+ Reply to Thread

Thread: What, if any, are the naming guidelines for the two factions?

Default What, if any, are the naming guidelines for the two factions?

(for those of you who do both, sorry for double posting this here and in Factions section of Beta forum, but nobody answered me there, so...)

I only played Beta 4, but I did try both factions and paid extra attention to the names (names are important to me, I nerd). I've also read up on a bit of the lore and checked the forums, but I can't seem to find any obvious influences on names and naming for either faction or any of the races, nor any guidelines regarding how to name your character and whether there are in fact any name differences between factions and races at all.

Does anyone have any ideas or suggestions, maybe you even know something I don't? If the idea is 'generic fantasy' in all aspects, for either faction and all races that's okay too, I'd just like to know (And devs, if you read this, please include something about names and a naming guideline somewhere - it really helps at least me to feel part of something bigger, a culture).

I was thinking about this myself yesterday. Currently, I'm planning on a High Elf of some description or other and intend to go with this name, but guidance on the naming would be great.

Check out this thread -- had some good info and leads on this.

http://forums.riftgame.com/showthrea...-Names-in-Rift

Thanks all, continuing discussion in other thread!

+ Reply to Thread