+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: The Adrianna Weaver quests...

RIFT Community Ambassador the_real_seebs's Avatar

Default The Adrianna Weaver quests...

This is... wow. When I ran into her in Stonefield, I thought it was the coolest thing ever, sort of a reference back to events from a previous zone. I'm now doing stuff for the parts of this story in Stillmoor.

This is really amazing. This is probably the most fun I've ever had with a quest chain as such in an MMO. The story is convincing. The character development works for me. And it really does a LOT to create a sense that I'm interacting with a world in which things happened before I got here, and continue to happen now.

Also. Quest where you get to choose between solving a puzzle and fighting something? Best quest ever. I have always wanted an MMO quest to offer a genuine choice of how to solve a problem.
    You can play WoW in any MMO. You don't have to play WoW in RIFT. Oh, and no, RIFT is not a WoW clone. Not having fun any more? Learn to play, noob! I don't speak for Riftui, but I moderate stuff there. Just came back? Welcome back! Here's what's changed. (Updated for 2.5!)

Sword of Telara

"Man, I can't find these damn trinkets! I'll just kick his ***!"

*30 seconds later, while running back*

"Stupid ancient guardians... gotta have backup..."

Ascendant

agree on the quest where you choose to fight or solve the puzzle, I chose to solve the puzzle and had a lot of fun doing it

haven't got to most of the quests on stillmore your but looking forward to it

aaahhhh so much to do at 50 and so little time to do it in

Love it

edit: @ terram LOL ...Tee Hee Hee ...... ROLF
    Last edited by Glamour; 10-17-2011 at 06:32 PM.

Plane Walker

If you havent done it yet the Kira and Urial quest chain is also very good. If you pay attention from the start you really get to see the evolution of the two characters and their relationship.

RIFT Community Ambassador the_real_seebs's Avatar

Yeah, I know. The K&U chain is easier to miss parts of, but I think I'm just about caught up. I ran into them in IPP. Currently doing Stillmoor.
    You can play WoW in any MMO. You don't have to play WoW in RIFT. Oh, and no, RIFT is not a WoW clone. Not having fun any more? Learn to play, noob! I don't speak for Riftui, but I moderate stuff there. Just came back? Welcome back! Here's what's changed. (Updated for 2.5!)

Plane Walker

There are small quests in Moonshade and Scarwood that are easy to miss too. Pretty much if they turn up anywhere in a zone they tend to have a related quest there.

I'm with you on this. I loved this quest line on all of my toons. I made sure for a fact to pick them up and do them. I will have to say out of everything I like about RIFT the fact that you interact with more than just the main story line is my favorite thing. : ) Thanks for bringing it up!

Mikanori
    Quote Originally Posted by Sebb View Post
    I didn't think Plutonus knew such large words.
    Quote Originally Posted by ilex011 View Post
    Crucia's weird like that. She likes to mess with people's heads. Don't worry; you are not going crazy. ...or are you?

Ascendant

Yep, I love these quests too.

2 of my characters have the 'sneak' trinket now, and one is privileged to have the recall to unseen base item.

I did the K&U questline with one member so far, to the point of Faceless man taking her back to Meridian or something, but haven't run into more from it.

Plane Walker

I believe the Urial and Kira story continues in the short story series.

http://au.riftgame.com/en/world/fiction/

The character story quests in Rift are all really well done. The Scotty one disappointed me somewhat. I felt we didnt really have enough interaction with him to really get to know him.

The Kain one was good though. It didnt get as deep in personal character development as the Defiant ones but you really felt for the officers of the 12th at the end of the chain. There was a real sense of tragedy. I really hope we see them again at some point.

I'm liking them! This is how questing should be:
    1)Good story and character development
    2)Interaction with the world, in narrative, immersion, and gameplay
    3)BALANCE between showing and telling and doing. (showing = cutscenes, telling = text boxes, doing = fighting and puzzling and exploring etc).

I've only done the Freemarch quest, and the parts of the questline in Stonefield and Scarlet Gorge though. My Defiant is now in Scarwood.

It is honestly how most of the questing in the game should have been. There is NO NEED for 'kill 10 quests'. Why? Because we kill them *regardless*. Immerse us in the world, and otherwise we'll grind mobs if we want to grind mobs.

The very recent change to give 'tokens' when killing zone mobs, which grant reputation, should have been there in the first place, except granting some bonus exp as well, and the kill quests should have just not existed.

Anyway, I already like Weaver and I was always curious about her, after running into her with my Guardian in Redoubt! I already care about what happens to her, and what her role in Telara is. I feel like my character played a damn good role in changing her as a person, as well as assisting Telara in healing.

Only criticism is that her voice acting isn't very good, when I see that thing with her husband in Freemarch. Isn't authentic sounding enough, and should be devoiced imo. Otherwise, so far it is one of the best questlines I've seen in the game and I can't wait to continue it

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Chaszar View Post
    Yep, I love these quests too.

2 of my characters have the 'sneak' trinket now, and one is privileged to have the recall to unseen base item.

I did the K&U questline with one member so far, to the point of Faceless man taking her back to Meridian or something, but haven't run into more from it.
    That is the end of that quest "chain". Notably you may have still missed quests you can go back to finish. The one I think most people miss is in Moonshade, from the hub south of Reclaimer's Hold (where Uriel is). Eventually that hub will send you to a tower for an unrelated reason, where you can pick up a quest from a letter stuck to the wall (the letter cannot be interacted with prior to that hub sending you to the tower).

The Weaver and U&K quest lines are some of my favourite in any MMO I've ever played, they are nicely spaced out and give you a sense of time and scale of your journey. Most MMOs you can't really tell how long it took your character to get from noob to elite, but these quests give the idea that it took months, if not years to reach the top-end, no matter how much real world time it took.

Personally I like the Weaver quest line more then U&K even if U&K is the better technical chain, Weaver is a story of someone over-coming their disadvantages and reaching new heights, U&K is a tragedy, and frankly we get enough of that in movies, TVs, books, etc. It's the new big "thing", nothing can be "serious" unless it's dark and gritty and no-one is ever happy, and those sort of stories generally need a Dues Ex in order to resolve.

With stories like the Weaver chain you get to see someone pulling themselves up, with a little help from you, and triumphing in the end due to their own hard work, not some magic plot wand that summoned something to solve everything.

Telaran

Default Kira & Uriel

Quote Originally Posted by Lutinz View Post
    If you havent done it yet the Kira and Urial quest chain is also very good. If you pay attention from the start you really get to see the evolution of the two characters and their relationship.
    Since it was mentioned I thought I would post this link again. For those that have not seen it.

http://rift.zam.com/wiki/Kira_Thanos...un_(Rift_Lore)
    Last edited by Bludwyng; 10-30-2011 at 07:14 AM.
    Bludwyng - ZAM Network Sr. Wikibase Administrator
    http://rifthead.com

I agree. I really didn't bond much or pay attention to past characters until her story.
    I also found it very touching in the Scarlet Gorge quest that takes you back to Freemarch, where she says goodbye to her teacher and learns to re-route her path. Very good writing there.

Quote Originally Posted by the_real_seebs View Post
    This is... wow. When I ran into her in Stonefield, I thought it was the coolest thing ever, sort of a reference back to events from a previous zone. I'm now doing stuff for the parts of this story in Stillmoor.

This is really amazing. This is probably the most fun I've ever had with a quest chain as such in an MMO. The story is convincing. The character development works for me. And it really does a LOT to create a sense that I'm interacting with a world in which things happened before I got here, and continue to happen now.

Also. Quest where you get to choose between solving a puzzle and fighting something? Best quest ever. I have always wanted an MMO quest to offer a genuine choice of how to solve a problem.
    Nicolettea
    Deepwood

Quote Originally Posted by Uralia View Post
    I agree. I really didn't bond much or pay attention to past characters until her story.
    I also found it very touching in the Scarlet Gorge quest that takes you back to Freemarch, where she says goodbye to her teacher and learns to re-route her path. Very good writing there.
    Totally. I want to see more with her, or related content. It personalizes the Defiants to even a Guardian player, more than any other Defiant questline so far has done.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast