+ Reply to Thread

Thread: An add-on

Plane Walker

Default An add-on

to this posting

http://forums.riftgame.com/lore-tela...r-meaning.html

You can ask Sylver Valis now why he is called a Nalthema.

He answers...

"Nalthema is the Kelari word for a person who cannot connect with the spirits that our people worked with to make our civilization in the Isles".

so.. he lived on the Isles, and by saying 'our people' do you think he means Kelari, or Defiant as a whole. Is he a Kelari Elf?

Plane Walker

or did he live on the Isles, I can't tell from the wordings anymore
    Last edited by Mythue; 10-01-2011 at 05:26 AM.

Sword of Telara

He is Kelari, yes.

Plane Walker

this is so nice to know, thank you, it opens up that not all Kelari are able to make pacts with spirits.
    Last edited by Mythue; 10-01-2011 at 05:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mythue View Post
    this is so nice to know, thank you, it opens up that not all Kelari are able to make pacts with spirits.

And there are, in fact, enough of them that the language has a specific word for them....though it wouldn't surprise me to find out that the direct translation is something along the lines of "pitiable one" or "broken one", since the ability to make spirit pacts does seem to be a "dominant trait".
    Last edited by GothWulfe; 10-05-2011 at 03:34 PM.

Plane Walker

"And there are, in fact, enough of them that the language has a specific word for them....though it wouldn't surprise me to find out that the direct translation is something along the lines of "pitiable one" or "broken one", since the ability to make spirit pacts does seem to be a "dominant trait"".

this reminded me of the quest Spirit Coercion given by Anthousa Mona in Last Light.

http://telarapedia.com/wiki/Quest:Spirit_Coercion

does it seem in the future because of what Anthousa says that all Kelari are 'Nalthema'? not because they have lost their dominant trait but because the spirits no longer grant their power to them.

so in the future timeline, in Last Light, you have a choice, you can accept this quest that Anthousa gives and forcefully claim your birthright or choose not to do it. If you choose not to, then you enter the present without this birthright of old, so I begin to wonder what really is this birthright of old.

+ Reply to Thread