+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Just need some quick questions answered

Rift Disciple

Default Just need some quick questions answered

I want to write a fan-fic in my own time, based on one of my characters Ascending, and basically doing the starter area of the Guardians.

Though, it's been a while since I read up on the lore. So there's a few things I want to clarify.

The people that Ascended, did all die at a specific time? As in when they're fighting in Mathosia, and confronted Aedraxis. Where they normal then, or were they ascended? Also, did were they old heroes, or just normal soldiers/fighters who fought against Regulos? If they died long long before, how many years do you think it would have been, give or take?

Also, after the Shade of Regulos was destroyed in MAthosia by Cyril and co. what happened to the ascended? Did they die, and was brought back again, years later to help against the Defiants?

That's all really! Thanks all.

Quote Originally Posted by Oktai View Post
    I want to write a fan-fic in my own time, based on one of my characters Ascending, and basically doing the starter area of the Guardians.

Though, it's been a while since I read up on the lore. So there's a few things I want to clarify.

The people that Ascended, did all die at a specific time? As in when they're fighting in Mathosia, and confronted Aedraxis. Where they normal then, or were they ascended? Also, did were they old heroes, or just normal soldiers/fighters who fought against Regulos? If they died long long before, how many years do you think it would have been, give or take?

Also, after the Shade of Regulos was destroyed in MAthosia by Cyril and co. what happened to the ascended? Did they die, and was brought back again, years later to help against the Defiants?

That's all really! Thanks all.
    1)The Ascended YOU play as, as a Guardian, all come from a specific time (the Mathosian Civil War). This does not count out other possible Ascended from other times in the past (it has to be before 'present' time), but as the player character, you have a defined time you come from.

2)They were normal during the Civil War facing Aedraxis, but still a notable hero in some way or another, bringing the Vigil's attention onto them. Somewhere between Cyril and a simple footsoldier/guard. They/you then died along with MANY others (though not all) when Aedraxis released the Shade of Regulos through a rift. Your game starts with you coming back from the dead as an Ascended, with Cyril/Borrin/Shyla/etc leading the army.

Other Ascended could have arrived to Telara in the present-time, but they would be specific cases. Just as how as a Defiant, you're pretty much all from the failsafe from the Terminus future, but there are specific 'ascended' brought back by Orphiel like Asha, Kira. Though in that case, they probably don't have soul attunement skills etc.

3)It's not absolutely sure what happened, but I think you may have died again when the Shade was destroyed, but were reconstituted in time for the present day. I think Shyla/Borrin/Cyril/etc all survived. They joined Prince Zareph to focus on Port Scion (along with the beginnings of Orphiel's Defiant faction, and later the resurrected Asha, but no Kelari yet!), and then the Guardian leaders headed to found Sanctum shortly after Port Scion fell. I imagine that after the fall of Mathosia, the Guardian leaders were ragged and worn enough that they were 'kinda ok' with Zareph wishing no harm come to Orphiel, but there was always disagreements. The fall of Port Scion was the final schism that made sure that no reconciliation could be made, thanks to the work of Alsbeth the Discordant.

The Ascended player character arrives once the initial faction leader Ascended have founded Sanctum, are starting to establish a foothold onto Silverwood and find opposition in the local goblins and Aelfwar, and have launched an assault onto Meridian which is foiled when the Defiants blow up the Port Scion bridge. You're part of an army of Ascended, brought back to the world for some still somewhat unknown reason.

Rift Disciple

That's great thank you!

Edit: Found it! Thanks anwyays!
    Last edited by Oktai; 10-21-2011 at 06:42 PM.

+ Reply to Thread