the Caldera, and seems to be in high spirits despite the ongoing search for the Charmer’s Coil.

Perhaps this has something to do with the strange golden magma that flows within the volcano and pulses with intense magical energy. Arcane scholars know that Crucia and her sister Laethys are bitter rivals, so why would the discovery of so much magical gold please a high-ranking subject of the Storm Queen?"

This 'golden magma' is glowing out of the volcano. Out of the volcano. If it solidifies elsewhere, is mined, and made into gold coins... has Laethys' power been scattered out across the world? What does this say about those golden dragons eggs we saw not too long ago?
    Last edited by Xerokine; 10-29-2011 at 04:43 PM.
    "I get up early. And I don't go to bed until I've made some very poor decisions."

*Antaeus, Defiant Kelari - Faeblight RP-PvE
    Now available: Telara, as seen through screenshots of varying quality.

Plane Walker

I imagine now her dragon form returning to the element of gold.

To be fair, if you read about the Ethian followers of Laethys, one does mention that she will be like her god, "sheathed in radiance." Note, she's talking about being encased in molten gold.
    Quote Originally Posted by Foxcalibur View Post
    Verily, Maelforge did say, "Suffer all the bros to come at me!"

Yeah, that piece is canon.

So after the death world event we had Spoils of War filler event.

Even stranger, coins have been raining into both Sanctum and Meridian, inspiring unusual greed in the locals.
    We have information from that harpy quest giver that Laethys looks down from above. There's also the knowledge of her being wingless and so a prison up in the sky would make sense.

Look at this, [%NAME]! Mixed among the tainted coin there are more of these broken shells. This was surely sent by the Golden Dragon. But why would she part with so much wealth? Even if her goal is to gain more corrupt followers, this seems an extravagant expense.
    Then we have this strange information in OP, that a chest of gold being moved is literally Laethys.

So, did Laethys find some way, or post the Death event be allowed to/dare to, somehow embody herself as gold coins and literally fall to Telara to be collected by her cult? But why then fall on Sanctum and Meridian?

Could it be that those two places were close to ancient travel stones? We see in this event, the Wanton and Golden Maw transporting gold via these very travel stones. The heat of EI volcano or Maelforge himself is required to reform Laethys? A deal for him to reform her and for her to in return use her power over the earth to free him?

The mystery begins to unfold but becomes even more of a mystery.

Quote Originally Posted by View Post
    You obviously know nothing about Laethys, have you tried him?
    I don't log in anymore.

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Anuhart View Post
    So after the death world event we had Spoils of War filler event.

We have information from that harpy quest giver that Laethys looks down from above. There's also the knowledge of her being wingless and so a prison up in the sky would make sense.

Then we have this strange information in OP, that a chest of gold being moved is literally Laethys.

So, did Laethys find some way, or post the Death event be allowed to/dare to, somehow embody herself as gold coins and literally fall to Telara to be collected by her cult? But why then fall on Sanctum and Meridian?

Could it be that those two places were close to ancient travel stones? We see in this event, the Wanton and Golden Maw transporting gold via these very travel stones. The heat of EI volcano or Maelforge himself is required to reform Laethys? A deal for him to reform her and for her to in return use her power over the earth to free him?

The mystery begins to unfold but becomes even more of a mystery.
    One of the things I like about this game is how there is so much we dont quite know and how things we do know may turn out to not actually be the way we think they are after all.

That sense of Mystery really adds to the story and the sense of adventure in this game. You can get a real sense of discovery when pieces of the story fall into place.

Quote Originally Posted by Anuhart View Post
    That's actually a pretty good idea. But then why was she discovered in the Charmer's Caldera? And I think I read somewhere that the Charmer's Volcano was created in order to imprison Laethys. Perhaps the 'from above' thing is because the volcano towers above Shimmersand? And she could have rained down the coins like a volcanic eruption rains down ash and fire - she just rained down coins instead.

As for why Sanctum and Meridian, who knows. Maybe she just aimed for heavily populated areas where people could gather them together for her.
    "I get up early. And I don't go to bed until I've made some very poor decisions."

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Xerokine View Post
    That's actually a pretty good idea. But then why was she discovered in the Charmer's Caldera? And I think I read somewhere that the Charmer's Volcano was created in order to imprison Laethys. Perhaps the 'from above' thing is because the volcano towers above Shimmersand? And she could have rained down the coins like a volcanic eruption rains down ash and fire - she just rained down coins instead.

As for why Sanctum and Meridian, who knows. Maybe she just aimed for heavily populated areas where people could gather them together for her.
    Well her influence encourages hording. Another possibility is that the eth used her to power their factory (possibly unknowingly) and this gave her a chance to spread her power out of her prison. Not sure how that would tie into gold coins though since the place wasnt a mint.

I've also noticed that since 1.6, at the end of Charmer's Caldera as you approach Caelia the Stormtouched, she no longer says the dialogue referring to Laerthys being trapped in the volcano. Seems Trion may have retconned or somethin. =/ Shame I always looked forward to her dialogue. xD

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by LadyNazjar View Post
    I've also noticed that since 1.6, at the end of Charmer's Caldera as you approach Caelia the Stormtouched, she no longer says the dialogue referring to Laerthys being trapped in the volcano. Seems Trion may have retconned or somethin. =/ Shame I always looked forward to her dialogue. xD
    I cant help but feel Ive lost some part of this story somewhere. We know Leathys's situation now but I havent figured out yet how the hell she ended up in this situation. Was this how she was trapped in the first place or did she do this to get out of her prison? Or maybe did someone else do this to her?

I cant seem to find the answers

Soulwalker

I think one of the new dungeon say something about she being corpless and the Maw are trying to get her body back.

Here's the current timeline for Laethys:

1500 years ago, Laethys is defeated in the southern desert and locked in a secret prison.
    500 years ago, the Eth Convocation causes a volcano to erupt in Shimmersand. This volcano has golden lava.
    6 months ago, Caelia the Stormtouched discovers Laethys is imprisoned within the volcano.
    3-4 months ago, mysterious gold coins and gold dragon shells rained down from the sky.
    And currently, we know that the Golden Maw is shipping crates of gold coins around the world using the Travel Stones - they claim these coins are Laethys' body and that she will be reborn anew.

So, if I had to guess based on these facts, I would say that Laethys was originally imprisoned underground in Shimmersand. That the Convocation opened a crack in her prison, letting her 'seep' through in the form of molten gold. That once the Ascended defeated Caelia, the Golden Maw changed that molten gold into coins to be rained down upon the populace. And that they then collected those coins and are using them to recreate Laethys' body - now freed from it's prison.

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Xerokine View Post
    Here's the current timeline for Laethys:

1500 years ago, Laethys is defeated in the southern desert and locked in a secret prison.
    500 years ago, the Eth Convocation causes a volcano to erupt in Shimmersand. This volcano has golden lava.
    6 months ago, Caelia the Stormtouched discovers Laethys is imprisoned within the volcano.
    3-4 months ago, mysterious gold coins and gold dragon shells rained down from the sky.
    And currently, we know that the Golden Maw is shipping crates of gold coins around the world using the Travel Stones - they claim these coins are Laethys' body and that she will be reborn anew.

So, if I had to guess based on these facts, I would say that Laethys was originally imprisoned underground in Shimmersand. That the Convocation opened a crack in her prison, letting her 'seep' through in the form of molten gold. That once the Ascended defeated Caelia, the Golden Maw changed that molten gold into coins to be rained down upon the populace. And that they then collected those coins and are using them to recreate Laethys' body - now freed from it's prison.
    I think your right on the timeline. I just wish we had some way to conferm the steps. Its quite likely we may be facing both Laethys and Maelforge at the same time next (that could be an ugly battle).

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast