+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Xiloscient
  • 1 Post By Xerokine

Thread: Asking about RoS Lore

Default Asking about RoS Lore

People asked about the RoS Lore, so in our guilds alt run of RoS I decided to take some Screenshots and post them so you guys can see the dialogue with Asha, Cyril, Regulos, and Alsbeth. I boosted the in game fonts to the max and cut out any names or other chat that was going on so it looks a little goofy, but all the dialogue among NPCs is there.

The first Screenshot is immediately following Plutonus' death. The fight centers around this large artifact in the center of the room that periodically casts 'Shocking Cipher' on the raid. The dialogue starts with Asha examining the artifact.

http://a8.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphot...80165664_n.jpg

The second Screenshot is when Alsbeth is brought to her final phase in her encounter.Appears she taps into the soulstream.

http://a5.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphot...35770960_n.jpg

And the last Screenshot is the dialogue that Regulos gives once Alsbeth dies.

http://a3.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphot...16788480_n.jpg

Sorry its hard to see but I dont know a better way to do it.

May need to download the photos and blow them up yourself to see some of the text, again, sorry, ill try harder in the future :P

(I'll include all the text here anyways)

#1 (A = Asha, C = Cyril - Just killed Plutonus, Asha and Cyril approach)

A:Excellent work, Defiant! With the Dark Architect dead, the magic protecting this device is fading. We can begin our analysis immediately. Fascinating... This machine is scanning the entire Soulsteam. (Trion Typo) Specific souls are being identified and sorted. This device would have allowed the endless to fish out any soul they wish!

C: Step away from that foul machine, Asha!

A: Thiis (Another typo) soul cipher can be turned against Regulos. We can use it to resurrect more heroic souls. We can ascend those who've been lost to us!

C: It is not for us to decide that! We have all lost someone in this apocalypse, but to return them as a monster? Blasphemy!

A: We could resurrect Zareph, Cyril. Our king could be returned.

C: Zareph... You would tempt me with my liege, my king, my friend? No... There has already been the miracle of Ascension. It is not for the likes of us to repeat.

A: He was the best of us, Cyril. What is the logic in keeping the most powerful soul in the history of Telera lost in the Soulstream?

C: What gives you the right to play god? No, Asha, I will not fall to this temptation. The Vigil has shown me the path. I will not deviate from iit (Proofread your **** Trion!). Not even for Zareph.

A: Then you walk as a blind fool! Thiis (second grade stuff here Trion...) is exactly why you and your gods will fail, Cyril. You abandon this opportunity out of ignorance.

C: Look around you Asha! Is your ego so great you cannot see where this all leads? You would damn Zareph to an eternity as an abomination? I would rather be blind in the light of the Vigil than to stumble in the darkness you have chosen. By the Vigil, I purge this evil from the Soulstream!

(Cyril then breaks the Soul Cipher mechanism)

A: And one more hope for Telara falls.

C: Take your heretics and leave this place, Asha!

A: No, Cyril. We choose to stay. There is still work to be done here, and if you will not get out of our way, then I will make you.

(At this point Cyril becomes attackable and you can take some swings at him, but it doesn't make a difference, it's all scripted and Asha kicks him into a portal where he is then teleported away. )

A: That should buy you the time you need. Find Alsbeth, Defiants. Today we finish where the gods have failed!

#2 (A=Alsbeth R=Regulos - Again, this is where Alsbeth is dropped to 20%, heals all the way back up to full, then starts her final phase.)

A: Regulos, grant me strength!

R: No Alsbeth, you have failed me for the last time. I will find a more worthy servant.

A: Damn you Regulos! I will draw the power of the Soul Stream myself! (She heals when she taps the power here)

A: Such Power!

#3 (R=Regulos - This is after Alsbeth dies)

R: I will enjoy devouring her soul. I will savor in her torment for a thousand years.

R: Do you feel that this was a victory, Ascended? You achieve nothing.

R: Alsbeth played her part well. She has kept you busy for longer than I expected.

R: But you have been my most valued lackey, Ascended. I suspect you will be for years to come!

R: Now struggle against my treacherous siblings! Keep your little world safe, as my prize.

R: Fight your battles, Ascended. But know that every step on your road to victory is a step closer to my return!

Lot of goodies to be drawn from that!
    Last edited by Xiloscient; 10-23-2011 at 09:39 PM.
    Conqueror of GSB - Conqueror of RoS - 4/4 DH - 4/4 GP- 8/11HK

Thank you for posting this!

In this case I'm more than happy to read the 'spoilers', since my guild is also very close to downing RoS *shakes fist at the Herald*
    Screenshot blog with pretty pictures:
    roll one hundred
    Argent: Tiede, Tua <Critical Failure>

Plane Walker

Thanks heaps for posting this. Its a fasinating read.

Im gonna have to think about this a bit. What Regulos says could have interesting implications. Particularly the part about Alsbeth just being a distraction.
    Last edited by Lutinz; 10-23-2011 at 10:48 PM.

Rift Chaser

Also to let you know,

if you stick around for a few minutes after Alsbeth dies, you will see an image of Orphiel Farwind appear, and he has a dialogue also, as he walks around inspecting the Soul Stream device where you fight Alsbeth.

Asono, Guild Leader / Main Tank of <Chaos Legion>
    4/4 River of Souls / 5/5 Greenscale's Blight / 10/11 Hammerknell

Someone should post the guardian equivalent of the Asha and Cyril encounter, it has been bugging me wondering what they say for some time now.

IonCannon@Deepwood
    2 sugoi 4 u

Regulos is pitting everyone against everyone. It's how he originally won, in the Terminus timeline.

(Who knows what Crucia is up to though)

With the new Defiant Ascended however, he must also pit Defiant vs. Guardian (instead of the Guardians steamrolling over Meridian).

He THINKS this is a good thing, but in reality, their competition is like a sort of arms race, and a great thing for Telara in the long run (the only downside being the casualties in the faction conflict...).

The Guardians will be on guard a LOT more than they would otherwise, and we see evidence of this already. They send people to Shimmersand just because the Defiants are trying to make deals with people there, they expand into territories just to confront the Defiant, and they are granted more powers by the Vigil because they are actually doing their damn jobs and saving Telara.

The Defiant on the other hand are actually able to develop their technologies, make their faction known to Telara (especially Freemarch, Shimmersand, Mathos, etc basically everywhere but Silverwood and Gloamwood) and spread the word that magitech CAN be valid against the cults and dragons, develop into a more militaristic presence and directly fight the cults where the Guardians otherwise would not, and learn much more about Telara's nature than the Guardians would wish to know.

They're both gaining, in the long run.

So yeah, while Regulos is so sure of himself that Guardians and Defiants will blow each other up, we know this will not be the case (this is an MMO after all), and the factions will simply rise to the occasion and defeat him. The Guardians will eventually be granted the most powerful skills of the Vigil, and the Defiants will use magitech to its pinnacle of advancement, both to shut down Regulos.

But for now, he can gloat ;). We can be pretty sure that he is just a collection of supremely corrupt death energy, and will disperse like all the other dragons, and the Ascended of both factions move on to bigger and better things.

Prophet of Telara

Mmm, no, not so much. Regulos' plan pretty clearly involves us defeating the forms of the other dragons, banishing them back behind the ward with Regulos himself. What he's doing there is anyone's guess, but probably trying to corrupt/kill for real the other dragons, or form some sort of coalition again to combine their might. But he's definitely doing something with 'em.

Quote Originally Posted by MrFunsocks View Post
    Mmm, no, not so much. Regulos' plan pretty clearly involves us defeating the forms of the other dragons, banishing them back behind the ward with Regulos himself. What he's doing there is anyone's guess, but probably trying to corrupt/kill for real the other dragons, or form some sort of coalition again to combine their might. But he's definitely doing something with 'em.
    I wouldn't think that's his original plan though. I think it goes:

Plan A - Guardians win against Defiants, lose against dragons, and since the Court is furthest ahead in its plans, they overwhelm the Guardians and the Terminus future is created. Up until the last failsafe moment, *Regulos already wins*. *He gets through the Ward anyway*.

Plan B - Guardians struggle against Defiants. Both factions at stalemate overall. Both also have to redirect their efforts towards the other dragons. Defiants now have Ascended and do this just as well as the Guardians. Since the dragons are clearly set to be disposed of by the Ascended, the things you mentioned may be happening. However, it could also be the case that when the dragons die, its just their energy that gets dispersed (and the 'dragon' itself is truly dead and gone). In whatever case, Regulos' competition is out of the way, and he can focus on fracturing the Guardians and Defiants so that he can actually defeat them with the Court, eventually leading to the result of Plan A

I think above all else, Regulos is supremely over-confident in himself. He will plan and scheme, but over everything else, he destroys an overwhelms. Since now he can't destroy and overwhelm, he'll do with the plan B (plan and scheme, while I guess attacking Sanctum at the same time with Kain lol).

My point is that..... Regulos kind of owns the game here. He can win now, he can win later, he can wait another thousand years if he REALLY has to, and still win.

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.ph.../XanatosGambit

Even though he lost in the Blood Storm War, he won in the Terminus future. Since that isn't going to happen in our timeline, he'll use Alsbeth to weaken Telara and open a rift to let him through. Since she failed at that in Port Scion, and later in Stillmoor, and even later in River of Souls, then she is useless to him an disposable - he'll move onto allowing the other dragons to be killed, so that their cultists are weakened and the Court can run supreme without opposition from the other cults.

Each subsequent 'plan change' is increasingly sucky for Regulos, but he can still CLEARLY win. This is why he is so confident. Crucia may later be shown to have a massive overarching plan, but Regulos seems to have the 'Xanatos Gambit', allowing him to still own the game that everyone is playing.

Finally - Regulos embodies DEATH. It is coming now, or it is coming later. No matter what, it is coming. If you've staved off death for now, it can still come to you through a variety of methods. For Regulos, killing the other dragons only strengthens his position on Telara, and weakens the Aelfwar, Abyssal, etc. It also likely weakens the Ward through the explosion of planar energy the dragons' deaths unleash, and makes things easier for Regulos in most ways.
    Last edited by Maeloda; 10-26-2011 at 10:00 PM.

Plane Walker

The thing that I keep thinking about is we arent banishing the Dragons. We are killing them. Infact considering there are peices of Regulos lying around telara, it may be that Regulos is the only dragon that survived losing a body.

To things that Regulos says that stand out to me was that Alsbeth was to keep us occuped, implying there was something else that he didnt want us getting in the way of, and secondly, he wants us to kill off his 'traitorious Siblings'.

Im getting more and more convinced that the Dragons are mirely tools of the real Bloodstorm that it/they lost control of. Only Regulos has stayed true to their original intentions (and probably has their backing). This could mean that the Bloodstorm actually want us to get rid of the other Dragons cause they are in the way, stopping the bloodstorm from continuing. Ironicly by killing the Dragons we could be exposing us to something far worse.

Im expecting Maelforge and Leathys to go down next. I expect Crucia to be the last of the 'Traitors' for us to chase down. Ill be interested if this develops further over the course of their deaths and if we get any more hints.

Quote Originally Posted by Lutinz View Post
    The thing that I keep thinking about is we arent banishing the Dragons. We are killing them. Infact considering there are peices of Regulos lying around telara, it may be that Regulos is the only dragon that survived losing a body.

To things that Regulos says that stand out to me was that Alsbeth was to keep us occuped, implying there was something else that he didnt want us getting in the way of, and secondly, he wants us to kill off his 'traitorious Siblings'.

Im getting more and more convinced that the Dragons are mirely tools of the real Bloodstorm that it/they lost control of. Only Regulos has stayed true to their original intentions (and probably has their backing). This could mean that the Bloodstorm actually want us to get rid of the other Dragons cause they are in the way, stopping the bloodstorm from continuing. Ironicly by killing the Dragons we could be exposing us to something far worse.

Im expecting Maelforge and Leathys to go down next. I expect Crucia to be the last of the 'Traitors' for us to chase down. Ill be interested if this develops further over the course of their deaths and if we get any more hints.
    That's very interesting. At first I thought we were banishing them, but not really any more.

I think once we really understand what 'Bloodstorm' means, we'll have a better grasp on what these dragons are, and what role corruption has in the planes.

EDIT: And I agree. It does at least seem that we'll kill Maelforge next, then Laethys. This will lead to the Storm Legion and Crucia, and finally the Court will take front-stage again (hopefully with Aedraxis involved!) and the next frontier may hopefully be hinted on, or more.
    Last edited by Maeloda; 10-26-2011 at 11:01 PM.

I imagine Regulos is really just waiting for us to do something about Crucia. She's the only dragon capable of defeating him, claw to claw, and her cult is just as expansive and disposable as his. Not to mention how she seems to be in the same position as he is - while Regulos sat outside the Ward, raging impotently while he waited for it to crack open, Crucia has been awake and protected inside her 'prison', slowly extending her influence throughout Telara. She is probably his greatest obstacle right now between him and Telara's destruction. I'm kinda curious as to how he defeated her in the Terminus timeline, or if he did.
    "I get up early. And I don't go to bed until I've made some very poor decisions."

*Antaeus, Defiant Kelari - Faeblight RP-PvE
    Now available: Telara, as seen through screenshots of varying quality.

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Xerokine View Post
    I imagine Regulos is really just waiting for us to do something about Crucia. She's the only dragon capable of defeating him, claw to claw, and her cult is just as expansive and disposable as his. Not to mention how she seems to be in the same position as he is - while Regulos sat outside the Ward, raging impotently while he waited for it to crack open, Crucia has been awake and protected inside her 'prison', slowly extending her influence throughout Telara. She is probably his greatest obstacle right now between him and Telara's destruction. I'm kinda curious as to how he defeated her in the Terminus timeline, or if he did.
    Ive been thinking that about Crucia too. She is clearly a Dragon with brains. It would make sense that Regulos and perhaps the real bloodstorm are being held at bay but not just our side but also by the Dragons that dont want to see Telara destroyed. From his dialog I get the feeling that Regulos is just sitting back and positioning his chess peices while the rest of the Dragons die.

Soulwalker

Default Guardian Version

Quote Originally Posted by IonCannon View Post
    Someone should post the guardian equivalent of the Asha and Cyril encounter, it has been bugging me wondering what they say for some time now.
    The only real difference is that Cyril punts Asha instead of the other way around.

+ Reply to Thread