+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Lutinz

Thread: Just curious

Default Just curious

Now, I'm an ongoing Defiant hound who is starting to become a bit interested in the Guardian side. The lore has started to interest me.

I was more curious of the beautiful floating statue in the middle of the Sanctum main building. Is there a meaning behind it (as in story) or is it just a worshiping point for their Gods?

Please no bashing><'' I'm just an rp hound who loves lore.

Mikanori
    Quote Originally Posted by Sebb View Post
    I didn't think Plutonus knew such large words.
    Quote Originally Posted by ilex011 View Post
    Crucia's weird like that. She likes to mess with people's heads. Don't worry; you are not going crazy. ...or are you?

Plane Walker

Im not sure. I suspect it houses a very large Sourcestone.

The Guardians and the Vigil use Sourcestone in shrines to allow the Vigil to communicate and be present at those shrines. Considering that the location is the largest center of worship for the Vigil, you can expect a very big piece of consicrated sourcestone to be present.

The actual story/history of it though Im not certain of. Was it in the starting area? I vaguely remember a large floating stone similar to it in the church you start as a Guardian in.

RIFT Community Ambassador Talila's Avatar

As far as I know it has no story. But if you turn on Omen sight, you can see vigil's messengers flying around it (if its the same thing we're thinking of that is) so I suspect it may have something to do with communication to the gods or at least something god-related.
    When you keep in mind that the isle that Sanctum is build on was created by the vigil, the theory does definitely seem plausible.
    I went off to FFXIV. Here's my blog.

From http://www.riftgame.com/en/world/zones/sanctum.php

So long as we keep to the will of the gods, this ward of graven sourcestone will protect Sanctum from the dragons.
    So I imagine it's part of the ward that prevent rifts from spawning directly overhead, much like Meridian has their own protections.
    Eshlon@Greybriar

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Talila View Post
    When you keep in mind that the isle that Sanctum is build on was created by the vigil, the theory does definitely seem plausible.
    Part of me imagines the moment the isle rose from the water to be quite comical. There you have our favorite dwarven architect wondering along the coast then BOOM, a sodding great lump of rock rises from the waters...

The Vigil seems to have something of a sense of the dramatic some times.

Edit: Actually thats got me curious. We know that the Vault of Herecy lies under the Sanctum. Im wondering if the location of the Sanctum and the land its built on has some property that allows so many dangerous threats to be locked way or weither the vault could have been built anywhere. We have been putting some pretty dangerous stuff away in there.
    Last edited by Lutinz; 10-25-2011 at 09:49 PM.

RIFT Community Ambassador Talila's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lutinz View Post
    Part of me imagines the moment the isle rose from the water to be quite comical. There you have our favorite dwarven architect wondering along the coast then BOOM, a sodding great lump of rock rises from the waters...

The Vigil seems to have something of a sense of the dramatic some times.

Edit: Actually thats got me curious. We know that the Vault of Herecy lies under the Sanctum. Im wondering if the location of the Sanctum and the land its built on has some property that allows so many dangerous threats to be locked way or weither the vault could have been built anywhere. We have been putting some pretty dangerous stuff away in there.
    As far as I understood from the limited amount of information we have on the vault, it is a sort of "pocket" inbetween the planes, a place in some kind of void where they banish these mighty evil things to (and heretics) - thusly making it impossible to get out without getting summoned back in.
    I went off to FFXIV. Here's my blog.

Sword of Telara

It's basically the biggest wardstone on the planet.

Yeah, I suppose I am just more curious behind the story of it myself. Where it came from. How it was created. So forth and so on.

I also have always been curious as to is there a list of what gods there are and what they do and so forth.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sebb View Post
    I didn't think Plutonus knew such large words.
    Quote Originally Posted by ilex011 View Post
    Crucia's weird like that. She likes to mess with people's heads. Don't worry; you are not going crazy. ...or are you?

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Mikanori View Post
    Yeah, I suppose I am just more curious behind the story of it myself. Where it came from. How it was created. So forth and so on.

I also have always been curious as to is there a list of what gods there are and what they do and so forth.
    I dont think we really have any solid details on the floating stone. Most is just speculation.

As far as the Gods, thats alot easier.

Before I list, its worth pointing out that the term 'God' is pretty broad in this game. The Dragons are considered Gods.

1. The Vigil Gods
    The Vigil Gods are said to have made Telara. Originally they were worshipped and worked seperately. However the coming of the bloodstorm caused them to come together as the Vigil.

- Tarvil, the Land. This god embodies the physical form of Telara and all the life that dwells on it. Travil was originally worshiped primarily by the High Elves before becoming part of the Vigil.

- Bahvalt, the City. This is the god of prosperity, civilisation, craftsmanship and industry. Bahvalt was and still is worshipped by Dwarves who are said to have once been the spirits of invention that Bahvalt gave physical form too.

- Thedeor, the Sword. This is the god of Storms, Honor and Justice. He was popular among the Mathosians and still is particularly in Iron Pine Peak where the Icewatch still worship him exclusively.

- Thontic, the Sea. This is the god of Knowledge, Travel, Mystery and of course the sea. He is widely worshiped among Scholars and travellers.

- Mariel-Taun, The Heart. Mariel is the God of Mercy, Compassion, art and hearth. Currently we know the least about her except that she is popular with healers, artists and commonfolk.

These 5 Gods make up the Vigil and each plays a part in the Guardians beleifs. Its worth noting that many of them are still worshipped individually such as the Icewatch. These gods are about as high level as you can get. An interesting point is they are constant across all the timelines and are apparently aware of all the timelines.

2. The Bloodstorm Dragon Gods.

These 6 are pretty well covered in game. If youve done the zones you would have been made pretty fimilar with them. Im gonna assume you know them reasonably well at this point.

These are
    - Greenscale (who is dead now)
    - Akylios (who is also dead)
    - Mealforge
    - Crucia
    - Leathys
    - Regulos

I personally have a feeling that these 6 guys are infact proxies and not the really form of the Bloodstorm. Rather I think they are empowered versions of the last set of gods we know of...

3. The lesser gods.

We dont know much about these guys except they exist. They are a collection of powerful planar demons that never held the power of the Dragons. There is infact a book that lists them in game but it is now locked away underneath the sanctum in the vault of Heresy.

Interestingly, it was apparently possible to turn one of these lesser gods into a new Dragon God by simply pumping them full of the Motes released by the death of the dead Dragon Gods. This suggest that its possible that the current Dragon Gods started out the same way.

There may be more gods but currently we havent had them mentioned that I am aware of.

Also if you havent looked at it its worth poking around http://au.riftgame.com/en/world/

It has a fair few details.

Lutinz, I totally agree.

The Blood Storm Dragons are major in this area of Telara, but they are not the be-all-end-all of planar demonology ;). We'll see...

Anyway, I hope the statue gets explained at some point.

+ Reply to Thread