+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Is this new lore?

Plane Walker

Plane Walker

Pretty much. Interesting isnt it. I was gonna play Ember Isle on my Guardian first but I think Ill be heading out on my Kelari first instead.

A got to say it adds a good insight into Anthousa. I hope they can display at least a bit of that story in the quest on Ember Isle.

"It is not Kelari ever to kneel." Damn straight. Looks like I'm gonna be enjoying this a little bit. I have to say, reading that made me like Anthousa a bit more, after Sylver's made me dislike her. I guess Sylver represents the Kelari youth, who would be just as happy to replace all the 'spirit stuff' with magitech to get the same effect, while Anthousa represents the traditional ways of bonding with spirits and sharing power for mutual benefit. An interesting contrast.
    "I get up early. And I don't go to bed until I've made some very poor decisions."

*Antaeus, Defiant Kelari - Faeblight RP-PvE
    Now available: Telara, as seen through screenshots of varying quality.

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Xerokine View Post
    "It is not Kelari ever to kneel." Damn straight. Looks like I'm gonna be enjoying this a little bit. I have to say, reading that made me like Anthousa a bit more, after Sylver's made me dislike her. I guess Sylver represents the Kelari youth, who would be just as happy to replace all the 'spirit stuff' with magitech to get the same effect, while Anthousa represents the traditional ways of bonding with spirits and sharing power for mutual benefit. An interesting contrast.
    One of the things I like about Rift characters is often they are very multifacited. Ive found this true of quite a few their characters. Sometimes characters youd usually dislike you can grow to if not like atleast respect and empathise with.

Plane Walker

I wonder if she will regain her formal position, or if it is now her son that holds this, or another. I am still not quite sure what to think of her :)
    Last edited by Mythue; 10-29-2011 at 06:01 AM.

Plane Walker

Ember Isle will be a neutral zone, open to all?

RIFT Community Ambassador Morvick's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mythue View Post
    Ember Isle will be a neutral zone, open to all?
    It's got the Defiant quarter and the Guardian quarter, so yes, neutral in a manner of speaking.

Ember Isle is populated both with the Ancient Kelari, and with the "Farclan Dwarves", a people nearly as old to the island as the Elves -- these Dwarves in particular are keen to Bahralt and to an extent Thontic (which is the Guardian shoe-in to be trusted by them, like how the Icewatch worships Thedeor). You learn a great deal about how the world of Telara was actually created by the Gods, from the story and lore on this island.

A word of caution, though... don't go there on your new 50 when it releases. Bring a couple friends, it can get brutal (even in artificially-supplied T1 raid gear).
    Last edited by Morvick; 10-29-2011 at 06:56 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zinbik View Post
    I also made other enhancements to certain aspects of the game for various reasons.

Plane Walker

I found myself re-reading this lore of Anthousa, sunlight is her flame :) so is her healing that of a Purifier? she follows Talos Roda's ways? He is named a witch doctor, a shaman? and so I wonder is he an elf or a dwarf. If a dwarf would he be one of these Farclan dwarves.

as well.. when reading of fathers and sons in these other posts I wonder could Karris be Jace's father.

I found myself re-reading this lore of Anthousa, sunlight is her flame so is her healing that of a Purifier? she follows Talos Roda's ways? He is named a witch doctor, a shaman? and so I wonder is he an elf or a dwarf. If a dwarf would he be one of these Farclan dwarves.
    Talos is a Kelari elf. He's one of the Heroes who imprisoned Maelforge.
    "I get up early. And I don't go to bed until I've made some very poor decisions."

*Antaeus, Defiant Kelari - Faeblight RP-PvE
    Now available: Telara, as seen through screenshots of varying quality.

Plane Walker

I am in disgrace, with my Kelari character, for not remembering the first bard Karine mentioning Talos and Asias as her Kelari companions :) While in this state now though, I ask if you know who Asias is?
    Last edited by Mythue; 10-30-2011 at 05:10 AM.

Telaran

Default Asias the Cabalist

I am in disgrace, with my Kelari character, for not remembering the first bard Karine mentioning Talos and Asias as her Kelari companions While in this state now though, I ask if you know who Asias is?
    Asias was a Kelari Cabalist, one of the Five Heroes of the Campaign of Flame that imprisoned Maelforge.

http://rift.zam.com/wiki/Ember_Isle_Lore
    Bludwyng - ZAM Network Sr. Wikibase Administrator
    http://rifthead.com

Plane Walker

her five tones? :) there are a lot of fives in this game.
    Last edited by Mythue; 10-31-2011 at 05:32 PM.

Plane Walker

I loved the little story of Asias on the Website:

http://au.riftgame.com/en/classes/cleric/cabalist.php

Now thats style! I think the Dominator story is the only one I enjoyed more.

Plane Walker

and these seven words from the quote of the Chloromancer :)

"the cosmic secrets are open to all".
    Last edited by Mythue; 11-02-2011 at 09:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lutinz View Post
    I loved the little story of Asias on the Website:

http://au.riftgame.com/en/classes/cleric/cabalist.php

Now thats style! I think the Dominator story is the only one I enjoyed more.
    Nyx is one *scary* woman.
    Quote Originally Posted by Foxcalibur View Post
    Verily, Maelforge did say, "Suffer all the bros to come at me!"

Yeah, that piece is canon.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast