+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Lutinz

Thread: Why towers no help?

RIFT Community Ambassador the_real_seebs's Avatar

Default Why towers no help?

Dread Morbash: TOWERS! Towers? Why towers no help? More sad...

... So what's that about? I think that was from a rift event.
    You can play WoW in any MMO. You don't have to play WoW in RIFT. Oh, and no, RIFT is not a WoW clone. Not having fun any more? Learn to play, noob! I don't speak for Riftui, but I moderate stuff there. Just came back? Welcome back! Here's what's changed. (Updated for 2.5!)

RIFT Community Ambassador Morvick's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by the_real_seebs View Post

Dread Morbash is forever alone.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zinbik View Post
    I also made other enhancements to certain aspects of the game for various reasons.

Quote Originally Posted by the_real_seebs View Post

Applicable....

Plane Walker

Is that from a earth rift? I know theres an earth rift with a Troll that gets buffed by 3 pillars around the rift. The only way to stop the buffs is to lure him over to the pillars and when he does his king hit he smashes them. Could be the wrong thing though.

Quote Originally Posted by Lutinz View Post
    Is that from a earth rift? I know theres an earth rift with a Troll that gets buffed by 3 pillars around the rift. The only way to stop the buffs is to lure him over to the pillars and when he does his king hit he smashes them. Could be the wrong thing though.
    That's the one. Morebash, you will be missed... I love the way Ogres die; they fall down and can't heave themselves back up, lol.
    I also made other enhancements to certain aspects of the game for various reasons.

Plane Walker

I really like the Trolls. I loved it in the Chronacle of Attunment on the Defiant side where Murph comes to your aid against Kain's cronies! Go Murph!

Actually Id love to hear the story on how exactly Murph and Asha met.

I really like the Trolls. I loved it in the Chronacle of Attunment on the Defiant side where Murph comes to your aid against Kain's cronies! Go Murph!

Actually Id love to hear the story on how exactly Murph and Asha met.
    They probably got plenty of Lv 50+ questlines in the works for that kind of stuff, lol.

(and Chronicles, and raids, and dungeons...)

Ones that I'm waiting for:

-more Shyla (post-Hylas, and change her model already!!! Voice is good now though.)
    -**Cyril** overall, and not just him going GO VIGIL. Attunement was a good start, but not enough yet.
    -Borrin (involvement in general stuff, not just 'bwa! reclaim Hammerknell! ya!')
    -randoms around Sanctum, like Katia, and give them unique models
    -that former cultist guy
    -Meeps
    -Deeps
    -The soul-class NPCs around both cities. Give them roles and unique models as time goes on. We can have our Blood Storm souls to represent the past, these NPCs to represent the present, and us as Ascended to represent the push toward the future. Give quests to represent all of these sides.
    -a final moment of Thomas Penthas. Mix in everything he's 'guided' you towards to mean something truly profound.
    -the Seer, or blind woman, can't remember her name. She must have a reason for her sight, and not just to grant Omen Sight lol.
    -more Asha
    -Rahn! and family!
    -Murph
    -we'll likely see more Kelari stuff overall in Ember Isle and an upcoming Fire Saga, but I want more Sylver... yet his new and more annoying voice turns me off
    -more and more Deeps
    -the Centurions and their role, founding, characters. Sanctum has the Sanctuary Guard's story more or less, but the Centurions really don't. They're just there, and I assume they are Eth remnants that have reorganized under Orphiel and decided to go under a military structure and uniform in armor?
    -ORPHIEL

I've only gotten to Stonefield on the Defiant side (just finished ALL quests for Freemarch with my new character, even all epics, and I'm ready to move onward), so in a month or so I'll have a clearer vision of what I want from the Defiant . But basically for the Guardians, I want more character stories, historical stories played out, and 'progression' stories that show that the Guardians are growing and learning in some way.

Ex. Water Saga was more of a 'personal character' story and had less to do with the Guardians themselves, which was fine. But Aelfwar Saga told me plenty of the Elves and Shyla, and made me want to see her more in some form - either fully down the path of the Destroyer, or as a woman struggling against potential corruptive influences.

Trion can also go ahead and replace and add story NPCs as they wish, which is what they've been doing anyway. Replacing random NPC with a new-model story NPC with a questline attached to them, is nice to see. Eventually it adds more of a feeling to Sanctum of it being a 'last refuge by specific characters' and less of a feeling of 'random temple with guards and copy-paste NPCS'.

Default Forever...

TOWERS?! Towers...? Why towers no help? ... More sad...

(That's the best I can do without my WACOM tablet, sorry. XD)

... Ya know, the Forever Alone face kinda looks like Morbash anyway.
    Last edited by Morvick; 10-16-2011 at 09:08 PM.

What zone is this?? Stonefield? I'm about to start it on my Defiant alt.

Sword of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Maeloda View Post
    They probably got plenty of Lv 50+ questlines in the works for that kind of stuff, lol.

(and Chronicles, and raids, and dungeons...)

Ones that I'm waiting for:

-more Shyla (post-Hylas, and change her model already!!! Voice is good now though.)
    -**Cyril** overall, and not just him going GO VIGIL. Attunement was a good start, but not enough yet.
    -Borrin (involvement in general stuff, not just 'bwa! reclaim Hammerknell! ya!')
    -that former cultist guy
    -Meeps
    -Deeps
    -The soul-class NPCs around both cities. Give them roles and unique models as time goes on. We can have our Blood Storm souls to represent the past, these NPCs to represent the present, and us as Ascended to represent the push toward the future. Give quests to represent all of these sides.
    -a final moment of Thomas Penthas. Mix in everything he's 'guided' you towards to mean something truly profound.
    -the Seer, or blind woman, can't remember her name. She must have a reason for her sight, and not just to grant Omen Sight lol.
    -more Asha
    -Rahn! and family!
    -Murph
    -we'll likely see more Kelari stuff overall in Ember Isle and an upcoming Fire Saga, but I want more Sylver... yet his new and more annoying voice turns me off
    -more and more Deeps
    -the Centurions and their role, founding, characters. Sanctum has the Sanctuary Guard's story more or less, but the Centurions really don't. They're just there, and I assume they are Eth remnants that have reorganized under Orphiel and decided to go under a military structure and uniform in armor?
    -ORPHIEL

I've only gotten to Stonefield on the Defiant side (just finished ALL quests for Freemarch with my new character, even all epics, and I'm ready to move onward), so in a month or so I'll have a clearer vision of what I want from the Defiant . But basically for the Guardians, I want more character stories, historical stories played out, and 'progression' stories that show that the Guardians are growing and learning in some way.

Ex. Water Saga was more of a 'personal character' story and had less to do with the Guardians themselves, which was fine. But Aelfwar Saga told me plenty of the Elves and Shyla, and made me want to see her more in some form - either fully down the path of the Destroyer, or as a woman struggling against potential corruptive influences.

Trion can also go ahead and replace and add story NPCs as they wish, which is what they've been doing anyway. Replacing random NPC with a new-model story NPC with a questline attached to them, is nice to see. Eventually it adds more of a feeling to Sanctum of it being a 'last refuge by specific characters' and less of a feeling of 'random temple with guards and copy-paste NPCS'.
    Uh, Shyla and Sylver's voices never changed. They just have active speaking roles now, so you can actually hear them outside of one zone event and the 3 times you have to go into the Planar College.

Quote Originally Posted by Terram View Post
    Uh, Shyla and Sylver's voices never changed. They just have active speaking roles now, so you can actually hear them outside of one zone event and the 3 times you have to go into the Planar College.
    I meant:
    1)Shyla's voice actress has gotten better at it.
    2)Sylver's voice actor has gotten worse. Yes his voice has changed, and its become obnoxious. I much preferred how he sounded at Terminus..

Sword of Telara

I meant:
    1)Shyla's voice actress has gotten better at it.
    2)Sylver's voice actor has gotten worse. Yes his voice has changed, and its become obnoxious. I much preferred how he sounded at Terminus..
    1) Hylas' voice actor got pretty good too. Look at "Crusade Against House Aelfwar", compared to "The Fallen Prince".
    2) You're more than welcome to try and shove him in a dank Ethian hole for 20 years. I'm sure he'll hit puberty down there. Or inhale a bunch of sourcestone fumes.

Plane Walker

-that former cultist guy
    -Meeps
    -Deeps
    -more Asha
    -Rahn! and family!
    -Murph
    -more and more Deeps
    -ORPHIEL

Im afraid Im drawing a complete blank on Thomas Penthas..

Id like to see more personal stories for the Guardians. Their stories are good and the Kain saga was brilliant but we just dont get to know our Guardian heroes as well as we get to know the Defiant ones. Even Asha is far more personal.

Id like to see more on Tam. It would be interesting to learn more about his history and the past of his family. He comes from a famous Monster Hunting family. Thats got to have good stories and potential old enemies.

Shyla is interesting. Their is much hinted about her but some which we just havent seen. The shadows of her potential future make it easy to find her suspect. Her prophecy when you first get Omen sight though suggests that Shyla's biggest risk of corruption is because of despair. Shes lost so much and it cuts at her. That would be interesting to explore. If she is going to be saved from Regulos then Im imagining it will be by the Guardians giving her purpose and hope. Now THAT would be personal:P

So many good potential characters to explore...

Anyway if youve just started the Defiants I suggest you take your time to enjoy them. There story is very good. Particularly try and do all the Kira/Uriel and Andriana Weaver stories. They are both very well done. Kira and Uriel in particular really grow on you.

Oh the only real change I want for Shylas model is the pink hair. That really is a bit painful for me:P
    Last edited by Lutinz; 10-17-2011 at 02:15 PM.

Im afraid Im drawing a complete blank on Thomas Penthas..

Id like to see more personal stories for the Guardians. Their stories are good and the Kain saga was brilliant but we just dont get to know our Guardian heroes as well as we get to know the Defiant ones. Even Asha is far more personal.

Id like to see more on Tam. It would be interesting to learn more about his history and the past of his family. He comes from a famous Monster Hunting family. Thats got to have good stories and potential old enemies.

Shyla is interesting. Their is much hinted about her but some which we just havent seen. The shadows of her potential future make it easy to find her suspect. Her prophecy when you first get Omen sight though suggests that Shyla's biggest risk of corruption is because of despair. Shes lost so much and it cuts at her. That would be interesting to explore. If she is going to be saved from Regulos then Im imagining it will be by the Guardians giving her purpose and hope. Now THAT would be personal:P

So many good potential characters to explore...

Anyway if youve just started the Defiants I suggest you take your time to enjoy them. There story is very good. Particularly try and do all the Kira/Uriel and Andriana Weaver stories. They are both very well done. Kira and Uriel in particular really grow on you.

Oh the only real change I want for Shylas model is the pink hair. That really is a bit painful for me:P
    You meet Thomas Penthas:
    -in Mathosia, near Shyla and Borrin.
    -after you return to Telara, in Silverwood's Marsh House, as he had dreams about the boglings (weird)
    -in Shimmersand, to help take down Prince Hazeed
    -in Chronicle of Attunement he's among the other character NPCs

He's very much the token questgiver that appears all over the place. It seems it is literally his calling to assist Ascended that pass through areas :P

Agreed on everything though. ESPECIALLY SHYLA'S MODEL OMG.

Plane Walker

Yeah I remember now. He was in Moonglade too. Its just with a generic voice and model I never noticed. I always wondered why he seemed to act like he knew me in Shimmersand.

WTB some new unique models....

Id love to see some more insight into Jebiah's story too. You get a fair few hints to his backstory but never many details. I actually found for all his rough edges I actually liked the dwarf. I think he would have made a far better option as the Guardian rep at Hammerknell. Hammerknell was his home after all.

+ Reply to Thread