+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Life beyond death.

Plane Touched

Default Life beyond death.

Well, clearly Akylios and Greenscale are dead. Their physical bodies are gone. However their spirtual energy lives on, somewhere out in the unvierse. In theory, it can be channeled into a new physical form in Telara, as hinted to in The Water Saga. So if a dragon has a soul, Akylios and Greenscale are as close as you can get. Outside of the physical world. Dead.

But where does this spirit energy go? Does it float outside of the ward, like a leaf on a pond? Or does it go somewhere else...Somewhere evil...Somewhere where every other sentient dead being seems to go.

Into the maw of Regulos.

How does a dragon soul differ from a mortal soul? More powerful maybe, attuned to a plane most likely, but does a dragon soul go straight back to it's plane of origin?

Consider if you will, Regulos, feeding off the spirit energy of the fallen brood. Becoming even more godly with each dragon we slay. Are we merely playing into his will? He doesn't seem to emotional that we have killed his companions. Although we can't really gauge the emotions of the other dragons either. In fact we haven't heard much from or about him since the events in the starting zones of either faction.

Possible yes. Outlandish, even more so. But the purpose of my threads is never to present facts. Just to try to get people to look at something from a different perspective. What are your thoughts readers?

Sword of Telara

Boss rush, you heard it here first.

Plane Walker

But where does this spirit energy go? Does it float outside of the ward, like a leaf on a pond?

for now I see this energy remaining within the ward, until it becomes neutral.

Quote Originally Posted by Mythue View Post
    But where does this spirit energy go? Does it float outside of the ward, like a leaf on a pond?

for now I see this energy remaining within the ward, until it becomes neutral.
    To expand upon this, this energy is found across Telara in the form of the Dragon Motes. Dragon Motes are literally fragments of the Dragons (or their energy).
    I have a photoshopic memory. I remember everything you say or do exactly the way I want to.

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Ihas2buckets View Post
    Consider if you will, Regulos, feeding off the spirit energy of the fallen brood. Becoming even more godly with each dragon we slay. Are we merely playing into his will? He doesn't seem to emotional that we have killed his companions.
    As i've posted in other threads regarding this subject before; the dialogue at the finale of the River of Souls raid clarifies this to an extent, or at least deeply hints at just that being the truth.

To paraquote Regulos/Alsbeth's exchange:

(Alsbeth hits 10%, Phase 1)
    Alsbeth: "Regulos, grant me power!"
    Regulos: "No. You have failed me for the last time, I shall find a more worthy servant."
    Alsbeth: "Damn you Regulos, I shall draw my power from the Soulstream Itself!"
    (Alsbeth charges up to 100% Hp, becomes unstable, and then phase 2 begins).
    (Alsbeth dies, end phase 2).
    Alsbeth: This cannot be... *death*
    Regulos: "Well done, Ascended... Alsbeth's death has been too long in coming, I shall savor her soul."
    Regulos: "Take your petty victory, you think you defy me, with every step forward in your journey you are proving to be my most loyal servant."
    (End Regulos chatter, wait about 2-3 minutes)
    (Orphiel's Imagifier appears, Orphiel begins walking around the Soulstream arena/gizmo, commenting on how fascinating it all really is).
    Last edited by Asono; 09-27-2011 at 06:23 AM.

Consider if you will, Regulos, feeding off the spirit energy of the fallen brood. Becoming even more godly with each dragon we slay. Are we merely playing into his will? He doesn't seem to emotional that we have killed his companions. Although we can't really gauge the emotions of the other dragons either. In fact we haven't heard much from or about him since the events in the starting zones of either faction.

Possible yes. Outlandish, even more so. But the purpose of my threads is never to present facts. Just to try to get people to look at something from a different perspective. What are your thoughts readers?
    I think that there is a huge plot hole if killing dragon's simply feeds into Regulos' hands. It's clear he is the big baddie, so he could, presumably, just go kill the other dragons himself.

The story would need some kind of alteration for this to make any sense.

Sword of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by overbyte View Post
    I think that there is a huge plot hole if killing dragon's simply feeds into Regulos' hands. It's clear he is the big baddie, so he could, presumably, just go kill the other dragons himself.

Well, when we fight Greenscale he's actively trying to corrupt Greenscale. I'll take a crack at it and say that corrupting them would probably have a greater payoff than simply killing them, because as we've seen killing the dragons on Telara disperses their power into motes. He can't find all the motes, it's impossible. So it's either take a shot at ALL of their power, or settle for a lesser amount.

Quote Originally Posted by overbyte View Post

Regulos is trapped outside the ward, the 5 other dragons are in seperate prisons inside the ward. How is that a plot hole?
    I have a photoshopic memory. I remember everything you say or do exactly the way I want to.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Sinndel View Post
    Regulos is trapped outside the ward, the 5 other dragons are in seperate prisons inside the ward. How is that a plot hole?
    Not to mention if Regulos is too weak to even break through the ward, the chances are slim that he will be able to kill the other gods without severely depleting his own strength. Which would leave him open to counter attack.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Sinndel View Post
    To expand upon this, this energy is found across Telara in the form of the Dragon Motes. Dragon Motes are literally fragments of the Dragons (or their energy).
    Yes, Dragon Motes are dragon fragments basically.

But consider this for a moment. Dragon motes were introduced in the same patch as the Water Saga. For those of you who haven't done the Water Saga, it follows the spirit of Lyrr as she tries to channel the spirtual essence of Akylios into a physical form.

BUTHAYWAITJUSTAMINUTETHAR!

How can she be channeling his essence when the motes are his essence. Dragon motes can't be their energy. Unless of course, their spirit energy is like a gas, and the motes are like the gas dispersing. Bus still, that leaves energy for Regulos to nom on.

How can she be channeling his essence when the motes are his essence. Dragon motes can't be their energy. Unless of course, their spirit energy is like a gas, and the motes are like the gas dispersing. Bus still, that leaves energy for Regulos to nom on.
    We're not the only ones collecting motes. If the Abyssal can gather enough of Akylios's remnants, they can bring him back. It's actually stated outright by one of the questgivers in Meridian; he questions whether beings such as the Blood Storm can ever truly die, or if 'killing' them merely scatters their energies until the energy comes together again.

Which, I feel, raises one alarming problem. What have we been doing all this time, again? Oh, right. Collecting motes and bringing them together in one place.
    "I get up early. And I don't go to bed until I've made some very poor decisions."

*Antaeus, Defiant Kelari - Faeblight RP-PvE
    Now available: Telara, as seen through screenshots of varying quality.

Not to mention if Regulos is too weak to even break through the ward, the chances are slim that he will be able to kill the other gods without severely depleting his own strength. Which would leave him open to counter attack.
    I don't think Regulos' inability to penetrate the ward has anything to do with weakness on his part. At least, nothing of that nature is ever suggested.

The Ward aside, there's a reason Regulos is letting us do his fighting for him. He may be the strongest dragon, but any two of the others could overwhelm him. Crucia could probably beat him one-on-one, simply due to her advantage of Air over Death. It's the reason we won 1500 years ago, the reason Regulos never offed his kin in the first place - a tenuous truce was safer.
    "I get up early. And I don't go to bed until I've made some very poor decisions."

*Antaeus, Defiant Kelari - Faeblight RP-PvE
    Now available: Telara, as seen through screenshots of varying quality.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Xerokine View Post
    We're not the only ones collecting motes. If the Abyssal can gather enough of Akylios's remnants, they can bring him back. It's actually stated outright by one of the questgivers in Meridian; he questions whether beings such as the Blood Storm can ever truly die, or if 'killing' them merely scatters their energies until the energy comes together again.

Which, I feel, raises one alarming problem. What have we been doing all this time, again? Oh, right. Collecting motes and bringing them together in one place.
    Yes, but in the Water Saga, Lyrr tries to channel his essence without any motes at all. And Veras tried to do it as well. Without motes. There must be some form of energy out there that can be tapped into without motes.

Also, I'm going to guess that for a dragon to reconstruct his physical form from motes would leave him severely weakened... At least for a while anyway. That's not based on fact, but if the dragons don't have enough power to bust out of their prisons solo, then I'm going to guess they don't have enough to reassemble themselves with no side effects.

Plane Walker

http://www.riftgame.com/en/game/upda...len-events.php

from reading about the Dragon Motes, it is the Dragon Tears that seem to have more importance, the pure elemental energy of the dragon gods, maybe this is what she had, from a broken mote.

pure to me means that it can be easily converted. I now want to go and see who wants these dragon tears, who offers exchanges for them :)
    Last edited by Mythue; 09-27-2011 at 06:16 PM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast