+ Reply to Thread

Thread: How much time in Telara has passed since the start of the game?

Sword of Telara

Default How much time in Telara has passed since the start of the game?

Sparked by a Kelari questgiver on the Ember Isle:

"Though it has only been a few years since the Kelari left Ember Isle, much has changed here. For example, there now appear to be Travel Stones on the island, just like the ones that appeared on the mainland after Akylios died."

Just how long has it been since Port Scion fell? Unless I'm remembering Kelari Refuge wrong, wasn't the Kelari exodus really recent?

RIFT Community Ambassador Morvick's Avatar

Guardians started the game 20 years ago. Defiants start the game 20 years into the future.
    Port Scion fell about 1 or 2 years ago from the present (non-starter Zones). I could be wrong; it might be even more recent than that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zinbik View Post
    I also made other enhancements to certain aspects of the game for various reasons.

Several months tops. (if you're counting the 'start' to be your arrival at the Ark of the Ascended or Divine Landing).

Plane Walker

it feels longer to me, I don't know why, maybe only because as a Kelari, so much has been learnt through the quests and though the Eth and Bahmi, that might have taken more time to learn?

edit: or never mind this maybe we learn much through the souls
    Last edited by Mythue; 10-21-2011 at 07:42 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Morvick View Post
    Guardians started the game 20 years ago. Defiants start the game 20 years into the future.
    Port Scion fell about 1 or 2 years ago from the present (non-starter Zones). I could be wrong; it might be even more recent than that.
    Port Scion fell the week before your character appears at the Ark or the Landing. It's said explicitly by one of the NPCs on the Guardian side of the bridge.

The Kelari Exodus was not related to Port Scion, though; after the Shade 20 years ago is when their spirits started to become killed or corrupted by the Abyssal ones, and when many Kelari fell to madness. I would say they probably fled over the ocean 2-3 years ago, based on that NPC you mention.

As far as the state of the Refuge, keep in mind two things - one, many Kelari died in the Exodus, when the oceans were called 'impassable' due to the waves and storms. It wasn't a very successful voyage. And two, the Kelari have been using their spirits for pretty much everything for the past thousand years. The spirits have been their form of technology, basically - without them, they're in the same situation as modern people would be if you dumped them on an island with nothing. So the Refuge was built by people who have no idea how to build anything by hand.
    "I get up early. And I don't go to bed until I've made some very poor decisions."

*Antaeus, Defiant Kelari - Faeblight RP-PvE
    Now available: Telara, as seen through screenshots of varying quality.

Rift Chaser

7 months...

RIFT Community Ambassador Morvick's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kelleton View Post
    7 months...
    Oh...
    Quote Originally Posted by Zinbik View Post
    I also made other enhancements to certain aspects of the game for various reasons.

+ Reply to Thread