+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Mythue

Thread: A link that has questions and answers from the Lore Team

Plane Walker

Default A link that has questions and answers from the Lore Team

I am not sure if this have been posted in this section or not and I believe there is another set of these as well.

http://riftrp.net/index.php?PHPSESSI...4&topic=1955.0

Plane Walker

RIFT Community Ambassador Morvick's Avatar

That was good stuff. Thanks for linking those.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zinbik View Post
    I also made other enhancements to certain aspects of the game for various reasons.

Plane Walker

I would love for another one of these to be submitted

and a question I would ask or love to know is if Telara was created another way or if it was truly formed by what the elves say

http://www.riftgame.com/en/world/history/bloodstorm.php

Quote Originally Posted by Mythue View Post
    I would love for another one of these to be submitted

and a question I would ask or love to know is if Telara was created another way or if it was truly formed by what the elves say

http://www.riftgame.com/en/world/history/bloodstorm.php
    "There is only sourcestone. That which does not touch sourcestone, is not. Only sourcestone shapes the shapeless, materializes the immaterial, expresses elemental energy as tangible places and things.

At a nexus of the elemental planes, the gods found a great mass of sourcestone, which they shaped into a world and named Telara. As a blacksmith hammers steel upon an anvil, the gods shaped elemental energy against the sourcestone. They made the mountains and the seas, the teeming woods, the birds wheeling in the sky, and the death that creeps after all that is."

I'm imagining that's the case. It's the only account of the actual creation of Telara. Much like the Mathosian history; only the king Jostir tells it in full. There could easily be other, smaller and lesser, worlds out there run by their own clutch of Gods. The question is, was it these five Vigil gods at the beginning (as I strongly believe), or could it have been a wider cast of characters who made Telara in the beginning, but only The Five saw fit to rule and protect it, casting the others away as either corrupt, narrow-sighted, or incapable? Wouldn't it be something to find a whole planet of sourcestone, perhaps the size of our Moon, that was saturated with a single Plane?

Telara was created to have a balance of all six planes, then "Saved As" by putting the Ward up to hopefully prevent further tampering (i.e., Corruption) by the Planes. But what if there was a world created by a being more powerful than Laethys or Crucia, one that was all Earth or Air respectively? A molten Fire world created by Maelforge's master (speculation), or a dark and deep ice world where Akylios is considered the small fish.

The possibilities are so boundless. =]
    Last edited by Morvick; 10-12-2011 at 08:55 AM.
    I also made other enhancements to certain aspects of the game for various reasons.

What I found is on the website, Telara is unique in that it was constructed from sourcestone. A priceless gem among worlds. Why is a world constructed of sourcestone so unique, if sourcestone is the origin of all matter? Telarans only know of sourcestone and its various incarnates, I wonder what other worlds are made of...
    Quote Originally Posted by Foxcalibur View Post
    Verily, Maelforge did say, "Suffer all the bros to come at me!"

Yeah, that piece is canon.

Quote Originally Posted by Meharial View Post
    What I found is on the website, Telara is unique in that it was constructed from sourcestone. A priceless gem among worlds. Why is a world constructed of sourcestone so unique, if sourcestone is the origin of all matter? Telarans only know of sourcestone and its various incarnates, I wonder what other worlds are made of...
    I think it was because this chunk of sourcestone was so large (planet sized versus... moon sized?), and because it was positioned in the "Goldilocks Zone" of the Planes -- just close enough to all of them to not be dominated by any of them. The "nexus of the planes" is the exact term used to describe Telara's location in the universe. Basically the Gods had everything nearby that they'd need to create the perfect world, and with so much sourcestone in one place it easily allowed them to shape it as they wanted.

I think that's what makes it so special, and such the prize (because the Dragons potentially want to invade the other Planes, Telara is the perfect staging ground or place to rule from).
    Last edited by Morvick; 10-12-2011 at 10:40 PM.

Plane Walker

"The question is, was it these five Vigil gods at the beginning"

yes, more so this question, than that of sourcestone, wondering if it is the Elves perception only of what occurred. And what of the Dwarves perception, were they there at the dawn as well? and when was this dawn were there others on Telara before the elfs and dwarves.

And in the overview of the history, it says only Telara was constructed entirely of sourcestone, yet the Elves say, there is only sourcestone.

Plane Walker

so boundless, yes

"Telarans only know of sourcestone and its various incarnates, I wonder what other worlds are made of... "

this is what I see Orphiel trying to discover in a way in his research of the planes.
    Last edited by Mythue; 10-13-2011 at 04:56 AM.

Plane Walker

We will apparently learn more on Ember Isle. The Sourcewells there draw power up from the Nexus which I get the impression still lies in the heart of Telara. More interestingly all the Elemental Spirits on the Ember Isles are native to Telara rather than the Planes....

In a recent panel they said that we would learn more about the creation of Telara there.

Plane Walker

In a recent panel they said that we would learn more about the creation of Telara there.

I feel so glad of this.

What panels do you read?

Plane Walker

http://www.riftjunkies.com/

NYCC 2011 Rift Panel.

Interesting bit of info.

+ Reply to Thread